Author Topic: KURUPT: “The Cars and Houses That Suge Knight Bought Us Weren’t In Our Name”  (Read 219 times)

Sccit

astra4322

Stile Drath row stories we haven’t heard  :-X

b.laden

Suge  Knight  a coward. i hate that type of shit

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
RBX spoke on this too in a recent interview

abusive

A car is a liability and so is a house unless you renting it. I don't see the issue with this. They didn't lose anything. 
It's the record business anyway, this sort of thing is common. Where was Dre, Harry-O and The D.O.C. at? They were all co-owners of DR right? Shouldn't they have had made sure that the houses and cars were in the artist name? Somebody make dis make sense to me.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Dee Tha AK

Numerous artists have said that already.. Now it seems Crooked is now trying to bite back teasing up w snoop n stuff?

OG Snoopaveli

Kurupt is right bout that.

Dee Tha AK

Kurupt is right bout that.

We've heard it many times though but looka here: they (still) "had" the cars while other people around them were still in the "hood" to put it that way... Some Artist has special treatment even w/o and album out. hint: DB

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The economics of the rap game make no sense to me, even less now with the digital game, but even in the Death Row days it made no sense.

Take an artist like Danny Boy.  Even Danny Boy is mad at Death Row.  That type of shit makes me crazy.  Because Danny Boy didn't do jack shit for Death Row.  His biggest song, "I Ain't Mad At Ya" was a sample and most all the money off that went to cover the sample.  And also I think the same is true for "Picture Me Rollin".  And on both those songs, Pac made the song, not Danny Boy.  Pac could have even chose another singer with a similar voice and style and replaced Danny Boy on the track.  Hell, he could have used the guy who sung on "White Man's World" or "Smile" or if he needed someone more talented he could have used KC and Jojo.

The point is--if you got artists like Danny Boy saying that Suge and Death Row fucced them over and didn't pay them what they are due then obviously this shit has gone too far.  Because actually Death Row did nothing but favors for Danny Boy.  In fact, he should have been paying them to be on songs like "I Ain't Mad At Ya" cause he can probably still do shows and concerts to this day because of those tracks.

As for Kurupt, I think everyone was winning in the Death Row prime years, I don't think he did anything but win at Death Row.  And he pretty much says that.  And he was let out of his deal pretty easy.  So if Suge fucced him over it wasn't any worse than what would've happened at another label—and look how much success he had being there.  Imagine if he had RBX'd it and not signed and left the label.  Kurupt got way more money and success from staying on Death Row than RBX did leaving.  And look at Warren G, his 3rd album went Gold and he says he got no money from that album  ;D.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)