Author Topic: NAS - MAGIC 2 (Official Discussion)  (Read 335 times)

The Predator

NAS - MAGIC 2 (Official Discussion)
« on: July 21, 2023, 01:04:32 AM »
Woke up this mornin' and see there's a fresh new Nasty-Nas album out!

1. Intro
2. Abracadabra
3. Office Hours (feat. 50 Cent)
4. Black Magic
5. Motion
6. Bokeem Woodbine
7. Earvin Magic Johnson
8. What This All Really Means
9. Slow it Down
10. Pistols On Your Album Cover
11. One Mic, One Gun

Nas Debuts New Album 'Magic 2'
Executive produced by Hit-Boy and Nas himself.

Nas is back with his latest release, Magic 2 — the sequel to 2021’s Magic.

The 11-track record clocks in at 30 minutes and is executive produced by Hit-Boy and Nas himself, with 50 Cent and 21 Savage appearing on the tracks “Office Hours” and “One Mic, One Gun,” respectively. Magic 2 picks up where 2022’s King’s Disease — its direct predecessor — left off, and hears Nas and Hit-Boy’s partnership at an elevated level. The rapper’s recent three-year run is a testament to his legacy and power, and Nas has proven that he is one of the few that have aged like fine wine.

The following users thanked this post: Sir Dogg

Sccit

NAS - MAGIC 2 (Official Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 07:47:24 AM »
Nas goin in wit all these releases back to back to back

he found a workin formula wit hit-boy

HighEyeCue

Re: NAS - MAGIC 2 (Official Discussion)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 08:36:12 AM »
Nas is basically the only east coast rapper from the 90's that is dropping consistently dope albums or even dropping albums

havent heard this one yet but I'm sure its pretty good 8)

Jay_J

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 12:54:52 PM »
Nas is basically the only east coast rapper from the 90's that is dropping consistently dope albums or even dropping albums

havent heard this one yet but I'm sure its pretty good 8)

not only east coast bro, there are only 2 rappers left from 90s who still are in their primes, Eminem and Nas....

Jay_J

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 12:55:40 PM »
it sounds like 50 cent just sent a voice message on whatsapp and hit-boy mixed it somehow for the song.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 01:53:05 PM »
it sounds like 50 cent just sent a voice message on whatsapp and hit-boy mixed it somehow for the song.

just checked that joint.. the mixing and mastering not that impressive

nas releasing a lil too many albums for my liking

leave something to be desired and focus on one concentrated effort instead of 5 album in 3 years 

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 09:52:19 PM »
Out of the 5 albums, i have cherry-picked my favourite tunes and got a solid Nas/Hit mix out of it.

After 1st listen of M2, think ill be adding Motion and Slow It Down.

Nasir gonna be rappin on new LL album next -

Eminem Gushes Over Nas' 'Illmatic': 'That Album Had Me In A Slump'

by Karan Singh

Published on: Jul 20, 2023, 10:00 AM PDT

Eminem has always acknowledged his heroes, and ranked high among them is the legendary Nas.

The Detroit MC was featured in The New York Times‘ “50 Rappers, 50 Stories” piece in honor of Hip Hop’s 50th anniversary, in which he talked about the impact that Illmatic had on him when he was honing his craft.

“I remember The Source gave ‘Illmatic’ five mics [a perfect score],” Em said. “I already knew I liked Nas from ‘Live at the Barbeque’ with Main Source, because his verse on that is one of the most classic verses in Hip Hop of all time. But I was, like, ‘Five mics, though? Let me see what this is.’

“And when I put it on, ‘And be prosperous/though we live dangerous/Cops could just arrest me/Blamin’ us/We’re held like hostages.’ He was going in and outside of the rhyme scheme, internal rhymes. That album had me in a slump, too. I know the album front to back.”

Slim Shady previously discussed how much Nas’ seminal 1994 debut album taught him during a 2020 interview with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe.

“Everybody knows that is a classic, essential album,” he said. “I don’t know where you place that in Hip Hop, but it’s got to be at the top. It’s got to be up at the top.

“It taught me different flow patterns, different schemes you can do, and then when you start finding your own that you feel like haven’t been done yet, that’s when it becomes fun.”

Eminem was particularly impressed by the song “Halftime,” which he claims shaped his own approach as an MC.

“One of the reasons that I picked ‘Halftime’ is because there’s some rhyme schemes on there that most rappers to this day probably can’t do,” he said. “And that’s one of the things that has made Nas so great over his career.

“Like when he [said], ‘Because when I blast the herb, that’s my word/ I’ll be slaying them fast, doing this, that, and the third/ But chill, pass the Andre, and let’s slay/ I bag bitches up at John Jay and hit a matinee.’ He was rhyming entire sentences. And I’m like, ‘What the fuck is this?'”

Also in the New York Times article, the “Without Me” hitmaker praised Treach, admitting that the Naughty By Nature spitter made him want to quit rapping at one point.

“And then Treach from Naughty by Nature came along and he was doing all that, too,” Em said. “He was cool, too — his image and everything. I wanted to be him. When the first Naughty by Nature album dropped, that whole summer, I couldn’t write a rap.

“’I’ll never be that good; I should just quit.’ I was so depressed, but that’s all I played for that summer. Proof thought Treach was the best rapper, too. Every time he would drop an album I would just be, like, Son of a bitch.”

Although collaborations between Eminem and Nas have been few and far between throughout their decorated careers, with one of their only team-ups coming on 2021’s “EPMD 2,” the rap icons are both set to appear on LL COOL J’s upcoming album.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

doggfather

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 02:49:28 AM »

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2023, 01:50:27 PM »

just checked that joint.. the mixing and mastering not that impressive

nas releasing a lil too many albums for my liking

leave something to be desired and focus on one concentrated effort instead of 5 album in 3 years

yeah you are right about the mixing and mastering

Nas is still in top lyrical form though but the Hit-Boy production is getting kind of stale

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2023, 09:51:53 AM »
I haven’t even checked this one yet. Kinda getting tired of the Nas Hitboy combo. It’s just too much

doggfather

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 10:17:40 AM »

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 12:14:13 PM »

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ