Author Topic: Fans Say "Game Was Never King of the West Coast"  (Read 742 times)

Mistah Wilson

• Lil Geezy
Fans Say "Game Was Never King of the West Coast"
« on: December 10, 2023, 04:36:18 PM »

If it ain't tha name-dropping, it's tha self-proclaimed ego of rapper The Game that has Hip Hop fans in strong, open disagreement. It's getting kind of weird now, tho. Because there has been a consistent trend of fans disagreeing with Game's evaluation of himself and his overall standing amongst other acts from his era. In a recent facebook post by DatWAV, it features a 4-grid meme of Game basically saying he was the King of tha West Coast for 10 years and now it belongs to Kendrick Lamar. While I, myself surely had a reaction to it, here is what people had to say in the comments...

Full Story
https://www.thawilsonblock.com/2023/12/fans-say-game-was-never-king-of-west.html

EAZY-LI

Re: Fans Say "Game Was Never King of the West Coast"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 02:40:15 AM »
If his so called record label actually signed west coast acts and put them out with some success then I would give it to him
But you cant be the king just cause your the only successful one on the coast for a certain period.
You got start a movement of some sort.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

h2k4

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 05:53:34 PM »
If his so called record label actually signed west coast acts and put them out with some success then I would give it to him
But you cant be the king just cause your the only successful one on the coast for a certain period.
You got start a movement of some sort.
So we're going to act like he didn't put on Jay Rock, K. Dot, Cyserro, Juice, Nipsey, Menace, etc....

People might not like his antics outside of rapping but you can't dispute his impact on the west coast.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

HighEyeCue

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 04:15:54 AM »
I don't think the West Coast had a true king since the days of Snoop and Pac on Death Row

but this is an outsiders opinion since I'm from NYC

midwestryder

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 06:26:58 PM »
So we're going to act like he didn't put on Jay Rock, K. Dot, Cyserro, Juice, Nipsey, Menace, etc....

People might not like his antics outside of rapping but you can't dispute his impact on the west coast.
Top dawg put on Jay Rock and Kendrick not the game. Juice and Menace are jokes and never went anywhere. The game didn't put Nipsey on either

midwestryder

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 06:27:38 PM »
I don't think the West Coast had a true king since the days of Snoop and Pac on Death Row

but this is an outsiders opinion since I'm from NYC
because Ice Cube is Still The King of the West Coast

jaytee

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 04:37:44 AM »

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 05:00:54 AM »
because Ice Cube is Still The King of the West Coast

you misspelled snoop dogg.  ;D 8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

h2k4

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 04:28:14 PM »
Top dawg put on Jay Rock and Kendrick not the game. Juice and Menace are jokes and never went anywhere. The game didn't put Nipsey on either

I think all of those guys would say otherwise but hey, you believe what you want.

MakCorleone

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 04:45:41 PM »

His G-Unot movement hurt G-Unit, I remember when Game dropped I was like damn this mf is bigger than any G-Unit member besides 50.

I really like his music morr than Kendrick or any West Coast artist that came outi in the last 10 years

Okka

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2023, 06:19:52 AM »
He was at one point.