Author Topic: Episode 7 Suge Collect Call Discussion Thread  (Read 340 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Episode 7 Suge Collect Call Discussion Thread
« on: December 21, 2023, 09:54:35 AM »
Aside from my students at work these calls are the best thing in my daily life currently—and I’m not exaggerating.  I’m in Heaven listening to these it’s always like I’m back in 96 again which was Heaven on Flat earth to me. 

So in this latest episode he takes more shots at Snoop I mean this cat is really really beefing hard with Snoop.  Im thinking maybe he feels Snoop should have held him down and held down Death Row when Suge got locked up—Im not sure what for but he really has it out for Snoop bad.  But it was almost like he was stopping his stories midstream this episode but that’s Suges style in a way he kind of likes to take jabs and subliminals.

He took a little jab at Danny Boy but I was hoping he’d go all the way in on Danny Boy cause Danny Boy been talking so much shit like Suge owe him the world just cause he sung a hook on a couple songs for “All Eyez on Me”

Anyway, what did y’all think?

https://youtu.be/AD7elQBMhT0?si=_ulmpIjTVPjsT990
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Episode 7 Suge Collect Call Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 07:53:57 PM »
Suge rambles on and on. Podcast is hard to listen to but with a few tweaks i think it could be better. The host can’t keep him on point.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 10:29:56 PM »
Suge rambles on and on. Podcast is hard to listen to but with a few tweaks i think it could be better. The host can’t keep him on point.

Nobody can keep Suge on point.

But I think Dave is perfect guy to be doing this.  He obviously knows how to present Suge because back when the Source was the “Bible” of hiphop Suge rocked the cover of the mag around the time of PAC’s Death and I still think it’s the best article anyone has ever done on Suge.

He lets Suge talk and there was only one episode that was a slight anomaly where Dave was interjecting, I think it was the second or 3rd but Suge shut him down pretty fast on that note.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 08:04:18 AM »
Nobody can keep Suge on point.

But I think Dave is perfect guy to be doing this.  He obviously knows how to present Suge because back when the Source was the “Bible” of hiphop Suge rocked the cover of the mag around the time of PAC’s Death and I still think it’s the best article anyone has ever done on Suge.

He lets Suge talk and there was only one episode that was a slight anomaly where Dave was interjecting, I think it was the second or 3rd but Suge shut him down pretty fast on that note.

But that's what a good host should do.  Interject, call him out (in a nice way), if Suge is saying something on the podcast contradictory to what he said in other interviews, the host should call him out and ask for clarification.  The host basically gives Suge an open mic and says "tell me about INSERT SITUATION" and Suge gives an hour-long soliloquy that ends up going all over the place.  But maybe that's how Suge wants it.  Maybe he won't do the podcast if someone asks him tough questions.  Maybe Suge only agreed to do it if we was lobbed softball questions and have the host agree with everything he says.  Wouldn't surprise me. 

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 08:10:04 AM »
very entertaining stuff by Suge 8)

I like that he subtlety dissed Danny Boy...Danny was talking reckless in his latest Art interviews

mtbsm

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 09:17:01 AM »
loved episodes 1-6..this one lost me a little. too much rambling

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2023, 12:37:57 AM »
But that's what a good host should do.  Interject, call him out (in a nice way), if Suge is saying something on the podcast contradictory to what he said in other interviews, the host should call him out and ask for clarification.  The host basically gives Suge an open mic and says "tell me about INSERT SITUATION" and Suge gives an hour-long soliloquy that ends up going all over the place.  But maybe that's how Suge wants it.  Maybe he won't do the podcast if someone asks him tough questions.  Maybe Suge only agreed to do it if we was lobbed softball questions and have the host agree with everything he says.  Wouldn't surprise me.

Dave only did that once.  And it was probably the most interesting segment they’ve done, and it’s because Snoop actually called Dave directly so Dave interjected and was like—“well Snoop called me and Snoop said Jimmy paid for it”.  That was a great segment.

And I agree with you it might be cool to have Dave challenge him a bit like a real journalists might do but as you said I don’t think that’s the format Suge agreed to.

And a lot of the “challenges” about Suge they get wrong anyway…

Did you have Pac killed?  (Dumb question cause Suge caught a bullet in the head)

Who paid for Snoops court case?  (This is kind of dumb too because as Reggie’s explained Interscope sort of paid for things up front but Suge was still responsible)

Now there’s this dumb question being batted around on Art of — Did Suge bring Jada the ashes?   (This one is also dumb because he could have been the one responsible for it but had one of his staff deliver it so it’s just arguing over details of how something was delivered 30 years ago).

The proper challenges to Suge would be questions like…

There was a noticeable detoiration in the quality of music from Doggystyle to Doggfather what happened there?  From the Murder Was the Case soundtrack to the Dysfuntional Family soundtrack, from Dogg Food Kurupt to Against the Grain Kurupt.  Why not ask him about stuff like that?  Or what about all the money and time wasted on Crooked I and the album never came??  Daz solo was poppin why didn’t it even sell gold??   What’s his relationship with Daz?  With Kurupt?  Danny Boy said this what happened with Danny Boy exactly?  What happened with Reggie?  That’s all the stuff I wanna hear about is the music and artists. 

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2023, 12:42:44 AM »
very entertaining stuff by Suge 8)

I like that he subtlety dissed Danny Boy...Danny was talking reckless in his latest Art interviews

Exactly homie—

but I wanted him to go all the way in on that fruitcake!  Because Suge done gave this guy the world.  This kid was 17 and sleepin with Mary J Blige for goodness sake and what other 17 year olds get to live the life he was living and look what he has been since without Suge??  The kid had a nice voice but turned out to be a fruitcake but when he was with Suge he was on top of the world then Suge goes to jail and stopped taking care of you and now you doing interviews and books and probably gettin paid to talk shit on Suge.

I’m serious—Suge probably think Danny don’t deserve more than a couple jabs and subliminals

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2023, 12:45:02 AM »
loved episodes 1-6..this one lost me a little. too much rambling

Yeah that’s the point I was making it almost seemed like he was stopping midstream in some of the stories he was telling.

…honesty Suge ain’t the most articulate guy.  I’m sure he holds court though in a prison yard session

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2023, 01:57:32 PM »
Dave only did that once.  And it was probably the most interesting segment they’ve done, and it’s because Snoop actually called Dave directly so Dave interjected and was like—“well Snoop called me and Snoop said Jimmy paid for it”.  That was a great segment.

And I agree with you it might be cool to have Dave challenge him a bit like a real journalists might do but as you said I don’t think that’s the format Suge agreed to.

And a lot of the “challenges” about Suge they get wrong anyway…

Did you have Pac killed?  (Dumb question cause Suge caught a bullet in the head)

Who paid for Snoops court case?  (This is kind of dumb too because as Reggie’s explained Interscope sort of paid for things up front but Suge was still responsible)

Now there’s this dumb question being batted around on Art of — Did Suge bring Jada the ashes?   (This one is also dumb because he could have been the one responsible for it but had one of his staff deliver it so it’s just arguing over details of how something was delivered 30 years ago).

The proper challenges to Suge would be questions like…

There was a noticeable detoiration in the quality of music from Doggystyle to Doggfather what happened there?  From the Murder Was the Case soundtrack to the Dysfuntional Family soundtrack, from Dogg Food Kurupt to Against the Grain Kurupt.  Why not ask him about stuff like that?  Or what about all the money and time wasted on Crooked I and the album never came??  Daz solo was poppin why didn’t it even sell gold??   What’s his relationship with Daz?  With Kurupt?  Danny Boy said this what happened with Danny Boy exactly?  What happened with Reggie?  That’s all the stuff I wanna hear about is the music and artists.

Totally agree, i'm tired of him talking about Snoop, Dre, and Pac.  I've heard it all from him about them.  I'd love to know some more details about the other artists, like what happened with Nate Dogg's album, OFTB, etc.  Talk about the rock label he was creating, and the jazz.  Why did Lady of Rage come out so late and had all this DJ Premier production instead of Dre. 

I agree, stuff like that would be way more interesting than listening to him talk about Pac's death or what happened with Snoop for the millionth time. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2023, 08:00:23 AM »
Totally agree, i'm tired of him talking about Snoop, Dre, and Pac.  I've heard it all from him about them.  I'd love to know some more details about the other artists, like what happened with Nate Dogg's album, OFTB, etc.  Talk about the rock label he was creating, and the jazz.  Why did Lady of Rage come out so late and had all this DJ Premier production instead of Dre. 

I agree, stuff like that would be way more interesting than listening to him talk about Pac's death or what happened with Snoop for the millionth time.

It's all been interesting really.  Suge is not a boring interview.  He talks shit, and says some real shit too, some funny shit, some bullshit, some unheard stories, reminiscing, and he's just a cool dude.  So it's still a great show. 

I agree about the Nate and Rage album.  I'd love to hear what happen with Nate's project from its inception all the way up till when it was released in July 1998 on another label.  We never get to hear Suge talk about Nate.

Then, Rage I would like to hear the questions you asked regarding rage and just I've always wondered does the label lose money on albums like that?  Does Suge even care when he loses money on albums like that?  Because you never hear labels complain about losing money on shit like that.  Like nobody says, damn we spent all this money on Rage project and it didn't sell.  You just never hear anything. 

How much did Suge actually make on all those albums like Rage, Daz, 2 Gangsta, Dysfunctional Family, and so on... did he go in debt because of it?