Author Topic: True Crime: Streets of L.A. (Video Game)  (Read 192 times)

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
True Crime: Streets of L.A. (Video Game)
« on: May 26, 2003, 09:48:08 AM »
To capture the urban vibe of Los Angeles for its upcoming True Crime: Streets of L.A. video game, Activision, Inc., has partnered with L.A.-based Vybe Squad, LLC to produce a groundbreaking soundtrack that features more original songs from the biggest names in West Coast hip-hop than any game soundtrack ever released. Tha Eastsidaz, Suga Free, Westside Connection, E-40, Eazy-E Jr., Coolio, KAM, Bug Hutch (ATL) are among the many artists currently set to submit tracks for the True Crime: Streets of L.A. album, with other headlining talent to be announced.

In addition, the soundtrack will feature licensed tracks, including select classics. The tracks will provide the backdrop to action-packed car chases, shootouts, on-foot pursuits and hand-to-hand combat featured in the highly anticipated mission-based driving and action video game.

Bigg Swoop, President and CEO of Vybe Squad Records added, "This video game has all the action of a hardcore action film, Ain't nothing soft about it and Ain't nothing soft about the soundtrack."

In True Crime: Streets of L.A., players assume the role of rogue Elite Operations Division (E.O.D.) operative Nick Kang, a no-holds-barred badass, whose brutal reputation and lethal skills have landed him the nasty task of taking down the Chinese Triad and Russian Mafia cartel that has turned the City of Angels into a war zone. Take part in explosive gun battles with double fisted firepower, devastating martial arts brawls, and high-speed shootouts across 250 square miles of accurately recreated L.A. In car or on-foot, the unique branching missions include locating hostile witnesses, searching for case-cracking clues, taking out evasive informants and busting the heavily armed and deadly bad guys. True Crime: Streets of L.A. will be available this fall for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and the Nintendo Game Cube and has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

@WCKILLAZ
40oz Graphire

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:True Crime: Streets of L.A. (Video Game)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 10:58:03 PM »
yea, this news came out like 2 weeks ago

should be a dope ass game though  

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 12:13:59 PM »
aw hell nah.....are they gonna have crips and bloods in the game?

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 12:52:53 PM »
sounds dope.

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 07:31:42 PM »
any release date and for systems?
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 11:05:25 PM »
Sept 19,2003

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 04:50:40 AM »
takin down triads n shit...i've had enough of that in gta and getaway, time for sumthin new really....does sound pretty gud tho...release date?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 11:03:58 PM »
Release date is Sept 19,2003

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 12:39:07 PM »
Sounds like a dope game... i'll have to keep some cash spare.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 12:40:12 PM by Gareefa »