Author Topic: RAS KASS JUST GOT CAUGHT AND ARRESTED!  (Read 389 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
RAS KASS JUST GOT CAUGHT AND ARRESTED!
« on: May 27, 2003, 05:06:47 PM »
http://www.raskass-central.com/raskass~forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1182&s=

"Breaking News:

Ras Kass was doing a show in Las Vegas and got caught and is now locked up. All I know is that he was 99% done with the being freed from Priority deal, but now I do not know where that stands. The rest of his material is owned now by his partner Storm. I am in the loop of getting in contact with Storm and also Scipio on this and other issues. I will keep everyone informed when I get more. I won't announce this on the main page until some of the other main sites do just becuase they HAVE to be the first to report it, but I did know when it happened and was contacted by Ras's staff on it, so Ill let them have their "breaking story".

My biggest concern is the music, and I will work my ass off to make sure its put out and done in the right way to benefit Ras. Peace.

P.S. I think XXL's snitching might have had something to do with it, but this is my theory...I do know that the police were mad when they heard about the article when Ras was saying "Catch Me If You Can", but that was not directed at the police...but of course, they thrive on things like that, so you never know what effect the article had."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 05:11:04 PM by Krayzie Mofo Guy »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re:RAS KASS JUST GOT CAUGHT AND ARRESTED!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 05:11:58 PM »
copy and paste that whole link into your browser. this website, in case you guys don't know, is the most reliable ras kass website there is. they actually do have connections.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 05:16:41 PM »
Shit this is messed up, but i guess it had to happen
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 05:22:08 PM »
u shouldnt drive drunk

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 05:23:56 PM »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 05:25:37 PM »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 06:30:27 PM »
EXACTLY.....Don't drink & drive.....He deserved it.....

I just came back from a bbq.....My nigga hella drank and drove and crashed 2 some muthafuckas fence and ran.....His ass just got caught up by tha po's rite now I heard.....Better a dood's house than tha actual dood rite?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2003, 10:14:36 PM »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2003, 10:50:05 PM »
We all knew he would get caught. Nobody here expected Ras to run forever (although he did do a pretty damn good job running. He recorded like 5 tracks while running). The thing that gets me angry, is that he was SO CLOSE to getting free from Priority. The petition, the negotiating with others, and all the damn hard work is going to waste now.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2003, 10:59:52 PM »
Do y'all think Priority will try somethin shady like usin Ras' bad publicity to release his Golden chyld album and sellin it without him gettin shit? OR can they do that

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2003, 11:59:15 PM »
Yeah we've known for a couple days, the contact that told us asked us to keep it quiet... believe it happened was sunday night.

i just got this mail from hiphopsite this morning...

Dear Customer,
As you may have heard, Ras Kass was arrested this past weekend in Las Vegas due to outstanding warrants for his arrest. Coincidentally, also this weekend, Ras Kass' soon-to-be-former label, Priority, bascially told us that we cannot sell "Catch Me If You Can" CD or DVD without legal consequences, as Ras is still under contract with them. However, we've been notified by Ras' management that Ras will be released from his contract shortly, at which point it MAY be possible for us to ship the CD's and DVD's without intervention from Priority.

However, before we can charge and ship your order, we must make sure that all the air is clear with Priority. Depending on the outcome, it may be possible that we will have to cancel all pre-orders for this item, however, it may also be possible that we can charge and ship your order after he is released from his contract (in "20 days" says his management). Regardless, at this point, your order is in TBA status and you will not be charged until this item is legally okay to ship. If you ordered other items from us, they will be shipped separately. But until we hear back from Ras' legal council about what to do in this situation, we cannot ship your Ras Kass CD or DVD. We apologize for this, as we did not foresee this happening. We will update you soon letting you know the status of this extremely delicate situation.

-Pizzo
HipHopSite.Com

I finally found a copy of Soul On Ice last night too... for quite a reasonable price.. guess it'll go up now :/

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 01:44:37 AM »
damn man, i must have missed this whole incident with drinking and driving.

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 01:57:25 AM »
^ LOL.... yeah thats the whole reason he's been on the run in the first place...

btw Ras being caught was the "*not so* good news in near future" Nima was talkin about on monday...
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=34567

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 02:05:26 AM »
Bah....

...silly boy for drinking n driving

pity tho was really looking forward to his new album :(

pZ

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 02:20:52 AM »