Author Topic: Em a dope producer??  (Read 362 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:Em a dope producer??
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 06:04:28 PM »
If he continues to do what he has been, and improves at this constant rate, then all I can say is WATCH OUT :o

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 06:07:57 PM »
em sucks as a producer...his style is just like dr. dre's style...i know that's obvious, cause dre helped him learn how to produce....but still, he has hasn't brought anything spectacular to the table yet...musically anyway....he should stick to what he's good at rapping...not producing...

most of his shit sounds EXACTLY the same...the bassline in Sing For the Moment is the same as Stan...a lot of his shit sounds like he's recycling his own beats or doing B-sides to his own tracks...

az

he sucks cause he does beats similar to dre? is dre a whack producer or why is he gay for dat?

and he actually stays at rapping... he just thinks about his future.  when he's 40 he will have quit rappin, so he will be able to produce GOOD shit... he has a lot time to improve

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LiqwidNitrogen

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2003, 07:03:16 PM »
I agree with what you guys said above. So far he hasn't brought anything new to the table, but I believe that he has proven to hold potential. He shows that he "can" make beats, and if he continues to make them he will surely improve and hopefully change his style around a bit cuz at the moment his shit does sound all similar.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2003, 01:47:40 PM »
Just about every hip hop fan that i come across has a misconception of what a producer is or does. The producer does not write the music, or make the "beat" as you guys put. The producer oversees the the project, whether its the song or the album. The producer guides the artist and helps him or her improve the song, whether it be by adding backround vocals or secondary melodies. I'm not sure how good Dre , Primo, or RZA are at "producing" because i've never been in a studio with them to see what they do to the raw product and how they improve it. As far as musical talent is concerned;

EVERYONE IN THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP SUCKS (except maybe Rick Rubin, and a couple others)

any jackass can take an old melody from an old song add some drums annd call themselves a producer.

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2003, 02:11:33 PM »
Just about every hip hop fan that i come across has a misconception of what a producer is or does. The producer does not write the music, or make the "beat" as you guys put. The producer oversees the the project, whether its the song or the album. The producer guides the artist and helps him or her improve the song, whether it be by adding backround vocals or secondary melodies. I'm not sure how good Dre , Primo, or RZA are at "producing" because i've never been in a studio with them to see what they do to the raw product and how they improve it. As far as musical talent is concerned;

EVERYONE IN THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP SUCKS (except maybe Rick Rubin, and a couple others)

any jackass can take an old melody from an old song add some drums annd call themselves a producer.

Exactly... I work at a recording studio, so I have an everyday experience between what a producer does and doesn't. The hip hop world has their definitions fucked up. People who make beats and do the actual work are called engineers. The producer just makes sure things are organized and that everything is taken care of. Like said above, they oversee the project. And you can't tell how well a producer does their jobs until you see the raw material they have to work with...
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2003, 02:46:23 PM »
I think Dr. Dre is one of the few that actually produces.  Most others just make beats.  You never hear of Dre just selling beats, he's usually in the studio with the artist making the song together while others like Alchemist for example just make the beat and sell it to the artist to do what they want with it.

Atleast that's how I see it.

bez

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2003, 03:43:33 PM »
yer deffo.  Hes dope.

Jome

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2003, 06:13:38 PM »
Eminem is among the 10 to 15 best producers right now..
And he constantly improves, so I cant see him going down on the list.
He may need to get away from the Dre-sound though, it could get played out, even if it's a sweet style.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2003, 07:18:32 PM »
i think he's hella dope...dont agree with him getting away from dre..  em sounds great over that style.