Author Topic: Luther Vandross is officially "AIIT"  (Read 131 times)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Luther Vandross is officially "AIIT"
« on: June 16, 2003, 08:42:05 PM »
Luther Vandross has been moved out of intensive care and upgraded to stable condition, his business manager said Thursday.

Vandross "is more and more responsive each day," Carmen Romano said in a statement. "I feel as though I am watching a modern day miracle."

The 52-year-old legendary R&B singer remains hospitalized at Cornell-Weill Medical Center. He had been in critical condition since his April 16 stroke, at one point contracting pneumonia and needing a tracheotomy to help him breathe.

However, family and friends told The Associated Press last week that Vandross was beginning to mouth words and had started light therapy. He also no longer needs a respirator to breathe.

His move out of intensive care comes two days after the release of his new album, "Dance With My Father." Lois Najarian, a spokeswoman for J Records, said Vandross was excited and happy about the reception to his album, and even listened to a radio tribute to him on Wednesday.

"The DJ played 'Dance with My Father' and said that it was the No. 1 most-requested song," she said. "The people who were with Luther said a big smile came over his face."

Najarian said doctors were still unsure if Vandross suffered any long-term damage from the stroke. When his condition improves, he will be moved to a rehabilitation facility.

Source: http://www.urban.fan2fan.com/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 08:43:03 PM by Bz_MuthaFuckin_Mak »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:Luther Vandross is officially "AIIT"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 08:44:56 PM »
lol@ Officially "AIIT"

well thats good news He's a Legend and his new album is great my fav is the one with Beyonce : Great song anyway Y'all probably dont giva a shit

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 08:57:41 PM »
lol@ Officially "AIIT"

Lol I didnt even read the whole thing.. I read the begining and came to that conclusion

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 09:45:31 PM »
Yeah, I was talking about this last week but nobody cared, Luther's the man.

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 05:47:02 AM »
God bless Luther.