Author Topic: Gangstarr-The_Ownerz-2003-WCR  (Read 506 times)

Jome

Gangstarr-The_Ownerz-2003-WCR
« on: June 18, 2003, 02:59:28 PM »
                    ß²ÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²ÜÜ    Ripper..: Team WCR          Üܲ²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ²ß
                     Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²ßß  Encoder.: Audioactive     ßß²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
                   ÜÜÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²ßß ÜÜ   Genre...: Hip-Hop          ÜÜ ßß²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÜÜ
               ÜܲÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²ßß Ü²Û²ßß² Rel.date: 00/00/2003    Ü²ßß²Û²Ü ßß²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ²ÜÜ
           ÜܲÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²ÛÜ   ßÛÛ²²Ý ß² Rip.Date: 06/18/2003     ßß Þ²²ÛÛß   ÜÛ²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ²ÜÜ
         ßßßß²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²Ü±  ßÛ²²Ü   Size....: 78MB             ܲ²Ûß  ±Ü²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²ßßßß
          ±     ²ß²ÛÛÛßÛÛ²²²²²ÜÜ ßÛ²Ü Source..: Compact Disc   ܲÛß Üܲ²²²²ÛÛßÛÛ۲߲     ±
          ²Ü       ±ÛÛÝ ÛÛÛÛ²²²²²Ü ßÛ²Ü                      Ü²Ûß Ü²²²²²ÛÛÛÛ ÞÛÛ±       ܲ
 ßßßß²Û²ß
                  ܱ±±±ÜÛÛÛ²²²ßßßß ²Ü       [ COMMENTS ]       ܲ ßßßß²²²ÛÛÛܱ±±±Ü
            Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ                                                                ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   Yo Holla Its ya Boy Lebron Rookie of the Year in the Ripping   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   game u know I brought ya the great rips and I will continue   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   To do so.and to all the cats that say i need to step it      ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   up...How is this for a step :) J/K                           ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ                                                                ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛ²                                                                ²ÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛ²²                                                                ²²ÛÛÛÛÝ
     Ü ÜܲÜÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ                                   ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜܲ²²²²²ÛÛÛÛܲÜÜ Ü
 ±±± ß²ÛÛÛÛÛ²ÜÜܲß
          ß²Û²ßßßß  Ü±±± ÜÛÛÛ²²²²²²²²ßß                      ßß²²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÜ ±±±Ü  ßßßß²Û²ß
                  ܱ±±±ÜÛÛÛ²²²ßßßß ²Ü     [ TRACKLISTING ]     ܲ ßßßß²²²ÛÛÛܱ±±±Ü
                ܱ±±±ß²ßß  Ü²ÜÜ  Üßßß²Ü                      Ü²ßßßÜ  ÜÜ²Ü  ß߲߱±±±
              ܲ²±±²    Ü²ßßßßß²Ü  ßÜ²ß                      ß²Üß  Ü²ßßßßß²Ü    ²±±²Ü
            ܲ²²Û²²Ý   ß     ßÜ²ß                                  ß²Üß     ß   Þ²²Û²²²Ü
           Þ²²²ÛÛÛ²  ,----,-------------------------------------------,-------,  ²ÛÛÛ²²²Ý
           Þ²²ÛÛÛÛÝ  | #. | Trackname                                 | time  |  ÞÛÛÛÛ²²Ý
           Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ   |----|-------------------------------------------|-------|   ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
           Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ   |    |                                           |       |   ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 01 | intro                                     |  0:47 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 02 | put up or shut up ft krumbsnatcha         |  3:16 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 03 | werdz from the ghetto child ft smiley     |  1:11 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 04 | sabotage                                  |  2:25 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 05 | rite where u stand ft jadakiss            |  3:39 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 06 | skills                                    |  3:20 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 07 | deadly habits                             |  4:15 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 08 | nice girl wrong place ft jadakiss         |  3:33 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 09 | peace of mine                             |  3:03 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 10 | who got gunz ft fat joe mop               |  3:36 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 11 | capture(militia pt 3) ft Big Suge Freddie |  3:23 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   |    | Foxx                                      |       |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 12 | playtawin                                 |  3:12 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 13 | riot akt                                  |  4:04 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 14 | hiney                                     |  1:32 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 15 | same team no games ft nygz h stax         |  3:45 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 16 | in this life ft snoop dogg uncle reo      |  3:06 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 17 | the ownerz                                |  2:58 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 18 | zonin                                     |  2:55 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 19 | eulogy                                    |  2:55 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ   |    |                                           |       |   ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   '================================================|=======|   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛ²                                         Total time:| 56:55 |   ²ÛÛÛÛÛÝ

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
Re:Gangstarr-The_Ownerz-2003-WCR
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 03:05:51 PM »
01. Intro
02. Put Up Or Shut Up ft. Krumbsnatcha
03. Werdz From The Ghetto Child ft. Smiley
04. Sabotage
05. Right Where You Stand ft. Jadakiss
06. Skillz
07. Deadly Habits
08. Nice Girl Wrong Place
09. Piece Of Mine
10. Who Got Gunz ft. Fat Joe, MOP
11. Capture (Militia 3) ft. Big Shug, Freddie Foxx
12. Playtawin
13. Riot Akt
14. Hiney
15. Same Team No Games ft. NYGz, Stax
16. In This Life ft. Snoop
17. The Ownerz
18. Zonin
19. Eulogy

"Intro" is just talking... Gangstarr talking about bringing it...

"Put Up Or Shut Up" I like the Primo cut/chop job here... Krumbsnatcha shows up to spit a verse at the end for a nice contrast with Guru...

"Werdz From The Ghetto" god lord this track is dirty... i love the beat... WHY IS THIS ONLY AN INTERLUDE

"Sabotage" is another dope primo cut n chop... Guru spits pretty nice... once again, i wish this song was longer... 2:25 isn't enough.

"Rite Where You Stand" more hollow sound than the first few tracks... kind of puts more emphasis on the rhyming. Jadakiss has never been my favorite rhymer, but he can be dope at times.. he's solid on here and sounds good with Guru.

"Skills" is skills... been around and played a bunch... still a dope track and single though.

"Deadly Habits" feels like something from Moment Of Truth... I think it's the sampling... cool track but im not feeling the hook...

"Nice Girl Wrong Place" i don't really feel the singing here... it's not dope like it was with Royalty... the beat is simple, but not bad... Guru is okay... probably my least favorite song on the first half of the album...

"Peace Of Mine"... "what the fuck is this shit y'all are listening to nowadays on the radio man? you call that shit hip-hop? that's some faggot bitch shit y'all are listening to! all you djs are lettin the program directors handcuff you and sit there and tell you how to mix? you fuckin robots, fuck yall!" damn ;o then there's a song... and its dope too.

"Who Got Gunz" damn... nice hard heavy joint here... i can't see how anyone could dislike this... and I generally don't like MOP at all... This is the Fat Joe I wanna hear... great sampling from Primo...

"Capture (Militia 3)" nice sinister loop... also a nice sample from the first joint. Suge and Foxx have good chemistry with Primo and Guru... so this joint is dope.

"Playtawin" didn't think there was a song here for a second... finally comes in around 30 seconds... dope uptempo track with nice sampling from preem and guru sounding good on the mic.

"Riot Akt" is dope... great sampling by Primo here... I would almost prefer the instrumental to the regular track... the hook is kinda eh... but the song overall is fresh

"Hiney" good lord... acapella rhyme interlude... erm... it's a half-successful attempt at humour...

"Same Team No Games" The beat feels like it's missing something on the back end... but maybe that's just me... the rhyming is solid though

"In This Life" nice mellow feel to this joint... even as a Snoop fan I was dreading how this collab would turn out... Snoop has the dope voice/flow/delivery here... lyrics are meh... but that's about what i figured. overall good song

"The Ownerz" another of the uptempo style joints... love the production/sampling here. Guru seems to bring it up a notch on the faster tracks...

"Zonin" another one straight off Moment Of Truth... dope beat and nice flows from Guru

"Eulogy" some people who passed get shoutouts throughout... tempo is fittingly slow... I'm not a huge fan of the beat but it could grow on me... Guru spits about what you'd expect here.. good way to end the LP

overall... I'd have to say it's dope. I don't know if i'll like it as much as MoT, but it's certainly not disappointing to me... I don't know if it can live up to about a year of hype though... a couple of questionable hooks and a lackluster beat keep it from 10 in my eyes.

9/10

Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 03:16:52 PM »
*** All Slots Full, Main queue of size 20 is Full, Try Again Later

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 06:58:43 PM »
 :o :o :o
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 08:03:33 PM »
Hell Muthafuckin Yeah!!!!!

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Jome

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 10:27:08 PM »
Short review:

01. Intro - NS
02. Put Up Or Shut Up ft. Krumbsnatcha - 4.1 / 5
03. Werdz From The Ghetto Child ft. Smiley - NS
04. Sabotage - 4.2 / 5
05. Right Where You Stand ft. Jadakiss - 4.8 / 5
06. Skillz - 4.6 / 5
07. Deadly Habits - 3.7 / 5
08. Nice Girl Wrong Place - 4.0 / 5
09. Piece Of Mine - 4.8 / 5
10. Who Got Gunz ft. Fat Joe, M.O.P. - 5 / 5
11. Capture (Militia 3) ft. Big Shug, Freddie Foxx - 4.8 / 5
12. Playtawin - 4.7 / 5
13. Riot Akt - 4.6 / 5
14. Hiney - NS
15. Same Team No Games ft. NYGz, Stax - 4.5 / 5
16. In This Life ft. Snoop - 4.4 / 5
17. The Ownerz - 4.7 / 5
18. Zonin - 4.0 / 5
19. Eulogy - 3.8 / 5

Overall - 9 / 10

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 10:33:46 PM »
nah I would give a 9,7 out of 10 this shit is hot!!!! and dont forget that it might be their last album

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 10:38:32 PM »
nah I would give a 9,7 out of 10 this shit is hot!!!! and dont forget that it might be their last album

I'm anticipating this album so much, I've heard so much good shit about it....Is it better than Moment of Truth?  ;D

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 02:16:34 AM »
Very nice album. 9/10 imo. Skillz and Peace of Mine are my fave songs thus far.

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 02:48:32 AM »
currently queued up to dl from home :)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
cottt damn this album is heated...

my fav tracks "in this life", "who got gunz", "playtawin" and "skillz"

production is heated, and damn the lyrics.....

"see all i got is alot of bad news for ya/ you gonna need more than alotta tatoos on ya"  :o  guru from militia pt. 3.......this line is crazy
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 10:08:06 AM »
k i've bumped it now... nice album... will give it some more bumps :)

nothing stood out as amazing, but nothing was wack either.
i liked the occasional samples from the old stuff here and there :)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 10:36:55 AM »
*falls asleep*

guru needs to switch up his flow once in awhile and i thought preem was just giving out mediocore beats to other rappers but its evident hes losing it...i was really anticipating this release. more of a disappointment than konexion.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris