Author Topic: ?uestlove Advising Jay-Z  (Read 143 times)

THouse623

• Lil Geezy
?uestlove Advising Jay-Z
« on: June 23, 2003, 06:43:38 PM »
According to both ?uestlove and Jay-Z, The Roots’ drummer and producer has been advising Jay-Z on all matters concerning his final opus, “The Black Album.” The grammy award winner is respected as one of the top musical talents in hip-hop and Jay is looking for his insight in choosing artists and producers to create a final classic.

The emcee and producer have kept in contact in every way possible, from the phone, email to the 2-way. ?uest recently broke the news on the okayplayer.com message board. "I think he should bring it on home, sure--Reasonable Doubt is dope, but I know and he knows....that he has yet to make his ‘Illmatic.’" He has suggested Jay reunite with Primo, Ski and Pain In Da Ass for production, as well as The Beatnuts, DJ Quik and Jay Dee. He says the only guest spots should come from Freeway and Nas!?!?!

"We're on the same page, almost," said Jay-z in his response to ?uest's list. "I'll have Beatnuts, Jay Dee, who I love, fight this one out." Jay has also mentioned that he will seeking beats from the 80’s top producers in Marley Marl and Rick Ruben. Interestingly, Jay has received beat submissions from both Jay Dee and Primo for his last couple albums, only to reject them.
I'm so ahead of my time my parents haven't met yet.
                                                         Big L

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:?uestlove Advising Jay-Z
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 11:03:47 PM »
Jigga over a quik beat....Whoa :o
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 11:04:08 PM by Realizm »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 02:04:02 PM »
Interestingly, Jay has received beat submissions from both Jay Dee and Primo for his last couple albums, only to reject them.

Idiot. Think of some of the wack tracks on Blueprint 2 and replace them with beats by these two, he would have made a much better album with them on board. Plus, I think that 1 beat each from both of these two would have cemented the original Blueprint as a classic.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 02:22:34 PM »
this is old as fuck.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 10:05:30 PM »
Jigga over a quik beat....Whoa :o

Word!
Think Free.