Author Topic: WHY! IV Life Records are goin to RULE the LeftCoast. FUCK ThaRow  (Read 510 times)

StickyGreen

• Lil Geezy
Re:IV Life Records are going to be bigger than Death Row was!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2003, 07:45:01 AM »
Dont think its poss to get bigger than The Chronic but IV Life will be the biggest label in cali if this kind of thing stays up.
#ONEWORLDRAP
EFNET

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2003, 10:17:05 AM »
I am pretty sure that they will never even big close to as big as Death Row used 2 be.

I heard the mixtape, and I'm not all that impressed. They aren't bad or anything, but I just don't see em blowin up. Right now, not only is the West in a rut, but nobody is tryin to hear gangsta rap like they used to, especially outside of the West. I hope they can get big but I just don't think they will honestly.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:WHY! IV Life Records are goin to RULE the LeftCoast. FUCK ThaRow
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2003, 10:32:42 AM »
It seems peeps are talking about IV Life a lot lately, that's good!  :)
They definitely got talent enough to be respected in this game...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2003, 11:08:34 AM »

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2003, 11:45:39 AM »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2003, 12:09:33 PM »
I have the mixtape and I jus ain't seein them as bein that big. They didn't impress me to the point that I would play it for my homeboys in New York and Chicago and be like "This is what the west coast is about"

real talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2003, 12:51:16 PM »
Nope cos Dogghouse are bigger than Death Row now. But I dont like Snoops latest shit, I dont think anyone on his label is that good either. Bad azz was tight though.

How is Dogghouse a bigger label? Maybe to you while you on the internet but not here in cali. People don't even talk about Dogghouse except Snoop Dogg. So they not any bigger then Tha Row while on the other hand everyone knows Tha Row name but not most of they artist. I even hear people banging Tha Row Yalls Hoes and some other stuff for that soundtrack. I can't say I hear anyone bangin much shit from the Dogghouse camp unless it is some Snoop shit or something from Tha Eastsidaz two albums.

real talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2003, 12:55:03 PM »
Yeah, IV Life definitely got a chance to blow up, the MC's they got are very talented and they have that typical WestCoast flavor in their beats, so that's a positive thing  ;)

I try to promote them as much as possible because they need to be known.
As a matter of fact, I think Crooked I should join them instead of being with Tha Row: the fans would be glad (I think so) AND his album would get released too!

Maybe Soopafly and E-White should leave Dogghosue too because I'm sure alot of fans(only internet kids) would be happy.

real talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2003, 12:58:17 PM »
looks like interest is brewing :)
there are some articles on their site where del dog (the ceo) is interviewed and asked some of these things

"I know they are a Crip label Main Street Crips and theyre somethin to do with the Mafia?" i've seen them be called main street mafia crips and 'MFC' (MaFia Crip?) too.. one of them from the label (not an artist tho) posts on this board. he might be able to clear this up more since i'm just goin one what i've seen posted and heard in songs. he aint been about for a few weeks tho.

according to this, its two things. a car club, and a crip set.

vol1 will be available when the merchandise section on the site goes up, i'm waitin to buy it too! (along with a t-shirt :))

i really wish people would leave the tha row thing alone until something official comes along. they happened to be in that same radio station at the same time, now people think they getting married.. lol. let iv life be iv life, dont try to make them the new row... coz they're about positivity, iv life dont want drama.

All them niggas bang MainStreet Mafia Crip and they been around for a bit doing this 4life Label stuff. They made be a cool west label but I doubt they would be bigger then Tha Row has been in they day because Dre and Snoop came out sitting new trends. But it would be nice if anyone brings the west back in the spotlight that is new because I'm personally tired of these same old rappers out here on the west.

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2003, 12:58:28 PM »
only internet kids

real talk. My cousins a huge Hip Hop fan and he's never heard of E-White, hardly heard of Crooked I and Soopafly. Why because4 he doesnt have the internet, so all he reads is magazines.

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2003, 01:10:36 PM »
All them niggas bang MainStreet Mafia Crip and they been around for a bit doing this 4life Label stuff. They made be a cool west label but I doubt they would be bigger then Tha Row has been in they day because Dre and Snoop came out sitting new trends. But it would be nice if anyone brings the west back in the spotlight that is new because I'm personally tired of these same old rappers out here on the west.

yeah.. also look at tha row and dpg forums right now.. both sides trying to affiliate iv life with their own. wish they'd just let em be.

not expecting multi-platinum success all over magazines n shit.. just want em to stand up among everyone else and be another force. they sure dont have mainstream appeal. vol1 seems an aquired taste, just gotta wait see.

real talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2003, 01:27:38 PM »

yeah.. also look at tha row and dpg forums right now.. both sides trying to affiliate iv life with their own. wish they'd just let em be.

not expecting multi-platinum success all over magazines n shit.. just want em to stand up among everyone else and be another force. they sure dont have mainstream appeal. vol1 seems an aquired taste, just gotta wait see.

I agree with you I hope 4Life makes some noise because atleast it will be a new label doing there thing. I hope they get a good deal because maybe more people can hear they talent as well.