Author Topic: WHY! IV Life Records are goin to RULE the LeftCoast. FUCK ThaRow  (Read 513 times)

StickyGreen

• Lil Geezy
That mixtape they have released is what Death row should be doing, why is Crooked I's mixtape full of lacklustre songs, his flows sound old and tired the fuck out, the beats are poor (as are all Tha Row beats) and its really hard to distinguish him as a west coast mc. Ok he can rhyme and come tight lyrically. but theres no superstar quality in him anymore. After hearing Crooks mixtape I can easily say ThaRow will never control the west, if crook is there biggest talent then  ::) ITS POOR. The disfunktional family album was the worst CD I baught in a long time. Crooked I and Kurupt are getting WORSE and all other row artists are just nobodys ....so ..... Tha row is doomed to fail

Doggystyle and IV Life are goin to be the force to fuck with, although Snoop seems to be the only artist over there that is confident enough to release anything and damn they are majors! Snoop needs to get some artists on his level....sign Rass Kass or Bad Azz back!!!!

By hearing the IV Life mixtape I can see why everyone is talkin about them, I havent heard their 1st album so I didnt comment before. But if they get on MCA or Interscope then I see them niggaz doing ig larger than any other label. especially with Dj Slips contacts, I expect Chill MC will be hangin with them soon
#ONEWORLDRAP
EFNET

Don Seer

Re:WHY! IV Life Records are goin to RULE the LeftCoast. FUCK ThaRow
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 02:34:47 PM »
Yeah... we've got problems right now distributing this online.

All the bandwidth I could spare from WCC got used up within 12 hours!

I got it out to over 350 copies via that tho which we think is pretty good!.. but we want more! (25 gig used up over night!!)

Anyone who comes to the channel ask me and i'll hook you up. If you have it already pass it to everyone you can.. help spread word!

and dont forget.. 4life did this -free- for the fans.. its mean to be distributed like this :)

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 03:29:20 PM »
All the west coast labels should unite. Theyres to much heat to close your ears on one!

I agree with IV Life about to set if off big.

Tha Row will be a force again soon.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 05:10:44 PM »
All the west coast labels should unite. Theyres to much heat to close your ears on one!

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 06:18:35 PM »
i also agree that all of the west coast labels should unite. but i mean IV Life Records is just one of many labels that is gonna rule the west soon, especially in the bay, since everyone else has stolen our shit and gotten their chance to shine off of it. we got The Jacka & AKBR Records who is coming out on Universal with video/radio single promotion coming for Jacka's album "The Jack Artist". we got Kali Fam, E-A-Ski, and E-40 who's been fucked for awhile by Jive. but the list goes on the of the bay area/northern cali talent.

i also agree Tha Row, & Crooked I will get their day to shine too. they are still re-building in my opinion.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

DJKross

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
IV Life Records are going to be bigger than Death Row was!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 06:47:07 PM »
www.rapindustry.com/4life2.htm I just watched this 4life interview.....damn its tight!!!! I can now see why all of the sites and forums have been on IV Lifes dick lately. This new mixtape is the hardest westcoast album I have heard for a long time. I did some reasearch on these. I can see them blowin bigger then tharow did. If ya think bout it, when dre come out with the row, he was a house hold name already so row couldnt fail. I-V have made it by doin it them selves...

Young Buc..... Young MC with a mean flow and great at spitting freestyles, hes one of the tightest rappers out and thats for real wit it

Tray Deee..... Eastsidaz veteran! need I say more?

Too Cool....... very tight MC with a raw sound, like LA da darkman style... Hes tight as hell, got skills and is defo gangsta!

J-Dog.... looks and sounds a lot like Mausberg, spits hard ass rhymes, sounds fucken tight to me.

Cristyle.... I like his lyrics theyre well thought up, he flows too. I didnt like multiply remix but he flows tight on the rest.

Jewel...... Thug Passion, Dre Day and she sounds good with 4life! Dj SLip says shes got a solo record comin out with dre produce on...that wud be interestin!

what other artists are on I-V? Red is but I dont know much on him, dj mike t from CMW but i dont know much on him, only that he was on MC eihts albums. Maybe overseer can tell us more? I know they are a Crip label Main Street Crips and theyre somethin to do with the Mafia?  :-\. I know they put "IV Life volume 1 underground album" out, do they still sell it? where can i pick a copy up? anywhere mail order to scotland?  :-\ overseer if u can get a copy let me know . Do u know who is goin to be distro for them when they rls this vol. 2? that will play a big factor, koch wouldnt be my advice look at tha row! who's the CEO? what guest tracks have they been on?

just wanted to speak on this label! thanks to overseer and dubcnn for all infos

im out...lata

KingRichard

• 'G'
Re:IV Life Records are going to be bigger than Death Row was!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 12:51:03 AM »
Maybe Koch, maybe not  :-\ They haven't said who yet.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 01:14:09 AM »
Yeah, IV Life definitely got a chance to blow up, the MC's they got are very talented and they have that typical WestCoast flavor in their beats, so that's a positive thing  ;)

I try to promote them as much as possible because they need to be known.
As a matter of fact, I think Crooked I should join them instead of being with Tha Row: the fans would be glad (I think so) AND his album would get released too!

Funkadelic

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 01:43:54 AM »
IV Life is really coming with heat, but they need to get a real good distributer to become that big.

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 01:45:09 AM »
looks like interest is brewing :)
there are some articles on their site where del dog (the ceo) is interviewed and asked some of these things

"I know they are a Crip label Main Street Crips and theyre somethin to do with the Mafia?" i've seen them be called main street mafia crips and 'MFC' (MaFia Crip?) too.. one of them from the label (not an artist tho) posts on this board. he might be able to clear this up more since i'm just goin one what i've seen posted and heard in songs. he aint been about for a few weeks tho.

according to this, its two things. a car club, and a crip set.

vol1 will be available when the merchandise section on the site goes up, i'm waitin to buy it too! (along with a t-shirt :))

i really wish people would leave the tha row thing alone until something official comes along. they happened to be in that same radio station at the same time, now people think they getting married.. lol. let iv life be iv life, dont try to make them the new row... coz they're about positivity, iv life dont want drama.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 01:53:31 AM »
i really wish people would leave the tha row thing alone until something official comes along. they happened to be in that same radio station at the same time, now people think they getting married.. lol. let iv life be iv life, dont try to make them the new row... coz they're about positivity, iv life dont want drama.

Yeah, that's true...

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 01:55:56 AM »
look at em like jay-z.... he works with Dre and he works with Tha Row... no drama... ya feel me?

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 02:06:19 AM »
Yeah, that would work. I maybe they will branch away from Tha Row/DPG/Doggystyle and hook back up with Chill MC, e-40 folks like that. Eastsidaz will always be in their family.

;D

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 06:10:12 AM »
Imagine Doggystyle being a sub-label of Tha Row? I can't anymore.

StickyGreen

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 07:43:28 AM »
Nope cos Dogghouse are bigger than Death Row now. But I dont like Snoops latest shit, I dont think anyone on his label is that good either. Bad azz was tight though.
#ONEWORLDRAP
EFNET