Author Topic: Michael Jackson @ the BET Awards tonight!  (Read 147 times)

Trauma-san

Michael Jackson @ the BET Awards tonight!
« on: June 24, 2003, 07:48:53 PM »
I edited this, after I watched the replay and caught the whole thing.

2 months ago, James Brown was having an interview, and they asked him about Michael Jackson, he said Michael never mentions him as an influence, that when Mike gets asked who his influences are, he says Jackie Wilson, Fred Astaire, Sammy Davis, etc. etc.  So James Brown was a little mad that Jackson never gave him any credit for influencing him.

Tonight, they gave James Brown a lifetime achievement award.  He performed, and got to the end, where he does his famous collapse on stage... the routine goes somebody runs out with a cape, puts it on him, and helps him to the back, but halfway back, he throws the cape off and dances some more (It's James Brown's signature move).  

Anyways, he does the little fake collapse, and MICHAEL JACKSON runs out wearing all his sparkly shit, with a sparkly cape, and throws it over james brown.. Michael's got this big grin on his face, James looks up at him, and Michael laughs and gives him a big hug, they hit the music, and Michael does Jame's  little dance  breakdown, then James does it, then Michael laughs and half walks off stage, and does it again... Then James motions for him to continue, so Mike broke into the whole damn James Brown routine, danced all over the stage, ran over, gave James another hug, god it was fuckin' AWESOME.

Then, he presented him with the award, said James was his idol, and said that he presents him with the BET lifetime achievement award, and that "nobody deserves it better than this man, James Brown".

MARK OUT MOMENT
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 09:17:59 PM by Scorpion »

West Coast Veteran

Re:Another Reason Michael Jackson is Cool
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 07:58:35 PM »
James Brown is known as Mike's biggest influence especially in dance but I wonder why he never said it. In all his child videos he's busting the James Brown moves.

Trauma-san

Re:Michael Jackson @ the BET Awards tonight!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 09:19:38 PM »
See, the problem is, James Brown's on crack, LOL.  Michael says all the time that James Brown was an influence of his, I guess James just never heard him say it.  I've heard Mike mention him in interviews.  So it was really just a misunderstanding, which I'm sure Mike cleared up tonight when he showed up to present him that award.  Wow, it was amazing.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 09:20:38 PM »

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 09:38:18 PM »

and apparently, Latoya Jackson showed up at the show too, lol.  Damn.  Anyways, this proves, once and for all, that she isn't the same person as Michael.  She actually has breasts.  Rather large ones at that.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 10:14:37 PM »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 10:25:15 PM by Scorpion »