Why does Eminem sell....is it cos of Dre

Dr Dre is the success of Em
2 (18.2%)
Its his colour
4 (36.4%)
Its his talent
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Why does Eminem sell....is it cos of Dre  (Read 183 times)

Lil Suge Knight

Why does Eminem sell....is it cos of Dre
« on: June 28, 2003, 02:23:08 AM »
Im not a fan of Eminem, but I got to admit he has got mad talent, I think Dre has helped Eminem polish his skills and taught him alot, but its his colour that makes him sell, sad I know, but if Eminem wasnt white he wouldnt sell as much as he would.

And dont say Ja Rule and Nelly sell as much, cos there music is well for the ladies, Ems is for the rebelloiuos (sp?) young teen!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 02:26:58 AM by lil_sugeknight »
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Re:Why does Eminem sell....is it cos of Dre
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 02:28:02 AM »
If you ask me, its every one of thoese three mixed up.
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 02:59:36 AM »
yeah it is all 3. first of all, he wouldnt be here if it wasnt for dre in the first place (but neither would a grip of other MCs, so you cant single eminem out like that)

but when em first entered the mainstream, it was probably his color and his controversial lyrics that probably sold his albums. his records went about 2x platinum (which is damn good for a newcomer to the mainstream) but he still wasn't nearly as popular as he is now.

after chronic 2001 dropped, eminem's sales started to boost. so more than likely, the other rapheads were starting to notice em's talent. and that went for ALL rap fans, of different ethnicities.

after marshall mathers dropped, eminem went straight to the top with rap sales. of course, being white gets him more attention. and the more attention he gets, the more the people realize his talent. and then, being on dre's label alone also would get him attention.

so his sucess is divided into all 3 things you just said.

BigCain

• Lil Geezy
  • Dr. Stank & Dirdy Birdy
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 03:31:17 AM »
Did we really need a thread to figure this out?????

Em with or without Dre is dope as fuk.....

Black or white, Em is dope as fuk......

White = crazy sales, if dude was black = somewhere between canibus and Nas sales..... So what, the Rap/Rock guys worship Em... Doesn't mean we can't like him too or it doesn't take away from his talent...
Peace!
"Sittin thinkin how bein poor sucks,
drivin around lookin for a fasho fuck,
only workin wit 4 bucs,
all my babies older than each other by 4 months"
By Dirdy Birdy on the Black Spooks song "Understand My Plight"  Black Spooks are Sly Boogy & Dirty Birdy

"It is sort of fascinating that you can have 100 percent certainty about weapons of mass destruction and zero certainty of about where they are" Head United Nations Inspector Hans Blix

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 03:34:09 AM »
Yup, it's all three.

Dre gave him the chance.

Being with Dre gave him exposure and being white gave him A LOT of exposure.

After the "initial shock" of a white rapper signed by Dr. Dre was over, heads started recognizing the talent. And true, Dre has helped him hone that talent. He makes better rhymes now and his production is better now.

BigCain

• Lil Geezy
  • Dr. Stank & Dirdy Birdy
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2003, 03:38:48 AM »
Yup, it's all three.

Dre gave him the chance.

Being with Dre gave him exposure and being white gave him A LOT of exposure.

After the "initial shock" of a white rapper signed by Dr. Dre was over, heads started recognizing the talent. And true, Dre has helped him hone that talent. He makes better rhymes now and his production is better now.

Homie?
When U say he makes better rhymes now because of Dre???  Dre only did 2 beats and 1 verse on the last one... Dre and Em said it's all Em now..... So flip that point... Dre is just as lucky to get that Demo dropped in his lap....... Em has filled Dre's pockets.. Keep it real...
"Sittin thinkin how bein poor sucks,
drivin around lookin for a fasho fuck,
only workin wit 4 bucs,
all my babies older than each other by 4 months"
By Dirdy Birdy on the Black Spooks song "Understand My Plight"  Black Spooks are Sly Boogy & Dirty Birdy

"It is sort of fascinating that you can have 100 percent certainty about weapons of mass destruction and zero certainty of about where they are" Head United Nations Inspector Hans Blix

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2003, 05:40:50 AM »
eminem knows how to act in front of the camera

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2003, 05:57:14 AM »
he's a bad boy lyricist  ;D  8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2003, 06:11:48 AM »
It's all three: Dre definitely helped him, and the fact that he's white is a good thing too to sell a lot of records. And of course, he's talented, that's something you just can't deny. The way he play with words...damn.

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2003, 08:34:25 AM »
I think that dre got Em into the door and then Em just went
with it, you know he really don't need dre any more, but
no one else can make a beat like dre does