Author Topic: Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?  (Read 939 times)

Lil Suge Knight

Re:Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2003, 01:16:52 PM »
why wasnt anybody talking when warren g made a track with peter andre ??

Where the hell can i get this track!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

PLANT

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2003, 05:49:53 PM »
Yo this topic is so fucked up! LOL @ people calling Snoop a sellout.  What Snoop does is his fucking JOB.  He EARNS his MONEY and makes his living in the MUSIC BUSINESS...Snoop never sold out to his homies, Warren G, Nate , Tray, Goldie, Dre all them muthafuckas is hella tight with Snoop since day 1.  Any business desicion that Snoop makes is strictly to increase his paper how can yall hate like that?  AcGrundy, let me ask you, If and employer came to you and was gona pay you double or triple what your making now, youd still do the same everyday things, roll with the same crew and shit, would you turn him down?  HELL NO!  GO GET THAT PAPER.  Snoop doesnt make albums the way AcGrundy wants them, he makes an album that SNOOP DOGG wants to make, and an album thats gona keep him finacially sound.  Sure he isnt dropping Doggystyles with every release, but he pumps out enough tracks to keep me happy.  

BTW, Wouldnt you get bored of hearing Snoop rap with the same 4 or 5 people on every song after 10+ years in the game?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 05:53:00 PM by Represent. »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2003, 06:56:21 PM »
BTW, Wouldnt you get bored of hearing Snoop rap with the same 4 or 5 people on every song after 10+ years in the game?

I would be perfectly content if snoop only worked with dre, warren g, nate dogg, daz, tray deee for 90% of the rest of his collaborations.

here is what you guys are not getting:  Selling out is not the worst thing in the world!  I don't hate snoop dogg.  I still bump his music and buy his albums, but he has sold out.  A lot of rappers have sold out.  Like I mentioned earlier snoop used to talk shit about rappers goin hollywood, and so did dj quik. Now quik decided to retire rather than sellout or go hollywood.  Dude, snoops album wasn't selling for shit, until beautiful popped up all over the place.  That songs popularity and sucess is due to the neptunes pharrel whatever the fuck his name is, and it is a pretty poppy sounding song.  My roomate, who hates rap, likes that song, and that is the only snoop dogg song he likes.  It is like the only rap song I have ever heard him say he likes.  Like I said, I like the song beautiful, and I like snoop dogg.  There is nothing really wrong with selling out, he just doesn't make as good of music as he potentially could.  Let's see start of his career to 95 95% of his music was  fucking dope.  96-99 I would say about 50% of his music was dope.  2000 to present I would say around 50% is dope, probably less tho.  He does lots of dope songs that are not on his actual album tho.  and lots of his songs get ruined by wack ass beats, or wack ass guests.  And the reason these happen is because snoop makes more money from it than if he would with a westcoast artist.  Did u guys read the warren G interview?  Warren knows what the fuck is up with snoop.  Warren wants to keep that 213 shit clear of all those people u guys know I don't like.  But he says its up to snoop, we gotta tell snoop that.  Another perfect example of snoop being a sellout, and warren g not being one.  Why can't 213 be strictly 213 guys?  Read the interview.  Warren said himself thats all on snoop.  I swear to god trying to get you guys to realize this is like slamming my head into a brick wall.  WCC loves snoop dogg, and he is the god.

Hypothetical:
I'm curious about this one.  Snoop always hollerin in songs about how bad snitchin is, right.  So say some shit went down and snoop snitched to get out.  Which of you guys would be saying that was cool of snoop to do and all that bullshit.  You know, anyother rapper does it and he will get hated on, but snoop does it and its ok.  

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2003, 11:08:45 PM »
Im kind of tired of this but anyway, Be Happy that Snoop is still around after 10 years he's just trying to fit in the music of today,and about the selling out thing ,I dont really think so, Is always making music with Nate, he's all over Daz new cd,EastSidaz are still alive, he's still cool with X,and DoggyStyle Records is dooing okay so I dont see why he's selling out,and try to understand that once u succed u'll never be the same man ,money makes the world go round, I dont know if u like Jay Z but both are on the same same boat ,his first album was fire,perfect, then after success he started doing party tracks ,the same would happen with everybody ,
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 11:11:26 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2003, 12:28:36 AM »
^^^^^ uh no it wouldn't.  WC, C-Bo, Spice 1, Mac Dre, Rappin 4 tay, andre nikatina, mc eiht, tray deee, daz, dj quik are all examples of successful rappers who didn't sell out.  I can name plenty more too.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2003, 02:32:24 AM »
^^^^^ uh no it wouldn't.  WC, C-Bo, Spice 1, Mac Dre, Rappin 4 tay, andre nikatina, mc eiht, tray deee, daz, dj quik are all examples of successful rappers who didn't sell out.  I can name plenty more too.
they dont sell multi platinum like snoop and jay-z

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2003, 07:20:35 AM »

are they successful for the mainstream or just for the WESTCOAST FANs???  

budsmokeronly

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2003, 09:39:02 AM »
they are successful for themselves.  They all are rich, they all put out plenty of albums, either going gold or platinum.  All have put out at least one classic album, and none have sold out.  I'm done with this debate, snoop dogg is a sell out, I have proved it to u guys in so many ways.  You guys have even said it yourselves, u just can't figure it out.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2003, 09:58:00 AM »
lets just say that ur Mad that Snoop is doing things with different people *end Of discussion"