Author Topic: Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?  (Read 933 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2003, 02:35:30 PM »
I give up.  Snoop dogg is some people's hero, and he will always be the best in their eyes and never do anything wrong.  I'm still curious, what is your guys idea of selling out, and which westcoast rappers do u feel have sold out?  If snoop did a collabo album with the backstreet boys, would u then consider him a sell out?

first, give me your definition of "selling out" and ill probably be able to list a minumum of 20 rappers whi fits your description

budsmokeronly

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2003, 02:56:12 PM »
snoop is 100% my definition of selling out.  He fits the definition perfectly.  Dre sold out too, and so did kurupt.  But at least kurupt is still down.  Snoop is still down too, but he sold out in a different way than kurupt.

DJ Quik, see he didn't sell out.  All his albums are hits, he makes them great and for the fans.  He usually always a big part of all of his click's albums.  He is always down with his whole click, and he doesn't fill his albums up with guests and producers that are not his style.

Jason Giambi, he's a fuckin faggot sellout, goin to the yankees.  But Jerry Rice ain't no sellout goin to the raiders, cause he woulda stayed wit the niners for lil money but the niners couldn't keep him.

E-A-Ski is someone who has never sold out.  He has been around for years in the rap game, and he has made lots of hits.  Most people wouldn't know this though, a lot on wcc wouldn't even know this.  Ski hasn't even been able to put out an album, due to record labels hating on him.  But does he all of a sudden switch up from being gangsta to doing a pop/commercial sounding beat and get a hot radio/video friendly artist on his song?  Hell no he doesn't.  Neither does spice 1, c-bo, jayo felony, b-legit, celly cel, rappin 4tay, too Short, WC, Mack 10, Tray Deee, Goldie Loc, Bad Azz, Suga Free, DJ Quik, Mitchy Slick, Warren G, ATL, Squeak Ru, RBX, Mac Dre, etc.  They keep their shit sounding good.  I rarely ever listen to snoops new albums.  All those artists I just named have dropped ust as tight or tighter albums than all of snoops albums except for doggystyle.  Sure they not come close to selling as many records as snoop, but at least they didn't sell out.  Shit Quik would rather retire than sell out.  But it doesn't matter what I say, I have raised so many points on why snoop is a sell out.  You guys act as if snoop is a sellout, that means its the end of the world.  So what, he sold out, lots of people sell out.  I would rather him not have sold out, but hey fuck it, I still bang his music everyday, just not the crappy stuff.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 03:31:45 PM »
^^ So in other words, if you're successful you're a sellout.  The people you listed as 'keepin it real!!!' are all broke.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 03:32:45 PM by Scorpion »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2003, 03:38:11 PM »
how the hell do u know if they are broke?  They still get thousands per verse and shit, they all are making a lot of money.  of course they don't make as much as snoop, but they also didn't sell out.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 03:50:53 PM »
lolol..................yo playa, u know i listen and respect posts but im real and i know exactly what the fuck sellin out is..............but i wanna know what u call sellin out............cuz u say snoop sold out, dre sold out n so on.................but whats ya definition of sellin out playa? why has snoop completely sold out? whats ya def of sellin out cuz kats come on these boards sayin so n so have sold out jus cuz they heard some rapper say the term "sold out" n think they know wat it is and i'll be real, most chat bullshit..............but u seem to really on the idea of snoop sellin out.............but whats your definition of sellin out?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2003, 03:55:01 PM »
man thats what u mean in a way like it or not they r broke compare to Your Sell Out Snoop...no major label, no success, no dough= Broke ass rapper just go to the street of NYC and ask someone if he knows about EA SKI. and I dont know if u realise tthat but Most of the artist that are true to their old fan base are broke and keep doing what they do best because the fans are the only one that will buy their shit and they will be able to eat because of em

budsmokeronly

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2003, 04:26:55 PM »
I already spent way too much time tryin to explain this.  I guess there is no real definition of selling out, because obviously everyone in this thread has a totally different interpretation of it than I do.  Like I said, snoop fits the shoe perfectly.  Me trying to get you guys to understand it would be like you guys trying to get me to agree that snoop and the neptunes is a good combo- its never gonna happen.  You guys have your opinion, I have mine.

and I just please want someone to name a rap artist who they consider a sell out.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 04:28:14 PM by AcGrundy aka budsmokeronly »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2003, 04:28:23 PM »
I already spent way too much time tryin to explain this.  I guess there is no real definition of selling out, because obviously everyone in this thread has a totally different interpretation of it than I do.  Like I said, snoop fits the shoe perfectly.  Me trying to get you guys to understand it would be like you guys trying to get me to agree that snoop and the neptunes is a good combo- its never gonna happen.  You guys have your opinion, I have mine.
i think that snoop and neptunes is a horrible combo

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2003, 04:33:51 PM »
U people are dumb and dont know how much 20 000 is

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2003, 05:30:34 PM »
I see where youre coming from, but you can expect the dude to record albums with the same homies for over 10 years. And its funny when people say he sold out but when Ras Kass records with Fabolous, E-40 with Justin Timberlake, or WC with 112 its just for exposure. Im not sayin its right but I cant hate on the man makin his money.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

budsmokeronly

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2003, 05:55:15 PM »
^^^^^yeah those guys have done like one or two songs like that.  Snoop has done hella.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »
^^^^^yeah those guys have done like one or two songs like that.  Snoop has done hella.

so when you do alot, you're a selll out, when you do a couple, you're not a sellout ??

btw.. whats wrong with snoop working with lil bow wow... snoop is the one who "found" lil bow wow and asked JD to take care of him...

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2003, 06:42:30 PM »
Yeah, Bow Wow shouldn't even be in this discussion.  i'm gonna say it like this, Bow Wow is a respectable artist in my opinion.  

budsmokeronly

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2003, 07:00:20 PM »
you find nothing weird at all about snoop hollerin Rollin Twenty Crip Fo Life!  Crip Hop!  The Grey and The Blue!  and then goin and workin wit 12 year old lil bow wow.  That is some funny ass shit imo.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2003, 07:01:38 PM »
you find nothing weird at all about snoop hollerin Rollin Twenty Crip Fo Life!  Crip Hop!  The Grey and The Blue!  and then goin and workin wit 12 year old lil bow wow.  That is some funny ass shit imo.

I think u need some sleep ,no offense but thats a stupid comment