Author Topic: Vancouver Gets 2010 Winter Olympic Games!!!!!  (Read 323 times)

Suga Foot

Re:Vancouver Gets 2010 Winter (That's the shit one) Olympic Games!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »
why is everyone so excited because of the olympics? So what if vancouver gets to be the venue. Can someone tell me the benefits vancouver will get from the olympics? Olympics were always boring to me cause i never took them so seriously.

Stop fuckin whining.  If you aren't a fan, then don't go.  It deosn't have to be about benefits.  It's just a cool thing to do.

Immortal

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2003, 02:43:46 PM »
why is everyone so excited because of the olympics? So what if vancouver gets to be the venue. Can someone tell me the benefits vancouver will get from the olympics? Olympics were always boring to me cause i never took them so seriously.

Stop fuckin whining.  If you aren't a fan, then don't go.  It deosn't have to be about benefits.  It's just a cool thing to do.

no but what the fuck are the actual benefits of having the wack ass winter olympics that so few give a shit about,
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2003, 02:54:04 PM »
I'm not gonna agrue this with you.  You should be happy that you might even get to experience the olympics.  Most people will never get a chance to do that.  Even if it is the "shit one" (fuck you Jay Ay Bee).

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2003, 04:33:38 PM »
The winter olympics will be a huge boost to Vancouvers Economy, you ought to read up on simple economics if you can't see that landing the olympics is a good thing.  

Suga Foot

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2003, 09:18:27 PM »
Thank you Trauma.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2003, 09:45:52 PM »
The winter olympics will be a huge boost to Vancouvers Economy, you ought to read up on simple economics if you can't see that landing the olympics is a good thing.  

word

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Frank The Rabbit

• Lil Geezy
  • Feel the bass
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2003, 06:05:02 PM »

no but what the fuck are the actual benefits of having the wack ass winter olympics that so few give a shit about,

When a city gets awarded the Olympics, summer or winter, it immediately boosts the entire place. First they are recognized as being a world class city, second they get over 3 million visitors in 2 weeks which will infuse mass money into the economy becuz its all rich bastards that can afford to come, third it forces the city to build venues and work on the city and that shit stays afterwards.

I live in Vancouver and even 7 years from now and the city is goin' nuts.Theres alot of people who are against it in tha 604 but they are the poor ass people who need welfare and food stamps, fuck them. Vancouver is rated in the top 3 every year as most desirable city to live in by the UN, this wouldn't be the case if we didn't have the Expo in '84 which put us on the map. Plus most people don't know this because they think any place in canada is just a fuckin igloo camp but Vancouver is basically a cross of California and Amsterdam, hot most of the year and the best herb u can get and able to smoke wherever tha fuck u want without worryin bout the law.

I don't even give a fuck bout the actual olympics (other than hockey) but its still a good thing for the city.

What's crackalakin' Donnie?

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Re:Vancouver Gets 2010 Winter Olympic Games!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2003, 06:09:09 PM »
The Olympics didn't help Montreal, did they?

Suga Foot

Re:Vancouver Gets 2010 Winter Olympic Games!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2003, 02:04:32 PM »
Expo in '84

It was '86, I was only 3, but I have a T-Shirt. :)