Author Topic: child stars  (Read 390 times)

pappy

child stars
« on: July 03, 2003, 08:03:54 PM »
is it me or most child stars falls off the face of the earth.  there is only a couple i can think of that actually stayed famous,  m.j. being one of them

OutSider

Re:child stars
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 09:23:33 PM »
after awhile.. they just stop being cute and little.. and most probably just get tired and strive to live normal lives.. ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 06:17:22 AM »
If you want to know about any of them, just ask Michael Jackson, lol he knows all of them.  

Elizabeth Taylor: Child Star
Macaulay Culkin: Child Star
Emmanuel Lewis: Child Star

etc. etc. etc.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 06:30:38 AM »
^ and..  drew barrymore

after awhile.. they just stop being cute and little.. and most probably just get tired and strive to live normal lives.. ;)

probably.. but the media can't get off their nuts... striving for a "child star fallen from grace" or "an innocence lost" story... probably why they and MJ find it easy to relate to one another.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 06:37:21 AM »
^^ Wow, somebody level headed enough to admit that.

Exactly, that's also why Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Pressley were married.  Everybody thought "Wow, how weird is that?" but in reality, to them, it was completely normal.  She was a child star too! Everybody knows she's  Elvis' only daughter; the jackson 5 used to bump into Lisa backstage at Elvis shows, and in las vegas, etc. So Mike and Her had known each other for years.  They both grew up having to hide from the cameras, couldn't play anywhere, didn't go to normal school, didn't have child-age friends, etc.  

I dont know if I can think of 1 child star (with the exception MAYBE of Drew) who isn't just a total nutcase.    Lisa Marie's a drunk; Mike's an emotional wreck; Macaualay's a recluse, Elizabeth Taylor can't stay married, etc. etc. etc.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 06:40:04 AM »
cant believe i forgot about the presley thing, so so true.. :)

umm and drew barrymore was a teenage drunk but she's cleaned up now

ohh and donny osmond another child star who lost the plot for a while
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 06:48:22 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 09:09:44 AM »
^^ Yeah, he's mormon.  

What's the guy from the partridge family that was in serious trouble but has cleaned up? He hosts some show with Dean Cain now (superman!), Danny bonnadiuce or something like that?  Him and Michael Jackson went to school together, LOL.  They had some travelling tutor, I guess they were on tour at the same time or something.  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 11:23:18 AM »
Shirley Temple
Gary Coleman (lol)

bez

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2003, 11:39:22 AM »
Tatiana Ali (Fresh prince)

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2003, 11:48:36 AM »
Todd Bridges, that other chick from there, too, she ended up dying a crackhead (the girl that played kimberly).

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2003, 11:49:21 AM »
^^ Yeah, he's mormon.

lol does that matter?

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 01:18:29 PM »
Kids shouldn't be thrown into the spotlight, much like high schoolers shouldn't be allowed to go directly into the NBA.

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2003, 04:01:49 PM »
seems like they don't completely disappear as they all get dragged out when a new child star comes along to warn them of the dangers of child stardom, speaking of which there only seems to be one danger, letting your parents take care of your money cause you know that shits gonna be spent.

but in all honesty i am looking forward to when lil bow wow and lil romeo disappear

Never surrender

Al Pacino JR

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2003, 04:47:36 AM »
there is also the Olsen twins, they are now milionary and quite cute  ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 04:47:59 AM by Al Pacino JR »

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2003, 02:11:01 PM »
^^ Yeah, I dunno, they had a pretty good childhood with good parents and things, I doubt they'll end up all screwed up.  They'll have divorces or something like that, but I don't see either of them dying on the streets.