Author Topic: cheap car insurance in the uk?  (Read 569 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
cheap car insurance in the uk?
« on: July 08, 2003, 12:19:43 PM »
ok i'm 19 i just baught a honda civic 1.5 LSI 3dr hatch i was wondering if anyone knows some good insurance companies best quote so far has come from norwich union at about £750 3rd party fire n theft.....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
Re:cheap car insurance in the uk?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 01:46:05 PM »
try tesco  ;D

they insured me for a 1 litre f reg polo for £400....all other places i tried like churchill and direct line quoted me £600 +

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 02:15:58 PM »
Wouldn't it be different for a 19 year old lad tho?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 02:40:55 PM »
tescos was over a grand

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 03:05:33 PM »
privilege?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 03:37:50 PM »
privilege = £1087  :(

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 04:29:11 PM »
That shit is why I'm waiting till I'm older till I start driving.  Because I will get raped on car insurance now.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 05:52:22 PM »
when u live on a lil village ontop of a hill u need a car. plus i travel to and from bournemouth quite alot cos i'm at uni there. i was payin #550 on my 1.2 renault 5 but im bored of that so #750 ain't that bad would be nice to have it lower tho. i also need somink to compete with my mates modded golf gti and another is in the process of doing up his 306. although i'll prob keep mine standard for the mo except colour code the wing mirrors cos insurance will be a total joke, doesn't help having a speeding conviction too.

oh a question i'm currently with directline n they fucked up n gave me an extra years no claims bonus if i went to other insurance companies would i be able to say i got 3 years? cos i been saying 2 years which is what i actually have, and extra year would probably make a big difference to quotes, but then its also impossible for me to have 3 years as i would of have to of been driving when i was 16

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 02:10:36 AM »
did you mod your renault 5 DR ?  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 02:24:51 AM »
don rizzle... nah u cant carry that 'free bonus' to another company, its also illegal, u have a smack and your insurance is voided, basically the same thing as driving without any.

my 1.4i polo cost me just under 700 fully comp for my 2nd year of driving, wasnt much more for the first year either.

privilege and directline and tesco are virtually the same company (well they have same underwriters). tesco seems to have an edge tho right now. they're all based around different types of customer... like with AA & Norwich Union if you're a homeowner with kids your insurance is gonna be dirt cheap, otherwise they rape your wallet.

right now looking at the mitsi fto which is 2.0 24v mivec  n all that would be 850 quid for me with privilege, and i aint been drivin 2 years yet..  (similar quote for a  '96 model 2.0 celica and a little higher for a '96 model mr2.. all 2 litre cars)

what i'm actually gonna do is.. whenever i switch to my next car i will insure it until feb (due in sept on my polo) (when my 2 years experience comes up) and then reinsure for a year with 2 yrs no claims + experience to get a better deal :)

tesco offered me a "1 years free no claims bonus" type thing if i jumped shipped for insurance too.

ohh yeah try this place if u aint already ---->>> www.elephant.co.uk  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 02:28:38 AM by Overseer »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »
yea but the reason they given me an extra year is their fault not mine i have never said i have 3 years i sent them proof of 1 years ncb when i first went went with them after they asked it saying they put the price up if i didn't send it and when they got it they took an extra year off. am i not aloud to jus say i didn't realise? surely they can't void the insurance for that... anyway i directline changed thier mind today and said they would insure me as previously they said i had to be 21 to get insured on this car, so i'mma stick with them cos i got 5 months till my next renuewal to give another years ncb which'll make it cheaper in the long run.

tescos came out at about 1600 it wasn't competetive at all norwich union is the cheapest by far and i tried ALOT of places.

JTSimon

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 05:43:38 PM »
If your a youngster sign on a policy with your parents ;D

Jome

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 06:44:59 PM »

It's only gonna delay your bonus when you eventually get your own insurance.. might as well jump into it.

JTSimon

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 07:03:59 PM »

It's only gonna delay your bonus when you eventually get your own insurance.. might as well jump into it.
No...by then you will have experience driving on the road.

On the insurance policy you should be listed as a driver. Cheaper that way.

Jome

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 07:37:21 PM »

No...by then you will have experience driving on the road.

On the insurance policy you should be listed as a driver. Cheaper that way.

So you're planning to put the insurance on your parents until you are 40 ??
I don't know what rules yall got over there.. but over here you gotta earn your bonus.. putting the insurance on your parents only means that you will still have to earn your own bonus when you eventually get your own inurance.