Author Topic: most underrated mc ever=  (Read 366 times)

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:most underrated mc ever=
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 10:59:03 PM »
Ras Kass

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 11:00:06 PM »
Tech N9ne

OutSider

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 12:52:02 AM »
Depends on what you define as underrated as Ras Kass is considered to be one of the top 5 MC's of all time by alot of peeps in the rap music industry and knowledgable fans, yet by the majority of rap fans he is a nobody. So i'mma have to disagree and say Ras Kass, because Treach was quite popular back in the day.

hey i havent see you around before... nice.. avatar!

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 01:35:39 AM »
:o :o you're joking right?

He might be reasonably rated as a complex lyricist but he's overrated as an MC.  His voice, flow, delivery are all average and he doesn't really switch up rhymes patterns too much and play around with that like an Eminem or Rakim does.  Plus he's only released 2 albums, one is dope, one is okay, no classics and it looks like he'll never make one.

I can see what you're saying about Ras, but from some of the stuff he's done lately i think he's improved his flow and he does now switch styles to fit different beats now as well. I'm not saying he's now got a great flow or delivery but it has been improving. And his voice ain't as bad as Guru's.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

OutSider

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 01:42:30 AM »
marky mark and the funky bunch

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2003, 10:02:13 AM »
1. B-Real (Cypress Hill)
2. Treach (Naughty By Nature)
3. Phife Dawg (A Tribe Called Quest)
4. Cee-Lo (Goodie Mob)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2003, 10:02:57 AM »
:o :o you're joking right?

He might be reasonably rated as a complex lyricist but he's overrated as an MC.  His voice, flow, delivery are all average and he doesn't really switch up rhymes patterns too much and play around with that like an Eminem or Rakim does.  Plus he's only released 2 albums, one is dope, one is okay, no classics and it looks like he'll never make one.

sorry man i gotta disagree i think Ras is rightly hailed as one of the best. He switches up his flow all the time, and he delivers amazingly. The only 2 rappers i like as much as Ras are Paris & Rakim

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2003, 12:36:54 PM »
ras flow is horrible. its up there with cormega.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2003, 12:39:29 PM »
ras flow is horrible. its up there with cormega.

i agree...sometimes he comes dope...but in general (i wouldnt say horrible) but he really isnt anything special...lyrically though he is tight as hell

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2003, 08:16:12 PM »
i would also have to add in slug from atmosphere though.

Way overated
like Guru

Gza/Genius, Inspectah Deck are rated reasonably

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!