Author Topic: Say what you want but Hiphop right now is boring as Fuc#@#@!!!  (Read 392 times)

ghank

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I'm looking at the billboard chart only 5 hiphop albums on the chart the only one  I've bought is 50 cent. (months ago). Mack 10 and Ice Cube had it right in a recent interview. To many hiphop artist right now "talking about they girlfriends and shit". Even the 50 cent Ja rule beef is nothing like Tupac, vs Mobb Deep, vs Biggie, etc... Dj quik etc../ The music doesn't even interest me. Not since Dre's Chronic.. Something's missing. I know hardcore hiphop. Similiar to metal music remember Tupac, Danzig, Nine Inch nails, Something about that era that gave you goosebumps. This music today is to popish. I admit to liking Justin Timberlake in which some of his music sounded like early Stevie wonder music. There's no Nostalgia. Noone's making a difference. No real beefs that's innovative. Dre's in it for the money, EMINEM'S all about Haley,. We need a movement in hiphop not just selling records, we need some different innovative hiphop music. Somebody needs to throw Dr. DRE, Trent Reznor, NEPTUNES, DJ QUIK, and some other producers in a studio and come up with some fucked up shit. Cause frankly hiphop right now is boring as fucc.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:Say what you want but Hiphop right now is boring as Fuc#@#@!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 09:03:47 PM »
lol nine inch nails hard core!

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 09:27:11 PM »
For sure.
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 09:33:07 PM »
We need that Ice-T era to re-invent itself and kill all this bubblegum noise. >:(

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 09:52:46 PM »
Yup, it's boring, your'e right.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 10:03:14 PM »
yeah you're 100% correct with what you said, but things go around in circles you got to remember that

in the 60's everyone got lost in that hippy pop crap then along came jimi, black sabbath and led zeppelin to save the day

in the 70's everything was all disco and crap than along came ac dc to kick everyone's ass

in the mid 80s to early 90's you had almost exactly what you have today a bunch of girlish metal music(like rap today) and basically a ocean full of crap and only a handful of good artists

it took Metallica , Megadeath, Anthrax, in the mid 80's, guns n roses in the late 80's then finally nirvana , the last blow really(who gets too much credit for erasing the pop in that era) to get rid of all the crap for about 7 years

right now you're starting to see the build up but it's going to have to take something HUGE like above to get rid of all the shit

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

pappy

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 10:05:41 PM »
all of music sucks right now

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 10:55:30 PM »
since the 21st centrury its been all about money, and club hits,radio frendly songs,  and not good albums

Frank The Rabbit

• Lil Geezy
  • Feel the bass
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 10:58:39 PM »
It is kinda pooned right now, theres some producers out there that are releasin bangin beats but they are sellin em to pseudo pop artists then they let Pharrel sing the hook and blam, top 40 poptartness. bleh.

What's crackalakin' Donnie?

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 11:15:46 PM »
IMO everything changed after Pac & BIG's deaths, cuz after them who was runnin the game? No Limit and Bad Boy.... from then on it just went down hill.

Don Jacob.... in the 80's/early 90's it was Michael Jackson who kicked ass along with the artists you mentioned.... don't forget Nirvana.... :D

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 11:16:53 PM »
i agree...hip hop is very boring right now...most music is right now...rock isnt boring right now since there is the new style brought on by the white stripes and the hives etc...but i think that is the worst style ever brought to rock music.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 11:56:30 PM »
Yeah, hip hop in the charts is just pure crap.
But there's a lot of underground cats holding it down, there' still lots of dope hip hop around.
All the hip hop in the charts is all the same anyway girl on the chorous, rap about bithces, same old video clips, etc. This is the formula that makes $, so other hip hop just gets pushed to the side.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2003, 01:46:13 AM »
IMO everything changed after Pac & BIG's deaths, cuz after them who was runnin the game? No Limit and Bad Boy.... from then on it just went down hill.

Don Jacob.... in the 80's/early 90's it was Michael Jackson who kicked ass along with the artists you mentioned.... don't forget Nirvana.... :D

i agree about pac and big's death

but not quite with the michael jackson thing, in a way he IS the ultimate rock star....but at the same time he was fueling the pop machine those other artists were trying to destroy, dont get me wrong i love michael jackson. i didn't forget about him. i just think he was a middle man of it all, cuz after all he DID have Eddie Van Halen up in there on thriller , but at the same time he was friendly to fans of poison and motley crue, know what i'm talking about.....he's like eminem, he IS probably the most talented dude out there and probably the most deserving of his fame right now, but at the same time he does have those n'sync qualities to him.

and i didn't forget about nirvana, they were , like i said, the straw that broke the camels back. and again they would NOT of blown up that big if it weren't for those other bands i pointed out. nirvana is the bomb.com, but they don't deserve the title of "they got rid of the 80's"

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 08:35:24 AM »
stop whining and expand your horizon. theres plenty of good shit out there right now. you just have to look for it. this topic always comes up on this board and it mentions big and pacs death is the reason..get the fuck off their dick and move on damn..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris