Author Topic: Prediction ~ Lakers 2004 NBA Champs  (Read 392 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Re:Prediction ~ Lakers 2004 NBA Champs
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2003, 10:15:24 PM »
basketball = L.A. Lakers
hockey = Colorado Avalanche
baseball = N.Y. Yankees

I'd love to see where these teams would stand if the salary cap rules would be applied more strictly

shit will always be that way tho...

as for the prediction, just a suggestion....dont ever say "for sure" about something that isnt "for sure". Talentwise, the Lakers are the best right now. But, talent alone doesnt win championships. Signing a ton of All Stars, can sometimes backfire on a team. We'll see how next year goes.

When the Lakers sign those players, I'll be willin to bet they win the championship...FOR SURE

thas fine. but go back a few pages in this forum, and check how many laker fans were..."For Sure" that they would beat the Spurs and win the Championship this year. Im not saying they wont win, but..."for sure"? People dont learn...

I was never for sure about that, but this I'm sure about...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2003, 10:15:44 PM »
i dont think the lakers will do it

Smooth

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2003, 02:12:40 AM »
The Blue Jays aren't going to be buyers, they're sellers because of the fact that they are now falling out of the race because the Red Sox and Yakees have been having their way with the Jays. And by the way so far the Red Sox and Yankees pitching have shut down the Jays offence. So the Jays will be sellers, unless they can beat the Yankees and Red Sox, which probably won't happen because The Jays aren't as good as those 2 teams.

Yeah you make some alright points... but the jays SERVED the yankees tonight... plus the jays swept the yankees a month ago 4 staright in New York... I think they got enough fire power to compete for the wild card...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 02:12:58 AM by Smooth »
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2003, 04:18:19 AM »
The Jays swept the Yankees a month a go, but that was when the Yankees went on that strech were the only team worst then team was the Tigers. The Yankees aren't that bad any more.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2003, 06:49:36 PM »
pending on how much malone knows his role, which is a rebounder and someone shaq can throw to during a double team and a third scorer.  we'll be a HEAVY HEAVY favorite, i ain't going to say we'll win it all cuz i was even sure the blazers and rockets would win it all, and the  sonics, jazz , and lakers whopped all their asses so .....we'll see, i'd prefer PJ brown to be on our team cuz payton and fisher are already good scorers for us, malone just seems to be an overload.....but we'll see .

go lakers!

btw booooooooo @ malone wearing #32 , that's magic's number!!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 02:33:35 AM »
pending on how much malone knows his role, which is a rebounder and someone shaq can throw to during a double team and a third scorer.  we'll be a HEAVY HEAVY favorite, i ain't going to say we'll win it all cuz i was even sure the blazers and rockets would win it all, and the  sonics, jazz , and lakers whopped all their asses so .....we'll see, i'd prefer PJ brown to be on our team cuz payton and fisher are already good scorers for us, malone just seems to be an overload.....but we'll see .

go lakers!

btw booooooooo @ malone wearing #32 , that's magic's number!!

^^i actually agree with u, that PJ woulda been a better fit. Plus, a younger player that has more then one year left. Every team can use that "garbage player" that PJ could be. I aint gonna argue, righ now....the Lakers have the most talented starting 5 in tha league. But its all gonna depend on how Phil can get these guys to play together. You got a lot of good players, with strong personalities, who definetely wont be afraid to say what they want...if theyre not happy. So we'll see...

BTW, the Spurs are pissin me tha fuk off....if theyre content with winning the shit this year, then thas bullshit. But they better SIGN SOMEBODY!!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 12:02:47 AM »
^yeah man feels nice to actually agree

but i mean kobe and shaq have established their roles, payton shouldn't be THAT hard, cuz him and shaq are really good friends off court and have great chemistry already (circa 96' olympics) so i'm not worried right there, malone is going to worry me though, you KNOW he's a ballhog , arrogant, and selfish, and use to being THEE star. but he's going to be put on the back burner, so we just got to see what phil can do with him, the other can really work on it on their own i'm sure, and hope, but malone's punk ass is another issue.

yeah and i also agree with you about the spurs too man. they're making the mistake the lakers made last year. everyteam is building up to take you down. you can't just bring back everyone and hope it works.......you'd think they'd learn from us......PLUS y'all got a GRIIIIIIP of fucking cap room. but i dunno maybe your front office is waiting for next year when kobe, and elton brand become free.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 12:07:39 AM »
well wouldn't you know as soon as i posted this, this is what i got in my e-mail

The San Antonio Spurs have found their replacement for retired center David Robinson.

Free-agent center Rasho Nesterovic will sign a six-year contract estimated at $42 million with the Spurs, agent Bill Duffy told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Tuesday.

Nesterovic

Rasho Nesterovic narrowed his wish list down to two teams (Minnesota and San Antonio) and one long shot (New York). The defending champion Spurs, with two-time MVP Tim Duncan, won out.

"Rasho has a great fondess for Gregg Popovich," Duffy told ESPN.com. "This is a great opportunity to join a championship-caliber organization."

The Spurs, struggling to make use of their $15 million-plus in salary-cap space despite winning their second NBA title in franchise history last month, had been pursuing Nesterovic aggressively since missing out on Jason Kidd, Alonzo Mourning and P.J. Brown. The Spurs were also in talks with Indiana's Brad Miller.

Nesterovic already has a seven-year offer on the table worth more than $50 million from the Wolves, who desperately wanted to keep Nesterovic alongside Kevin Garnett on their front line. Minnesota was also hoping to add power forward Juwan Howard, but the Orlando Sentinel reported in Monday's editions that Howard has picked the Magic over the Wolves.