Author Topic: LMFAO DEION SANDERS SAID JESUS TOLD HIM STIFF PLACE ON THE BILL  (Read 210 times)

pappy

LMFAO

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0714/1580339.html

Former Cowboy sued over auto repair bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders is battling an automotive shop over what he says Jesus told him to pay for a repair bill.

The owner of the repair shop says Sanders wanted to pay only $1,500 of the $4,265.57 bill, saying that Jesus had informed him that was all he needed to pay.

"It's the 'Praise Jesus' discount,'' attorney Ed Edson told The Dallas Morning News in Monday's editions.

Edson said he has been trying to collect the bill from Sanders since 2001 on behalf of Phil Compton, the owner of the car repair business.

Through court filings, the player says the accusations are untrue. Sanders' attorney, Edmund Gomez, did not return a telephone call early Monday from The Associated Press.

The lawsuit was scheduled to go to trial later Monday before state District Judge Joe Cox in Dallas County civil court.

Anthony Montoya, a representative for Sanders, had contacted Compton and told him a 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible needed to be towed to his shop for repairs. The car had been repaired before by Compton.

Papers filed in his lawsuit stated that he and his mechanics installed a new radiator and thermostat, flushed the engine, repaired the car's electrical system and gauges, replaced the starter motor, removed contaminated fuel and rebuilt the carburetor. Mechanics for Magrathea Inc., Compton's company, had replaced gaskets and hoses.

Sanders had approved and Montoya had approved all the repairs, according to the lawsuit. But when the car was returned to the CBS sportscaster's home in Plano on Nov. 5, 2001, Compton said Pilar Sanders, the former Cowboy's wife, "answered the door, took the keys and invoices, started the car to make sure it was working and went back into the locked house, refusing to return the keys or invoices.''

Sanders' bodyguards and housekeepers then moved their cars in front of and behind the Lincoln so that it couldn't be towed back to the garage, the lawsuit stated.

When Sanders drove up, he refused to pay the invoice amount, handing Compton a $1,500 check and saying, "Praise Jesus ... I follow what in my heart I'm told to pay.''

LMFAO imma rob a bank now an say jesus told me 2 do it lol

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Re:LMFAO DEION SANDERS SAID JESUS TOLD HIM STIFF PLACE ON THE BILL
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 12:13:56 PM »
If this works for Deion, then that means that anyone could use the Jesus told me told defence.

pappy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 12:21:42 PM »
If this works for Deion, then that means that anyone could use the Jesus told me told defence.
yea but deion is a celeb.  celebs can do what they want like kill people.  OJ got away with it

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 12:25:39 PM »
You can't compare anything to O.J., because he had Johnny as his lawyer. The former Panthers WR got 18 years for murder, and Robert Blake might get life for murder. So not all celebs get off with murder.

pappy

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 12:28:07 PM »
tru but rae carruth was jus a good receiver he had no where near the celeb status deion has but either way this is hilarious,  jesus told me 2 do it lol

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 01:37:10 PM »
Jebus told me to sleep with her - Kobe Bryant

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 02:04:29 PM »

That's just stupid because there's no evidence that Kobe committed a crime, and no charges have been filed.

Think before you make a stupid comment like that, trying to be funny.

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 03:05:28 PM »

That's just stupid because there's no evidence that Kobe committed a crime, and no charges have been filed.

Think before you make a stupid comment like that, trying to be funny.

I didn't know Kobe's lawyers was in the house? I was kiddding but I'm pretty sure Kobe tried to get some.

Late that evening, the 6-foot-6 Bryant called the hotel desk, reportedly asking for room service, and the teen went to his room.

What happened next is in dispute.

The girl claims Kobe held her against her will and sexually assaulted her. Bryant's high-powered legal team says he's completely innocent.

What's clear is there was some kind of commotion in the room, a ruckus loud enough that another hotel guest complained to management.

Lodge staffers went to investigate, and Bryant's accuser emerged from the room shaken up, a worker told the Denver Post.

Bryant didn't seem rattled by the episode, workers said.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 08:24:04 PM by Kain670 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 03:46:30 PM »
LOL "Praise god!" if someone walks up to you and says that, and there's money involved... look out.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2003, 06:32:30 PM »
pending on how long it took to do all that to the car.....both the shop and "jesus" are wrong about the price

2500-3200 sounds right

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2003, 07:25:30 PM »
Jesus is never wrong