Author Topic: 'The Game' is doing what Hittman didnt'  (Read 660 times)

Don Seer

'The Game' is doing what Hittman didnt'
« on: July 15, 2003, 06:17:50 AM »
ok so hittman released 1 impossible to get hold of official underground cd 'the murder weapon' with him freestyling over other peoples beats.. now the game has too but on top of that...

1) 2 underground projects with JT
2) putting in work on mixtapes + remixes

.. and still hasnt been on an official Aftermath release and his buzz is waaaaay bigger than hitt's ever was..

hittman did 1 track on another album... his soundbombing track (for vol3) erm.. bombed? coz it never made the cut

hittman was lazy? i could never figure why he was never on mixtapes + never on soundtracks n that...
pretty much everything he's put put was on runs along the lines of "i fuck bitches" and "i was responsible for 2001"  .. that last 'new' track that leaked kinda sucked it up 'suck the ballz' ... damn.. what depth... haha

dre's album was in 1999.. its 2003 now.. where he at? living off 2001 royalties no doubt...

should be a rule in this game that ppl gotta keep themselves visible..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 06:19:20 AM by Overseer »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:'The Game' is doing what Hittman didnt'
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 06:31:44 AM »
.. and still hasnt been on an official Aftermath release and his buzz is waaaaay bigger than hitt's ever was..

hmmm I wouldnt say The Game has the bigger Buzz. maybe on the underground tip but Hitt had a buzz on a comercial level with all the guest spots on Chronic 2001 and the end of the Forgot About Dre video...people were hyped for his shit cause the "Last Days" track was so bangin...The Game didnt have no real chance (yet), except for the mixtapes he's been on. He's kinda like a 50 Cent when How To Rob came out, people check for him but theres much more potential around if he uses it the right way. but I think it takes more than those 2 mixtapes, its about time he drops some shit with Dres name on it and get big. But you cant blame Hitt for not appearing on mixtapes back then, the mixtape scene on the west was shit in 99/00, the only ones on mixtapes were rappers from The East, I do get your point though
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 06:32:54 AM by - LiL JiZZle - »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 07:49:49 AM »
I wish Hittman was still around.  That guy was dope, and just think if 50 cent blew up with Dre, imagine what Hittman coulda done...

YoungGunner

• Lil Geezy
  • Just Tryin' To Survive
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 10:28:03 AM »
Is that Hittman album really that hard to find... cuz I got that shit... and it wasn't to hard for me to get... peace..
Andre from Outkast: Elevators

To the end of the week, I live by the beat, like you live check to check
If you don't move yo' foot, then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck
Yes we done come a long way like them Slim ass cigarettes from Virginia
This ain't gon stop so we just gonna continue

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 11:24:11 AM »
jay i hate you for that avatar i keep starin at it for a long time before i realize i am... damnnnnn

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 12:51:18 PM »
jay i hate you for that avatar i keep starin at it for a long time before i realize i am... damnnnnn

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 01:41:58 PM »

Hahaha... I do the same - but on purpose. She's hella fine. ;) ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 01:42:45 PM »
back to topic...

so why isnt hittman doing the mixtape shit now to promote himself?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 01:55:02 PM »
back to topic...

so why isnt hittman doing the mixtape shit now to promote himself?

why isnt he doing anything? if he wants the exposure i wouldve expected him to hook up with a clique by now.

i think dre shoulda told jimmy to fuck off when jimmy tell dre to fire somebody. dre knows what the fuck hes doing.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 02:38:55 PM »
i dont blame dre at all, as much as i got love fo hitt, it seems he was jus thinkin, his with dre, shtis all dope, u can let go and take shit easy, his leaked album was wack apart from a few tracks, i can see why it never got released if thats what they wanted to release, apart from a few sick tracks, shit wasnt nuttin specail................games got alot mo to him, but hitts different, he could have blown if he kept his head right

peace

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 03:29:48 PM »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl!

No bag needed!

But seriously,

I was thinking that perhpas writing for people pays the bills so he's focusing on that untill the time comes when he can release his album and get stuff sorted out...

If the Game keeps it up he's gonna have a NICE following on the west and east coast.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 03:31:14 PM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 04:28:11 PM »
It's sorta hard for me to compare em...
I don't think Hittman was lazy, he prolly jus never really had that big of a chance other than 2001. I think the Game is a better rapper and all but he sounds like a NY Mixtape clone.
The Game would have more appeal because he sounds NY, but then he will get backlash by L.A. people who already say he sounds too east coast and they are tired of all that "i'll fill ya head with more holes than krispy kreme" and shit u kno
But The Game does already have much more buzz that Hitt had, but its mainly on the internet

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 05:21:35 PM »
hittman was getting promoted and shit too. they put him at the end of the forgot about dre video. it was fucking jimmy iovine who ruined everything

Bigg AG

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 05:39:22 PM »

lol i thought i was tha only one... im out!!!

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 05:46:50 PM »
Hittman was not that great to begin with. His lyrics were impressive but his voice is boring. By the end of 2001 the last thing i wanted to here was a hittman solo album. He lacks the charisma and flow you got from Snoop on The Chronic. I would much rather here a 6'2" solo album produced completely by Dre.