Author Topic: A big problem with rap  (Read 419 times)

pappy

A big problem with rap
« on: July 18, 2003, 12:33:52 AM »
THE FANS

rap fans are very cold when it comes to new rap fans. Instead of tryin to help the genre grow we bash the young kids an new fans for not knowing as much as u do.  i see it so many times.  Like when haterats said all rap fans as of 2000 should be killed.  Okay with that mind set how the fuck is the genre supposed to grow if we dont let people into it.  it dont make sense.  also another thing i dont understand is if u dont know as much as the next person.  If you wanna be a tru hip hop head u gotta listen to all underground rap regardless of how wack one of the guys may be.  u also have to kno there b-day,  social security number,  an there mothers madien name.  Than when it comes to sales,  this is hilarious.  Like when they say we need to support real hip hop like the roots an gang starr so people kno what hip hop is really about.  an than u ask,  well did u buy the album?????? nah i downloaded it an burned it.

Don Breezio

Re:A big problem with rap
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 12:40:32 AM »
i agree entirely...a lot of ppl get shit from others for not knowing much about rap...is it so wrong that a lot of ppl dont know who Brotha Lynch is...most of us have been into hip hop for a long time and we know more about it than most other ppl...i would definetely call myself a true hip hop fan but i dont know ppls b-days and mothers maiden names and shit lol...that seems a bit obsessive...shit i dont even know tq's birthday and he's my favorite singer! i think in order to let the genre grow we need to stop hating on the ppl who are new to it and keep hating on the artists who come out now and come with bullshit (i wont mention any names)...but we have so many great artists wasting their talent...every artist out there is capable of making something dope...they just dont apply that...

Jome

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 01:03:15 AM »
I agree, but it goes the other way too..

E.g, Some youngins boldly state that Fabolous is better than Ice Cube, that Noreaga & CamRon is garbage, that KRS-One is a old ass geek who got clowned by Nelly.. that Mobb Deep is a wack ass retirement crew.. that Diplomats is a supertalented crew etc.

^^ That pisses me more off than a hiphop-vet who clowns somebody for claiming that Ja Rule is a lyrical genius.

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 01:09:03 AM »

E.g, Some youngins boldly state that Fabolous is better than Ice Cube, that Noreaga & CamRon is garbage, that KRS-One is a old ass geek who got clowned by Nelly.. that Mobb Deep is a wack ass retirement crew.. that Diplomats is a supertalented crew etc.

^^ That pisses me more off than a hiphop-vet who clowns somebody for claiming that Ja Rule is a lyrical genius.

lmao...very true...but its also the ppl who claim that Ja Rule is ruining hip hop by singing that are helping keep the genre at a minimum...ja just tried to bring a style to hip hop that was a little more poppy...sure it not hi-quality music...but its helping the genre grow. ppl that say KRS got clowned by nelly should be slapped...actually everybody who says any of the things that you mentioned should be slapped (sorry realizm)...

SIKWITIT

• Lil Geezy
  • 50's hot and the rest is not
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 01:49:36 AM »
I WASN'T BIG RAP FAN TILL ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND I JUST WANT TO SAY IS THAT ALL THE STUFF I'VE LEARN WAS FROM FRIENDS AND PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM AND I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE.     -ONE LOVE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 01:50:35 AM by SIKWITIT »

pappy

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 12:54:16 PM »
upping for all the people on this board i was talking about 2 read

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 01:12:55 PM »

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 02:35:18 PM »
yea i hate it when some people say that the underground rap is the only true hip hop....when some of that shit is really corny

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 03:07:08 PM »
yea i hate it when some people say that the underground rap is the only true hip hop....when some of that shit is really corny

lmao...i was watching BET at like 4 in the morning yesterday...they were playing the more underground hip hop that nobody knows that doesnt have a huge deal or anything...shit i could see why...this guys vid came on...his name was contraband...this guy was probably the wackest rapper i had ever heard. couldnt rap worth shit. he had another guy in the video rapping that was really good...but really needed some work on his flow...it was hilarious though...this big buck toothed mf who cant rap trying to be hard...lol

pappy

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 03:41:21 PM »
why wont smartass reply to part about hating on new rap fans which he does.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 03:49:12 PM »
I agree.... And i admit my frist rap CD was Marshall Maters LP.. but im into older stuff... mainly coz of people on here.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 04:37:37 PM »
how the fuck do i hate on new rap fans?
i put gareefa onto alot of shit. i told krimson good albums to pick up and songs to check out from them. i suggest albums to newer rap fans but they don't give a damn so i stopped doing it. what more do you want? i'm not one of the motherfuckers who goes around posting that i listen to "real hiphop" or that i'm a "hiphop head" so stop trying to act like you know someone over the internet cause you don't.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

pappy

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2003, 04:45:48 PM »
i put gareefa onto alot of shit. i told krimson good albums to pick up and songs to check out from them. i suggest albums to newer rap fans but they don't give a damn so i stopped doing it. what more do you want? i'm not one of the motherfuckers who goes around posting that i listen to "real hiphop" or that i'm a "hiphop head" so stop trying to act like you know someone over the internet cause you don't.
a yo i see u all the time on this board dissin peeps cuz they dont got this album.  an they dont wack off to this underground rapper like u do.  u say peeps call themselves  hip hop heads cuz they didnt buy an album from mc no1 has ever heard of me but u copped there album

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2003, 04:59:27 PM »
a yo i see u all the time on this board dissin peeps cuz they dont got this album.  an they dont wack off to this underground rapper like u do.  u say peeps call themselves  hip hop heads cuz they didnt buy an album from mc no1 has ever heard of me but u copped there album
i have never dissed someone because they didn't pick up an album. i listen to everything so i don't know whats up with this "wacking off to underground rappers" and you being on my dick all of a sudden. i couldn't decipher what the hell you said in the last sentence.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2003, 06:42:25 PM »
I just wanted to throw in that the worst fans in hip-hop are the Canibus groupies.  I swear they think that everything that he's drops is classic (except C True Hollywood Stories but they make excuses like it was wack on purpose).

Check out the forums at Canibus Central dot com.  These guys are a fucking joke.