Author Topic: Pippen Back with the Bulls  (Read 396 times)

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Pippen Back with the Bulls
« on: July 19, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »
here's the article:

Pippen returns to Bulls

CHICAGO (AP) - Scottie Pippen returned to the Chicago Bulls, re-signing with the team he helped lead to six NBA championships.

The team will have an official announcement Sunday, Bulls spokesman Tim Hallam said Saturday night.

Terms of the deal were not released, but a source in the NBA, speaking on condition of anonymity, said it was a $10 million US, two-year deal.

Pippen was a seven-time all-star in his 11 seasons with the Bulls, before leaving for the Houston Rockets before the 1999 season. Pippen has spent the last four seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers.

"We are aware that Chicago had a lot of interest in Scottie," Trail Blazers general manager John Nash said. "I talked to him on Thursday and told him we weren't prepared to move forward at this point. We thank him for his contributions. He is a true professional."

Three weeks ago, Bulls general manager John Paxson, a former teammate of Pippen, raised the possibility that he would like Pippen to return to the Chicago to finish his NBA career where it began.

The Bulls coveted the 37-year-old Pippen, an unrestricted free agent, as both a defensive-minded small forward, and mentor to young players such as Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry.

"More than anything, I want to make him feel welcome," Paxson said when he discussed the possibility of re-signing Pippen. "To me, he would be the perfect veteran leader."

He averaged 10.8 points and a team-high 4.4 assists last season with the Trail Blazers. But Pippen missed three games in the playoffs because of pain and swelling in his left knee, operated on in March.

Pippen didn't leave Chicago on the best of terms. When Coach Phil Jackson left and Michael Jordan retired before the 1999 season, Pippen was shipped off in a sign-and-trade deal to Houston by former general manager Jerry Krause.

-------

He should be able to help out the young team out. scottie is also supposed to get a front office job with the Bull after he retires.

pappy

Re:Pippen Back with the Bulls
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 08:57:39 PM »
YES YES OH HAPPY DAY SCOTTIE IS GOIN FINISH HIS CAREER WHERE IT BELONGS.  BULLS MAKING THERE RETURN TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

BigBaller24

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 09:32:35 PM »
Kool I liked him when on the Buls anyways

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 09:43:17 PM »
good shit, they need a leader, too many rookies

pappy

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 09:49:46 PM »
good shit, they need a leader, too many rookies
only one rookie on the team.  kirk hinrich.  there a young team.  this is eddy curry's an tyson chandlers 3rd season.

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 11:00:36 PM »
Kool I liked him when on the Buls anyways

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 12:04:20 AM »
That is some REALLY good news for the bulls... that's exactly what a young team like that needs, and Jalen Rose isn't the greatest leader... so Pippen's gonna fit in well...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 12:05:39 AM by Smooth »
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Immortal

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 01:31:09 AM »
awesome news, its great to see him back
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 01:48:29 AM »
i'd laugh if Rodman returns to the Bulls too. Minus well bring back MJ and the rest of the 1998 team. but anywayz, i think he wants to go to an contending team. Rodman said he's in talks with the NJ Nets and Sac Kings..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 02:20:53 AM »
that's awesome news, he belongs in chicago

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sub-Z

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 02:29:43 PM »
tom if you think pippen is gonna bring the bulls back to the playoffs youre dreamin lmao

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 04:11:02 PM »
To bad the Bulls need a point gurad now.

They're not even going to be 500 this year.

pappy

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 05:35:26 PM »
To bad the Bulls need a point gurad now.

They're not even going to be 500 this year.
jamal crawford.... he once he got playing time last year,  he played very well.  he will average 15 points a season.  hes good a dishin the ball

pappy

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »
tom if you think pippen is gonna bring the bulls back to the playoffs youre dreamin lmao
actually even without pippen i still thought there was a strong possibility the bulls would make the playoffs.  Tyson Chandler an Eddy Curry just keep on gettin better.  Shaq even said there are only 3 tru centers in the NBA he respects and one of them were Eddy Curry.  Eddy Curry an Tyson Chandler both improved drastically in the 2nd half.  I think Curry was averaging around 20 points a game for the 2nd half.  Jamal Crawford proved he could play once j-will flopped an he was as well droppin in 15-20 points every game.  Where goin have marus fizer an donyell marshall coming off the bench.  2 guys will be contenders for the 6th man award.  Our biggest problem was defense.  The young kids are slowly improving an with pippen he will teach them.  an pippen is still a great defender as well an he wasnt droppin in many points in portlant b/c he was on a team where every1 wanted the ball.  he wont be the pip of old but he will still drop in 12-15 points a game.  Plus his great leadership is something the bulls desperatly need.  everything is off jalen rose's shoulders.  One problem tho facing the bulls is,  is jalen rose still goin be a ball hog.  also remember the bulls play in the east.  the east it weak.  the bulls will be the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs.  an may even possibly pull off a first round up set

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 05:51:34 PM »
The Bulls won't be .500 this year