Author Topic: The ROC not feelin Kayne?  (Read 191 times)

The Watcher

The ROC not feelin Kayne?
« on: July 20, 2003, 04:15:08 AM »
well.. http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/lesson/74313.html take it for what its worth
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:The ROC not feelin Kayne?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 04:53:59 AM »
thats fucked up...

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 11:23:25 AM »
Fuck that Kanye dont need the roc!
Think Free.

pappy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 11:51:37 AM »
what happened  im to lazy to download the clip what was said.  is the roc dropping kayne west

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 12:41:21 PM »
wtf? his production is straight heat. just keep him off the mic. 8)
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 02:29:01 PM »
Damn, that is pretty fucked up. I don't really feel that the ROC take advantage of his skill enough anyway. It seems to be that Just Blaze gets given top billing on all of their releases production wise, and Kanye is left to provide a couple of beats here and there. Most of his best work has actually been when he has worked with artists from outside the Rocafella label, such as his tracks with Talib Kweli.

Jome

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 04:17:13 PM »
Damn, that is pretty fucked up. I don't really feel that the ROC take advantage of his skill enough anyway. It seems to be that Just Blaze gets given top billing on all of their releases production wise, and Kanye is left to provide a couple of beats here and there. Most of his best work has actually been when he has worked with artists from outside the Rocafella label, such as his tracks with Talib Kweli.

Yeah, Kanye is more talented than Blaze.. he should be getting more credit.
Sure, Blaze makes club-hits, but you can only listen to Blaze for so long.. before you get tired.
There might be some reason behind this.. the DJ didn't have his cut with him.. there might be 20 people on stage so they forgot Kanye, could be several logical reasons..