Author Topic: Reports: Jam Master J was Armed...  (Read 227 times)

PLANT

Reports: Jam Master J was Armed...
« on: August 01, 2003, 09:46:04 AM »
Source: Jam Master Jay was armed
Friday, August 1, 2003 Posted: 9:29 AM EDT (1329 GMT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story Tools          

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A defense attorney for a lifelong friend of a rap music star killed last year has told police that the rapper known as Jam Master Jay was carrying a gun and feared for his life the night of his murder.

RELATED
• Run-DMC DJ slain in recording studio  

Defense attorney Dana Grossblatt confirmed the position of her client, Ronald Washington, that was first reported Thursday in the New York Daily News.

The newspaper obtained the information during a jailhouse interview with Washington, who is detained on armed robbery charges.

Washington contends that Jam Master Jay, whose real name was Jason Mizell -- the disc jockey for the legendary rap group Run-DMC -- was carrying a .45-caliber handgun the night he was shot at a recording studio in Queens, according to Grossblatt.

The attorney did not disclose why Mizell feared for his life that night, but she said Washington has shared the reason with police.

She also said that Washington has described to police and named the two men Washington claims he saw heading inside the studio minutes before he says he heard the gunshots that killed Mizell -- one bullet to the head -- and wounded another man.

Washington did not witness the murder that night, Grossblatt said.

Police have said that Washington is among a number of crime scene witnesses in the case.

"We're following every lead," said New York Police Inspector Michael Coan, who also declined to disclose the reason for Mizell's alleged fears before his murder.

"It's still under investigation. It's a complicated case. Most homicides are."

Neither police nor prosecutors have named any suspects in the case.

"The investigation is continuing," said Patrick Clark, a spokesman for the Queens County District Attorney.

Nor have police or prosecutors stated a motive for the killing.

"We will find a motive, I am certain. It's more important to find an individual, then you go to why," Coan said
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 11:19:43 AM by Represent. »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Reports: Jame Master J was Armed...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 09:53:58 AM »
wow, that's kinda crazy.... i still can't believe JMJ is gone  :'(

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 10:38:21 AM »
yeah i cant believe he's gone either...but i wanna know why he was fearing for his life...thats some crazy shit...either way...i've said it before ill say it again...RIP Jam Master Jay

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 04:16:38 PM »
yeah i cant believe he's gone either...but i wanna know why he was fearing for his life...thats some crazy shit...either way...i've said it before ill say it again...RIP Jam Master Jay
word

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 04:30:03 PM »
Can't believe in a couple of months it'll be a year.  Time is flying.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 04:32:02 PM »

yea dude...it doesnt even seem like its been more than a couple months...damn

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 05:05:06 PM »
JMJ died around the same time when that DC Sniper was poppin heads. That shit was crazy...It was a fucked up month.  :(

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 02:38:27 AM »
JMJ died around the same time when that DC Sniper was poppin heads. That shit was crazy...It was a fucked up month.  :(

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 03:55:41 AM »
the fact that he carried a gun doesn't necessarily mean he feared for his life

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2003, 03:59:56 AM »

yeah.....
R.I.P

kick ass album

pappy

Re:Reports: Jam Master J was Armed...
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2003, 01:41:27 PM »
im just assuming but JMJ got killed over money.  JMJ hadnt filed his new york state taxes since 95.  i think he was dicking some1 around with money :-\  either way rip JMJ

Duckman

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2003, 01:43:26 PM »
what a pussy he had a gun and still got killed  ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2003, 07:03:37 PM »

you are a fucking idiot. someone should shoot you in the knees so you can slowly bleed to death

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2003, 07:28:47 PM »
asshole. ::)