Author Topic: Makaveli Clothing Line!  (Read 270 times)

Don Breezio

Makaveli Clothing Line!
« on: July 28, 2003, 11:00:15 PM »
I'm definetely gonna be checkin this shit when it comes out.

Tupac Clothing Line On The Way
07.24.2003 1:20 PM EDT  

Tupac
Photo: Interscope  

We've heard more music from Tupac Shakur since his death than when he was alive, so it shouldn't come as a shock that seven years after his murder, we're about to see a Pac clothing line.

Shakur's mother, Afeni, has worked with designers to create a line of men's clothes called "Makaveli" (Tupac's alter ego) that is expected to hit specialty stores this Christmas, according to Makaveli director of marketing Rick Edwards.

"The best comparison for the way these clothes are styled and the concept of the brand is something like Enyce or Akademiks," Edwards said, referring to popular urban clothing labels. "[The Makaveli clothes are] influenced by Tupac's style and they represent an evolution of street wear, active wear and high-end fashion."

The signature Tupac gear is expected to feature Shakur's name, poetry, likeness and year of his birth (1971) on the clothes, according to estate lawyer Dina LaPolt.

"The impetus for debuting the line was to coincide with the Tupac documentary that Afeni has been working on for five years," LaPolt said. The feature-length documentary "Resurrection" is due in November (see " 'Tupac: Resurrection' To Be Previewed At Sundance"). "She wanted to make sure everything happened together. This is about properly carrying on her son's legacy."

Edwards said the line will include denim, T-shirts and active wear.

—Gil Kaufman

For more on Tupac, check out the MTV News Archive

What do you think of this story? You Tell Us

E-Mail this story to a friend

Back to Headlines

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:Makaveli Clothing Line!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 08:52:34 AM »
Yeah, I heard about that...I'll DEFINITELY buy Makaveli Clothing.

Kaidy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 09:02:19 AM »
Ugh, how much more money can they make off of Pac's name, its disgusting to put his name on something he obviously can't endorse himself. I dont see how overly-priced clothing furthers his legacy at all.

>:(

Efrain

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 09:15:39 AM »
Ugh, how much more money can they make off of Pac's name, its disgusting to put his name on something he obviously can't endorse himself. I dont see how overly-priced clothing furthers his legacy at all.

For real man, Afeni is a malignant Cunt..all she does is use Pac’s name to make money. I'm actually happy this happened cause now all those idiots can see this shit for what it is. First 2pac action figures and now a makaveli clothing line haha gimme a fuckin break.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 06:18:06 PM »

word

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 03:31:55 AM »

preach
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 07:00:20 AM »
This is about properly carrying on her son's legacy

::)more like properly raping her son's legacy, i feel bad for her because she lost her son & all but enough is enough

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

CareBear

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 07:31:50 PM »
Truly pathetic...

I find it funny how they chose to make "MAKAVELI" shirts, not "TUPAC" shirts, especially considering 2pac is supposed to "resurrect" and come back Makaveli style in a few weeks...

ACBLA

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 06:58:50 AM »
"The impetus for debuting the line was to coincide with the Tupac documentary that Afeni has been working on for five years".

5 Years! Impressive! Gotta be insane!