Author Topic: Ludacris nabs 50 Cent for 'Ridiculous' track  (Read 276 times)

Jome

Ludacris nabs 50 Cent for 'Ridiculous' track
« on: August 04, 2003, 03:07:24 PM »
Ludacris Nabs 50 Cent For 'Ridiculous' Track, Hallucinates Iced-Out Midget

"Rap, to me, is all about emotion. So you talk about the good times, the bad times, you're gonna hear it all, man, things you wouldn't expect." — Ludacris

LOS ANGELES — Ludacris is putting more money into his next album — money, as in 50 Cent and Chingy.

"The 50 Cent track is ridiculous," Ludacris said Wednesday of the latest addition to Chicken & Beer, a track called "Blow It Out Your Ass." "What more can you expect from Luda and 50 on a song. I don't need to say anything about that song, man. You just gotta wait to hear it."

As for the collaboration with his protégé Chingy, the track is called "We Got Guns" and also features Disturbing Tha Peace members I-20 and Tity Boi. "It's real street, it's a good song," Chingy said.

Although Ludacris promised at the BET Awards that Chicken & Beer would drop on September 30 (see "Ludacris Reveals Release Date Of Chicken & Beer, Picks Party Single"), it has now been pushed back a week to October 7.

The first single, "Stand Up," is just being leaked to radio stations. "This is gonna be the DJ record of the year," Ludacris said on the set of Chingy's "Holidae In" video (see "Chingy, Luda Battle Daisy Duke-Clad Ladies; Snoop Sips Drink At 'Holidae In' "). "It's straight for the DJs, it's straight for the club, for the party."

Luda shot the video Saturday and Sunday in Los Angeles with Dave Meyers, the director behind Missy Elliott's "Work It" video, which garnered multiple MTV Video Music Award nominations (see "Missy, Justin, Johnny Cash, 50 And Eminem Top VMA Nominees List"). In the imaginative piece, Ludacris finds himself in the middle of a hot, sweaty and surreal nightclub. As he enters, hallucinations abound: an iced-out midget dangles from Luda's neck, he sees his face on a million-dollar bill and he's able to turn a model-skinny hottie into a thick, sexy Southern girl by giving her a kiss. Later, Luda transforms into a baby hitting on a sexy nanny.

"All I can say is just expect the unexpected," the rapper said. "It's gonna be wild, of course the same wild Ludacris, but we taking it an extra step. Always reinventing myself."

Along with 50 and DTP, Chicken & Beer will feature appearances by Snoop Dogg, Scarface and 8Ball and MJG.

"Versatility, every kind of flow, every subject matter," Ludacris explained of the project. "It's one of those albums you can hear all the way through, and that's what's important to me, not that people skip around on it, but that they can listen from [track] one all the way to the end and that they love it."

Lyrically, the album will tell Luda's story, from his days rapping in his high school halls to recent times, running his own label and starring in blockbuster movies.

"Rap, to me, is all about emotion," he said. "So you talk about the good times, the bad times, you're gonna hear it all, man, things you wouldn't expect. I talk about hard times, 'cause people really wouldn't expect me to talk about hard times or say that I don't have any hard times, but I definitely do."

UnstoppableForce

Re:Ludacris nabs 50 Cent for 'Ridiculous' track
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 03:19:29 PM »
Sounds dope. Can't wait.

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 03:26:41 PM »
i dont understand why all these good artists want to work with 50 now...luda with 50 to me sounds like an awful collabo...jayz and 50 is fine...atleast they sound decent together...i dont know about this thing with luda though...

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 03:49:39 PM »
i dont understand why all these good artists want to work with 50 now

If you don't know that then you know nothing about the industry

Jome

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 05:21:23 PM »
i dont understand why all these good artists want to work with 50 now

If you don't know that then you know nothing about the industry

8)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 06:25:03 PM »
i think cuz 50 makes some catchy hooks, he's not ALL THAT as a rapper but he makes good hooks, he's been doing that since guess who's back IMO. so luda grabbin him is not only a good comercial move but a artistic move.....lol just as long as 50 don't have 25 bars or somethin

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 06:55:06 PM »
WOW 50 & LUDACRIS SOUNDS DOPE CAN'T WAIT

(what's with my sarcasm lately? i can't help it)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 07:32:21 PM »
Cant wait for the album....Sounds like it's shaping up to be real dope.

Jome

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 07:52:55 PM »

You hate on 50, but don't say you're hating on Ludacris too ??

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2003, 08:02:23 PM »

You hate on 50, but don't say you're hating on Ludacris too ??

he's average, got some dope tracks but he's also got lots of wack ones. i don't call it hating, i call it being real

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Duckman

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2003, 08:59:16 PM »
2 bad that bitch snoop is on chicken and beer  

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2003, 09:17:20 PM »
50 and Luda dont go together. dumb idea for a collab.

kick ass album

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2003, 11:06:06 PM »
yes i understand that they are working together for more sales...but luda has too much talent to be wasting it with 50...i like 50 cent but there are 2 things that make me think this will suck:

1) Luda & 50 sounds like a shitty collabo

2) Luda always has clever lines and shit...50s lines are usually wack...luda has way more talent than 50 does...

i do agree with Dr. Lincoln though...luda has some very wack tracks...they are usually in the beats though...his rhymes are usually dope.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 06:16:55 AM »
Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder if this collabo will sound good, hopefully it will...