Author Topic: Whats Wrong With The Neptunes???  (Read 375 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Whats Wrong With The Neptunes???
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2003, 06:52:06 PM »
ok why only westcoast acts should be on a 213 album.....213 is the area code for s. california: los angeles...are the neptunes from around there? doubt it, but is snoop, nate, warren from there? yep...do you think that had something to do with the way they came up with the name? yep....

i suppose you guys wouldn't see anything wrong with the neptunes on a ******WESTSIDE CONNECTION****** album either

Exactly.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2003, 07:00:53 PM »
ok from readin this thread y'all are saying that your hate towards the neptunes comes from them working with the Westcoast???????

i agree they shouldnt do a thing on the 213 album BUT there beats are dope, not westcoast but not eastcoast or down south or midwest, they got their own sound and its dope to me. and they havent just worked with "mainstream artist", they have worked with others artist such as Common and Scarface who are FAR from mainstream

i guess with them its either u like them or u hate them

Family45

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2003, 07:39:58 PM »
I do check for Neptunes on the R&B tip.  They are usually on point.(for the most part)  besides Grindin, a couple of beats for Nore and maybe a couple of other rap acts in the mid 90's, I just personally don't feel them.  Much too mainstream for me.  Those mainstream beats get old real quick.
Menace Clan- Da Hood...Slept on classic

Jome

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2003, 09:30:22 PM »
To put it simple:

They give their dope beats to The Clipse, Busta Rhymes, Noreaga, Kelis, Mystikal, Phillys most wanted & J.T.
Their beats for Snoop Dogg has been wack as fuck.

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2003, 09:57:19 PM »
Dam thats a impressive list of beats...I give props to the Neptunes....I mean, they sure aint Dr Dre, but at least they're droppin more than one beat every six months or so....

TRu Word

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2003, 12:19:31 AM »
Me personally want the Neptunes on there they make dope beats and they make sure you sound decent.  I think chuuch palace was wack but beautiful pushed that album to platinum.  peeps dogg out ptctbtb cause of the tunes but they only did 2 beats what about the rest of those wack ass westcoast producers.  Fuck that a hot beat is a hot beat.  Everybody keeps bring up Dre but Dre cant do the whole album, he only does 3 or 4 beats for his own artist.  So who else from the Westcoast is gonna bring tight beats, Jellyroll? that clown needs to join outkast wit that bullshit he puts together, Quik? sorry but his last hit was with Lucy Pearl.  Warren G? His story has been the same on every album "the record company diddnt push my record :'("  Yeah cuz nobody at the office was feelin it.  Ya'll lucky I aint tellin snoop what to do! I'll have Havoc, 9th Wonder, Kanye West, Just Blaze,Neptunes, Dj Premier and oh yeah 2 or 3 Dre.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2003, 02:31:12 AM »
To me the Neptunes is cool, they make good music. They're really good in what they do and I like what they do - except the stuff they did with Snoop. When I heard they would hook up for Paid The Cost I thought it could be dope, being that they've done dope beats for Busta, Jigga, The Liks etc, but when I heard what they came up with Snoop I wasn't impressed. Somebody like Busta would've sounded much better on the From Tha Chuuch To Tha Palace beat. I ain't hating on the Neptunes per se, just the fact that they're producing on the 213 record. 'Cause based on what I heard on Paid The Cost Snoop and Neptunes don't mix. Nate will most likely (we'll see though) sound dope on any beat, but Warren is something for me that's hard to imagine over a non-West Coast beat.