Author Topic: Circus star dies in London  (Read 144 times)

mrtonguetwista

Circus star dies in London
« on: August 09, 2003, 07:29:11 PM »
LONDON (AP) - A circus artist who performed aerial stunts on ropes and silks suspended from the ceiling has died after falling from rigging at the start of her act, officials said Saturday.

Eva Garcia, 38, fell Friday night in the Hippodrome Circus in Great Yarmouth, eastern England, and died of her injuries at a hospital.

Christine Jay, who runs the circus with her husband Peter, said Garcia appeared to lose her grip on a safety wire and plunged to the ground. ``It all happened so quickly, we are still trying to piece together what happened,'' she said.

Jay said Garcia was a multitalented artist who had ``performed in the ring since she was seven.''

``All the artists are very upset about it,'' she said. ``It's a very close knit company.''

Environment health officials removed a piece of equipment called a descender, which is used to carry performers down from the rigging, for further examination

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Circus star dies in London
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 08:24:05 PM »
RIP

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 04:13:35 AM »
shit happens

bez

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 06:30:32 AM »
am thats horrible!

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 07:53:38 AM »
She should have had a real job.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 11:21:24 AM »
Thats sad man, R.I.P. Eva Garcia
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010