Author Topic: WSCG or 213  (Read 498 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:WSCG or 213
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2003, 03:02:15 PM »
West Side Connection album will turn out to be wack  because people are expecting too much from it..dont forget that last album was based on the East/West beef , so what are they gonna talk about now?? I got love for WSC but I go with 213 because of Nate And Snoop
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 03:02:53 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2003, 03:04:52 PM »
I just hope they both come thru. The west needs a boost right now. I've got high hopes for both.

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2003, 03:23:59 PM »
I just hope they both come thru. The west needs a boost right now. I've got high hopes for both.

he does have a point, look at us talking down on these two westcoast releases, i guess that's why they don't sell.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2003, 03:26:24 PM »
West Side Connection album will turn out to be wack  because people are expecting too much from it..dont forget that last album was based on the East/West beef , so what are they gonna talk about now?? I got love for WSC but I go with 213 because of Nate And Snoop

I was thinkin the same thing. Seein the name is "Terrorist threats" I hope they get on some NWA era shit like dissin the government and makin the FBI write letters to em.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2003, 03:26:33 PM »
Apart from WC, Westside Connection are finished IMO. Cube is a MASSIVE sellout with no time for rap anymore and Mack 10? fucking hell! a dude fresh from Cash Money...

What do you have to do to have an LP classed as a West Coast album???

Mack 10 left cash money a LONG time ago.

Hydro

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 04:29:03 PM »
Y'all shouldn't really even be choosing between the 2 albums. Both are major releases for the WestCoast & you should support both releases. ;)

Don't hate on the albums until you hear them. How do you know if WSC is gonna be wack or the 213 is gonna be wack? Just be patient, wait for the albums to be released THEN judge them.

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

platinumk777

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2003, 05:16:03 PM »
Man, yall too quick to label everything as "westcoast". Please, give me a definition of a westocast CD... strictly producers from the west? a lot more reppin of the westocast on the CD? Is that really enough to satisfy you? So if the CD is composed entirely of weak tracks prod. by Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Damizza, and WSCG is reppin the west in every song, would you still be satisfied?

Let's take a different approach, and break down WSCG individually... we got Cube, who no longer considers the music biz to be a priority IMO (compared to his movie career), we got Mack 10, who's signed to Cash Money, a SOUTHERN label, and WC, who's probably the only one keepin it strictly westcoast. But yet, their CD is supposed to be a prefect representation of a westcoast CD.

On the other hand, we have 213. Nate Dogg, who is virtually a blessing to each song that he provides his voice to. Warren G, who provides us strictly with that G-Funk and never disappoints, Snoop, who is the epitome of a laidback westocast act. Now, imagine all 3 together in a CD, along with some of the hottest producers in the game, who will do their best to provide beats to accomodate the 213, and not bring a southern, or eastcoast flavor to the CD. Putting aside that bullshit westocast labelling, could you honestly tell me that this CD is gonna be wack? If you say yes, then consider yourself ignorant, from my part.

I'm not trying to bash the WSCG CD, I know it won't disappoint, but if yall gonna go as far as bashing the 213 because of your ridiculous westcoast labelling, I thought I'd break down the WSCG, and see just how "Westcoast" they are, individually.

Just enjoy the music, and stop being so uptight
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 11:31:30 PM by PlatinuMK »

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2003, 05:43:22 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jome

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2003, 07:05:48 PM »
Westside Connection...ImO
I would also rather hear the Golden State Project over a very late 213 cd.
(A very Eastcoast/South influenced 213 cd jus don't do it..)

Agreed.. I even anticipate Eastsidaz more than 213 now.. even if 213 first single produced by Dr.Dre admittedly sounds like classic stuff.

smerlus

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2003, 08:55:50 PM »
dude you're funny, if my memory serves me right...snoop went to a southern label too....hmmmm that's right he did now didn't he? and mack 10 is on bungalo records...so you can quit with that cash money thing...

and the neptunes will NEVER make a westcoast beat...i hope you guys realize this and stop dreaming...they'll make some poppy beat...

snoops raps will consist of izzle rhymes, what a pimp he is, how he reps crip and you'll hear a little bit of gangsta rap.

Nate will do like every single hook which isn't bad, just hope they use him right...

warren G has never had the best flow or been very lyrical so there goes that

you're going to have all mixed production which we all know sounds like crap the majority of the times...if you look at classic westcoast releases, most of them only had 1-3 producers...

i expect 213 to be some poppy radio crap, but honestly i hope they prove me wrong...i don't have high expectations  for WSC after that lights out song wither so, we'll see how it goes.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2003, 09:11:32 PM »
we got Mack 10, who's signed to Cash Money, a SOUTHERN label,

yo i already said mack 10 left cash money long time ago.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2003, 09:36:24 PM »
probably the 2 biggest albums dropping this year, which album do you think is gonna be better?  

I think wscg is gonna release another classic that I can listen to begining to end.  

I think 213 is gonna have some major bangers on it, but I also expect some very wack tracks, because every snoop album since doggfather has had at least 3 very wack tracks that I can't stand.

If it were strictly 213 with no guests I may say 213 will be the better album, but we all know that won't happen so I say wscg is gonna blow 213 out of the water.

i agree with every word

prace

platinumk777

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2003, 11:16:09 PM »
dude you're funny, if my memory serves me right...snoop went to a southern label too....hmmmm that's right he did now didn't he? and mack 10 is on bungalo records...so you can quit with that cash money thing...

Dude, you're funny too... was I arguing that 213 would be much more westcoast than WSCG? I'm just pointing out that WSCG has their non-westcoast traits as well, since yall felt the need to break down 213 and "expose" them, stating that they would have no westcoast feel to them, which I disagree. In fact, it's the whole labelling of "westcoast" which frustrates me. Yall don't know the definition, but yall seem to throw it around and label it quite easily. If ya ask me, both will be some hot albums, but 213 just outshines WSCG IMO. The point I'm trying to get across is quite simple, and I'll repeat it for you, cuz it seems you didn't quite absorb it...

Just enjoy the music, and stop being so uptight. Oh yeah, and save the sarcasm, kid

kingpin_4eva

• 'G'
  • LADIES #1 LOVER
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2003, 11:40:08 PM »
Both albums are going to be dope, so i can't really choose, but i could tell y'all stop putting negativey in these projects. If y'all are true westcoast fans there is no need to say the releases are going to be crap. Personally I think they are gonna definetly make some noise for the westcoast. If the westcoast consistently make dope albums the public or media can't deny good music and they are going to have to play their songs. Lets all be the judge when they both come out. Peace!
Nah, maybe it's the bitches and the sunshine
Fool, it's the palm trees, cool breeze and one-time
This the home of ragtops and swimsuits
We wear Chuck Taylors, nigga, we don't fuck with Timb boots!

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2003, 12:21:25 PM »
i don't get this whole 213 ain't gonna be west coast thing at all.........let me get this right there are 2 non westcoast producers on this let me break it down............

NON WESTCOAST-

1 neptune song

1 timbaland song

WEST COAST-

dre- producing the 1st single, maybee more

warren g- producing probably close to half the album

tha chill- producing a few cuts (run up on u is heat)

battlecat- will have at least one song

jelly roll- some don't like him but check his beats on top dogg/ personal business and others and you'll see westcoast beats

fred wreck- bomb ass producer obviously

this is what we know so far and to me i'm looking at an incredable line up og WESTCOAST PRODUCERS, and 2 songs by the biggest name producers in the game so i ain't trippin and neither should you
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly