Author Topic: good Big L songs  (Read 319 times)

WeSTSidE_Don

good Big L songs
« on: August 17, 2003, 07:07:46 PM »
Can you list some good Big L songs i havent heard much of him..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:good Big L songs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 07:34:13 PM »
he hasnt that much songs, unfortunately.

check every freestyle you cant get espacially the '98 freestlye on big picture and the 7 minute freestyle wit jay-z.

tight LP tracks: flamboyant, deadly combination, Put it on, holdin it down, graveyard, 8 iz enuff, games

best remix ever: Work Part II (a remix of Work by gangstarr and Work is never done by L)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 07:53:35 PM »
every song except Holdin It Down (i hate this track) and The Heist Revisited (possibly the worst beat i have ever heard makes it unlistenable)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 09:48:56 PM »
Here's a few tracks of his i think are tight:

Ebonics
Platinum Plus (ft. Big Daddy Kane)
Holdin' It Down (ft. Stan Spit, A.G and Miss Jones)
Fall Back (ft. Kool G Rap)

But I've mainly only heard tracks of his taken from 'The Big Picture', I'm sure if you checked out his earlier album 'Life Styles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous' there would be other nice tracks on it.

Also check out Harlems Finest - A Freestyle History vol.1 & 2. Got some tight freestyles on it. i.e 139 (ft. Tony Touch), Stretch Debut, etc
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 10:05:43 PM »
I'm sure if you checked out his earlier album 'Life Styles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous' there would be other nice tracks on it.

yeah every track on that CD is dope

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 11:23:27 PM »
MVP (Summer Remix)

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 12:27:10 AM »
I'm sure if you checked out his earlier album 'Life Styles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous' there would be other nice tracks on it.

yeah every track on that CD is dope

hehe... ordered it off amazon.com the other day since i cant find it anywhere in aus....

basically any Big L track is lyrically dope.... but my favourite is the enemy with fat joe.

kick ass album

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 01:39:37 AM »
Deadly Combination is  :o :o :o

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 11:23:09 AM »
NY Freestyle - It features Cam'ron, McGruff & whoever else was in that crew, Spitting a five minute freestyle over a sick Primo beat, Big L is the only one who comes tight though.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 01:56:46 PM »
He got many tight songs. You'll definitely have to check "Livestylez...", that album is the bomb :o But I think "The Big Picture" is lyrically the better choice.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 08:40:11 PM »
NY Freestyle - It features Cam'ron, McGruff & whoever else was in that crew, Spitting a five minute freestyle over a sick Primo beat, Big L is the only one who comes tight though.

if you're talking about the NY Freestyle i have then you're trippin like a muthafucka. CL Smooth is on the one i have called NY Freestyle & he drops an amazing verse

Paris