Author Topic: Ruthless Records sound (93-96) Help me out...  (Read 281 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Ruthless Records sound (93-96) Help me out...
« on: August 14, 2003, 03:52:19 PM »
I'm really getting into the Ruthless record sound from the 93-96 era.  

You know, the albums like CREEPIN ON AH COME UP, FUNK UPON A RHYME, UNLCE SAMS CURSE, IT'S ON Dr.DRE, MENAJAHTWA CHA-LICIOUS, etc.

It looks like Rhythm D, Cold 187um and DJ U-Neek was producing most of it at the time. It seems like they were really on some gangsta shit at the time.

Do you guys know of any other albums like this that had the same type of production.  I know about most of the deathrow/dpg shit at the time.  Sadly, i was on tha Row's dick at the time and missed out on alot of Ruthless records stuff, now i'm trying to find it all again and it's impossible.  I can't find Kokane, ATL (uncle sams curse) Menajahtwa, BG Knoccout & Dresta, or Steffon's CDs at any store or 2nd hand store.

Can anyone tell me about some Eazy-E related or Rhythm D related CDs from around that time that has the same type of sound??  

Also, if anyone has the MENAJAHTWA CD, or FUNK UPON A RHYME, or UNCLE SAMS CURSE, or TRIPPIN WIT NO LUGGAGE by STEFFON, email me at mr_2pacshakur@hotmail.com

I just want a CD-R copy of these, i don't need the original.  I mean, i'd like the originals, but i'm sure no one wants to part with them.    Help me out guys if you can..

Or are there any other Ruthless artists with that same type of sound??  I heard of a guy named PISTOL, is he any good??  His CD was released on ruthless in 95 i think, what's that like??  Did DIRTY RED ever release a CD??

Thanks

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Re:Ruthless Records sound (93-96) Help me out...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 04:25:10 PM »
well if u like Rhythm D then u will like these

Steffon - Trippin Wit No Luggage
Paperboy - The 9 Yards
Paperboy - City to City
Me and My Cousin - International

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i own all of these and they have some of rhythm d best production

u should also check out MC Ren's cd's
MC Ren - The Villain in Black
MC Ren - Shock of the Hour

Cold187um produces almost he whole "Villain in Black" cd
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 04:27:22 PM by TheOnlyOne »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 05:47:41 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions....i've been looking everywhere for that STEFFON cd with no luck.

I'm dying to hear that FROSTBIT song that's on there.  I've only heard the snippet from the EAZY E DVD video megamix and it sounds real smooth.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 09:43:01 PM »
damn really, thats what motivated me to get Steffon's cd, the beat was so smooth, i was like WHOA!!!!!!

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 04:01:34 AM »
Yes I know what you mean, many have over looked Ruthless Records & rided with Death Row. There are many Albums which are in such a style from the Ruthless Genre.. Most of them are mentioned above but make sure you get BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas, for info check www.realbrothas.cjb.net
40oz Graphire

Funkadelic

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 02:21:22 PM »
well if u like Rhythm D then u will like these

Steffon - Trippin Wit No Luggage
Paperboy - The 9 Yards
Paperboy - City to City
Me and My Cousin - International

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i own all of these and they have some of rhythm d best production

u should also check out MC Ren's cd's
MC Ren - The Villain in Black
MC Ren - Shock of the Hour

Cold187um produces almost he whole "Villain in Black" cd

I've never heard that "City To City" album by Paperboy  :(

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 04:40:06 PM »
that paperboy cd came out in 1996, it was slept on apparently cause i didnt even know about it either

allmusic.com is where i found out, i was WTF!!!??? cause i like his first album so much ;D

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 07:39:27 PM »
ya the Frostbit beat is real tite i still cant find that dam song...... i liked when Nate Dogg sang Aint No Fun over the beat at the Source Awards (i got it in mp3 sumwhere) but i like that old Ruthless Sound i love all those albums listed

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 09:36:05 AM »
I'm really getting into the Ruthless record sound from the 93-96 era.  

You know, the albums like CREEPIN ON AH COME UP, FUNK UPON A RHYME, UNLCE SAMS CURSE, IT'S ON Dr.DRE, MENAJAHTWA CHA-LICIOUS, etc.

It looks like Rhythm D, Cold 187um and DJ U-Neek was producing most of it at the time. It seems like they were really on some gangsta shit at the time.

Do you guys know of any other albums like this that had the same type of production.  I know about most of the deathrow/dpg shit at the time.  Sadly, i was on tha Row's dick at the time and missed out on alot of Ruthless records stuff, now i'm trying to find it all again and it's impossible.  I can't find Kokane, ATL (uncle sams curse) Menajahtwa, BG Knoccout & Dresta, or Steffon's CDs at any store or 2nd hand store.

Can anyone tell me about some Eazy-E related or Rhythm D related CDs from around that time that has the same type of sound??  

Also, if anyone has the MENAJAHTWA CD, or FUNK UPON A RHYME, or UNCLE SAMS CURSE, or TRIPPIN WIT NO LUGGAGE by STEFFON, email me at mr_2pacshakur@hotmail.com

I just want a CD-R copy of these, i don't need the original.  I mean, i'd like the originals, but i'm sure no one wants to part with them.    Help me out guys if you can..

Or are there any other Ruthless artists with that same type of sound??  I heard of a guy named PISTOL, is he any good??  His CD was released on ruthless in 95 i think, what's that like??  Did DIRTY RED ever release a CD??

Thanks

Hey man, did you check your email?  I have a couple of those CD's you wanted....

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 04:00:51 AM »
i got both paperboy albs  8)

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---