Author Topic: Bushwick Bill drops new album  (Read 88 times)

mrtonguetwista

Bushwick Bill drops new album
« on: August 23, 2003, 07:37:28 PM »
In addition to having a new daughter, Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys has launched his own record label and recently dropped a compilation album.

The Different Styles Organization is a compilation album that Bushwick says features a variety of material.

"This album has every style of rap, from your thug sh*t, to your love sh*t, to your political sh*t, to your gangsta sh*t, to your bling bling sh*t, to your playa sh*t, and Christian rap," Bill told AfricasGateway.

Bill's noticeable absence from the hip-hop arena was prompted by record label politics. Both companies he signed with ended up going bankrupt, prompting him to launch his own label, West Town Records.

"After the goons beat me from Rap-a-lot in 1998 when I refused to sign with them, I was looking for a label. I found one in '99 with Ichiban. I then put out the album No Surrender No Retreat. While on tour, the company went bankrupt. In '01, I signed with a label called Nu Wave Entertainment, and again while on tour, that company went bankrupt. So those two things may be a factor of why you haven't heard from me in a while."

Bill said that a Geto Boys reunion album was possible. Scarface, Willie D. and Bushwick Bill recently came off of a 64 city tour promoting the Geto Boys Greatest Hits album.

"It's not up to us. If the powers that be can get it together, and they get my f*ckin money straight, then we'll have it."

And what label will the record be released on? That is not an easy answer. All of the Geto Boys' albums have been released under J-Prince's Rap-A-Lot Records. According to Bushwick, he left because the label refused to pay him.

Bushwick severed his ties with J-Prince and said "There is no relationship with J-Prince."

The Different Styles Organization is in stores now.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:Bushwick Bill drops new album
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 11:37:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna have to check this one out.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 04:53:27 AM »
finally something new by the 'Big' Bushwick   :D

my fav from the dirty south wit Face

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 09:31:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna have to check this one out.