Author Topic: just went to a goapele concert.  (Read 48 times)

We Fly High

just went to a goapele concert.
« on: August 24, 2003, 06:50:53 PM »
i jsut went to a goapele concert at the fillmore last night, pep love of hiero made a guest apperance. she sings a soul type music with a live band which makes all the difference, and her backup singers are extreme talents on their own. but  if you guys have never heard of her, you should check it out, shes proud to be from the bay area, cali, more specifically oakland, and i think jumpstarted her career with a song with hiero called sowetto. check out her cd, "even closer" on her own independent label , Skyblaze. the decision to go the indie route was the result of wanting to "get the music out the way I see fit, without having to compromise my values, my image or any of my lyrics".  www.goapele.com . the single of the song is also called "even closer" and is getting major airplay here on the west coast.  highly recommended . "Released in November, Even Closer caught the attention of some industry folks as the record managed to outsell 50 Cent's record breaking debut Get Rich or Die Tryin' in the Bay Area. "

Kaidy

Re:just went to a goapele concert.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 03:01:08 AM »
yea my girlfriend is always playing that cd. Closer To My Dreams is my favorite song on there