Author Topic: Proving I'm Not a 50 Hater  (Read 301 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Proving I'm Not a 50 Hater
« on: August 27, 2003, 05:39:06 AM »
here are some songs by 50 i like:

The Hit
The Good Die Young
Corner Bodega
Life's on the Line
Da Repercussions
Make Money by Any Means
Material Girl 2000
Gun Runners
You Ain't No Gangsta
Power of the Dollar
I'm a Hustler
How to Rob
Too Hot          
Who U Rep With  
Fuck You
Love Me
50 Shot Ya
Bad News

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:Proving I'm Not a 50 Hater
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 08:08:47 AM »
Don't forget this one:

Ghetto Quaran
---> I really like this song, especially the chorus.

I like 50 but the problem is...ever since he signed to Shady/Aftermath some cats are talkin' about him like he's the godfather of rap-music. And that's just stupid. He's good, but when it comes to skills on the mic he's not really THAT good, if you know what I mean.

Those songs you listed ARE dope, period.  ;)

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 08:21:25 AM »
Don't forget this one:

Ghetto Quaran
---> I really like this song, especially the chorus.

I like 50 but the problem is...ever since he signed to Shady/Aftermath some cats are talkin' about him like he's the godfather of rap-music. And that's just stupid.

I disagree.. he does sell like muthafucka but that's cuz cats like his stlye, his music and him as an artist.. who's calling him the godfather, a lyrical genius, the most skilled rapper or whatever..? I don't see anyone doing that.. people like his music thats all

most haters just act like everybody was overrating the shit out of him but who is actually doin that..?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 08:28:29 AM »
Yeah, I guess you got a point there  ;)

Jome

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 05:50:30 PM »

The Hit
The Good Die Young
Corner Bodega
Life's on the Line
Da Repercussions
Make Money by Any Means
Material Girl 2000
Gun Runners
You Ain't No Gangsta
Power of the Dollar
I'm a Hustler
How to Rob
Too Hot          
Who U Rep With  
Fuck You
Love Me
50 Shot Ya
Bad News

We don't believe you, you need more people..  :P
This list proves what I already knew....

First off, a lot of those tracks are nothing special, imo.
Granted, a few dope tracks, and a classic or two.

Second, their all old tracks, making it seem like you make a big deal about making it too clear that you're a fan of 50 without Dre & Em-beats, because we all know that tracks like "Many Men", "High All the time", "If I can't", "What up gangsta", "Back Down", and a lot more of the newer tracks are shitting on more than half of that list.
Both lyrically and musically. (The tracks I mentioned, not all of GRODT)

So off that list, I'll just conclude that you don't like (newer) Dre-beats, Eminem-beats, or the fact that 50 sold 6 million records and you don't want to be among those to be special.
But I already knew that.  :P

« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 05:53:29 PM by LiL Fame »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 06:21:05 PM »
"50 Bars" iz hiz Bess song
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 08:22:55 PM »

The Hit
The Good Die Young
Corner Bodega
Life's on the Line
Da Repercussions
Make Money by Any Means
Material Girl 2000
Gun Runners
You Ain't No Gangsta
Power of the Dollar
I'm a Hustler
How to Rob
Too Hot          
Who U Rep With  
Fuck You
Love Me
50 Shot Ya
Bad News

We don't believe you, you need more people..  :P
This list proves what I already knew....

First off, a lot of those tracks are nothing special, imo.
Granted, a few dope tracks, and a classic or two.

Second, their all old tracks, making it seem like you make a big deal about making it too clear that you're a fan of 50 without Dre & Em-beats, because we all know that tracks like "Many Men", "High All the time", "If I can't", "What up gangsta", "Back Down", and a lot more of the newer tracks are shitting on more than half of that list.
Both lyrically and musically. (The tracks I mentioned, not all of GRODT)

So off that list, I'll just conclude that you don't like (newer) Dre-beats, Eminem-beats, or the fact that 50 sold 6 million records and you don't want to be among those to be special.
But I already knew that.  :P

actually i believe both Love Me & Bad News were recorded after he signed with shady/aftermath. What i dont like about the present 50 is that because of him being shot in the face, his flow sounds terrible. His flow used to be solid & now its just slurring, he sounds drunk

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 08:36:11 PM »

actually i believe both Love Me & Bad News were recorded after he signed with shady/aftermath.

Not "Bad news".

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2003, 08:44:50 PM »
hmmm pre Dre 50 or after, its a tie if u ask me, i enjoy both his earlier stuff and older stuff

i do admit though that he sounds a little more hungry on his old stuff but now Dre and Em are giving him proper production

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2003, 08:49:45 PM »

actually i believe both Love Me & Bad News were recorded after he signed with shady/aftermath.

Not "Bad news".

really? oh well its a dope track: "you put pressure on me when you compare me to Pac, i'm just a new kid i can't help if i'm hot" dope line

Paris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2003, 03:57:15 PM »
i dunno man, i aint callin ua 50 hater, im jus sayin, i think his mo clean now, i think being with aftermath AND shady got to his head, specially knowin unlike other cats, his album IS  comin out but who wouldnt be if u sign with them...............wot i like about 50 now is that dres always been one to say u gotta make sure ppl can understand wot u sayin clearly and ever since his jaw got fucked up, he aint come as clean as he has after being with dre..........

u cant deny joints like "in da club"..........shits pure classic even tho there aint nuttin he spits in it wot makes u think or anythin, its jus real catchy and its sick.........the beats great to, he can be proud knowin he didnt have to make a pop song to sell so sick.........

but yo lincoln alot of the time i be like, knowin his got overhyped n shit BUT the song that really got me into 50 cent wasnt his old stuff or in da club or any of his classics......................it was "high all the time"............i mean this joint made me realise the nigga can spit shit worth listenin n i could relate to it,i cant explain it, its jus the song that hit me, shits a person classic if u getz me blud

peace

JTSimon

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 09:15:40 AM »
You all forgot 50 Cent - Gentlemen (Jay-Z Diss)  ;)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 07:02:08 PM »
You all forgot 50 Cent - Gentlemen (Jay-Z Diss)  ;)

i didnt forget that, i dont feel it

Paris

eS El Duque

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 10:04:11 PM »
the song 'places to go' got me listening to 50 cent  8)