Author Topic: Obie Trice feature at SOHH.com (It's short though.)  (Read 120 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Obie Trice feature at SOHH.com (It's short though.)
« on: August 29, 2003, 10:29:43 AM »
A bit of a stupid feature if you ask me. Clearly he wasn't in the mood for doing the thing and they asked just stupid ass questions just derived from the previous answers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obie Trice doesn't "give a f#@$." His stone-faced mug is a dead giveaway and his rhymes only add to his defiant image. The similar convictions of his peeps, Eminem and 50 Cent, have created them into urban culture's main attractions and Obie's swagger even cockier than these. The Detroit native grabbed your attention on Em's "Without Me" music video, he spit spiteful game on "Love Me" and now he demands you to acceptance in Cheers, his debut album due in September.

Obie also doesn't give a f#@$ about being interviewed by writers when he's grouchy from touring as SOHH learned the hard way while talking with him during a stop on the Anger Management Tour.

SOHH: What's the most unique quality you possess?

Obie: I love myself. I don't think I love anything else but myself and my music.

Besides rap music are there any other genres you like to listen to?

I just listen to rap music.

OK, so whose sh!t are you rocking now?

Old school rap music. You can feel old school rap music.

Give me some examples. Were you into Big Daddy Kane or were you a Rakim fan or Kool G. Rap?

All of those.

OK, coming up in Detroit, how were you as a child?

I just didn't give a f#@$.

Wanna elaborate?

I didn't give a f#@$.

2Pac was someone who didn't give a f#@$ either. What's your take on all these rappers bigging-up Pac? Does it need to stop?

Yeah. Sometimes it's cool.

When is it cool?

When I do it. When I say something about Pac it's cool when other people do it's not.

How has Pac influenced you?

Pac was very influential in everything. His career, everything about him getting shot. He's influenced me. His movie roles. He was so gangsta. I love him.

What's your favorite Pac movie role?

Poetic Justice. Yeah where he was the mail boy.

Why do postal workers go crazy?

I believe it's a hard job for them to sort out so many bills.

Have you ever been late on bills?

I've always been late on bills. Even now with a record deal and everything.

What was the most outstanding bill you ever had?

The most I ever owed a company was to Interscope.

Explain the stranglehold Interscope has on the record industry today.

Right now no one can f#@$ with us. We're the dream team. I don't see anyone ever f#@$in' with us. That's Interscope for you. You gotta look at the label. I mean look at what you got there. You got Bionic Jive (laughter is heard in the background). You got f#@$in' Obie Trice. You got Slim Shady and 50 Cent, D12. You had 2Pac. You got E-V-E. It's just a strong force.

Talking about forces, are you a Star Wars fan?

No, not really.

Obie Trice's debut, Cheers, drops September 23rd.

eS El Duque

Re:Obie Trice feature at SOHH.com (It's short though.)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 11:34:55 AM »
lol...asked obie if he likes star wars...damn...crappy interview

GangstaBoogy

Re:Obie Trice feature at SOHH.com (It's short though.)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 10:27:03 PM »
I lyke that interview, OBie wuz straight to tha point (unlyke moss of tha other fukkerz that get interview'd).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"