Author Topic: Hollis Day To Be Renamed Jam Master Jay Day  (Read 113 times)

Duckman

Hollis Day To Be Renamed Jam Master Jay Day
« on: August 30, 2003, 01:13:38 PM »
Officials at the Hollis Day Celebration in Queens, NY will rename the annual event Jam Master Jay Day, paying tribute to the legendary DJ who was gunned down October 30, 2002.

The renaming of Hollis day will be announced by Council Majority Whip Leroy Comrie at 3 P.M. today (August 30).

Local organizers are also attempting to rename a street after Jam Master Jay as well, hoping to have the process completed before the first anniversary of Jay's death.

Police are still searching for a suspect or motive in relation to the murder of Jam Master Jay.

JTSimon

Re:Hollis Day To Be Renamed Jam Master Jay Day
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 01:45:31 PM »
Finally a holiday for a drug dealer  ;D idiots.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 07:00:17 PM »

shut up you fucking idiot

good to hear this news. This year i'm going to school Run-DMC'ed out with adidas jeans & a fat rope chain

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 01:01:18 AM »
I'll remember to wear my adida shoes when his day comes aorund  :-\
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 01:01:43 AM by eS El Duque »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 08:08:22 AM »

That's probably one of the most fucked up things ever said during my time on this forum. Slap yo' self.

A nice gesture though. Also shows that at least some people have realized that when done right, hip-hop can be a respectable art form just like any other type of music. It ain't just a joke no more.

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 11:43:53 AM »

That's probably one of the most fucked up things ever said during my time on this forum. Slap yo' self.

A nice gesture though. Also shows that at least some people have realized that when done right, hip-hop can be a respectable art form just like any other type of music. It ain't just a joke no more.

Too bad its the truth.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 10:50:17 PM »
nice 8)