Author Topic: DMX - "Grand Champ" leftovers & Remixes..  (Read 390 times)

Jome

DMX - "Grand Champ" leftovers & Remixes..
« on: September 09, 2003, 09:45:42 PM »
After listening to "Grand Champ" 2 days, I gotta say it's the best DMX-album yet, imo..
But it could have been better.. just look at all these leftovers.

* X Gonna give it to ya again (remix) feat. Bazaar Royale - Produced by Red Spyda
Overheated shiiiiet..

* Rule'd out - Ja Rule diss.. a dope disstrack, and even more a dope track.

* Get it on the flow (remix) - The remix sounds very much like the OG, but the remix is better.

* Where the hood at (remix) feat. The Lox, Drag-On & Eve - Same track, but with RR verses.. should easily have been a bonus-track on the CD.. dope as hell.

* Don't expect feat. Loose Cannon - More or less a "Ruled out" remix, but with a added Loose Cannon verse and a tighter beat.. Loose Cannon is pretty damn dope on here.

"Grand Champ" could have been classic..  :-\

« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 09:46:28 PM by LiL Fame »

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:DMX - "Grand Champ" leftovers & Remixes..
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 10:51:54 PM »
After listening to "Grand Champ" 2 days, I gotta say it's the best DMX-album yet,

??? are u sayin this album is better then his first??? he will never make another album better then that one...

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 06:18:33 AM »
After listening to "Grand Champ" 2 days, I gotta say it's the best DMX-album yet, imo...

Holy mother, can't believe hearin' somethin' like that :o

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 07:47:22 AM »
yea i Grand CHamp is my fav too...better than his first i believe...my favorite track from 'Its dark and hell is hot' was 'Fukin wit d'...my fav track from Grand champ has to be 'Fuck Y'all'.... 8) ;D ;D

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 01:40:09 PM »
After listening to "Grand Champ" 2 days, I gotta say it's the best DMX-album yet, imo..
But it could have been better.. just look at all these leftovers.

* X Gonna give it to ya again (remix) feat. Bazaar Royale - Produced by Red Spyda
Overheated shiiiiet..

* Rule'd out - Ja Rule diss.. a dope disstrack, and even more a dope track.

* Get it on the flow (remix) - The remix sounds very much like the OG, but the remix is better.

* Where the hood at (remix) feat. The Lox, Drag-On & Eve - Same track, but with RR verses.. should easily have been a bonus-track on the CD.. dope as hell.

* Don't expect feat. Loose Cannon - More or less a "Ruled out" remix, but with a added Loose Cannon verse and a tighter beat.. Loose Cannon is pretty damn dope on here.

"Grand Champ" could have been classic..  :-\

ur way over-hyping this cd, its dope as hell yeah and definatly in the top 3 but no way is it better than his first cd, that shits classic, this is just a dope cd not classic material.... and them leftovers/remixes.... most of them are wack, X Gon Give It To Ya Remix was poor as hell, Ruled Out was nice last summer, got too much play and lost its novelty, Where The Hood At Remix to me was wack aswell, not heard the last track so not gonna comment on that one. but seriously

1, Its Dark And Hell Is Hot
2, Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood
3, Grand Champion.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 04:23:57 PM »
Mannn, Grand Champion is defenitly up there...very complex songs, which means tha type of songs that would take a while 2 mix and shit...I dunno if y'all know what I mean...I still gotta let this album soak in before I can label it best and shit...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Jome

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 06:12:21 PM »
ur way over-hyping this cd, its dope as hell yeah and definatly in the top 3 but no way is it better than his first cd, that shits classic, this is just a dope cd not classic material.... and them leftovers/remixes.... most of them are wack, X Gon Give It To Ya Remix was poor as hell, Ruled Out was nice last summer, got too much play and lost its novelty, Where The Hood At Remix to me was wack aswell, not heard the last track so not gonna comment on that one. but seriously

3, Grand Champion.

U gotta be kidding..
Obviously you like the old Swizz Casio Beatz better than his new producers and Swizz new style.
DMX is also better than ever imo.. and finally got rid of all that religious/demon bullshit.

And about the remixes.. is that a joke ?
X gon give.. remix is a lot better than the OG, and "Where the hood at remix" is hotttttness, unless you have a passionate hate for the Lox, Eve or Drag-On.

Mannn, Grand Champion is defenitly up there...very complex songs, which means tha type of songs that would take a while 2 mix and shit...I dunno if y'all know what I mean...I still gotta let this album soak in before I can label it best and shit...

Word.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 10:48:14 AM »
Where The Hood At (remix) is really tight  8)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 11:46:08 AM »

3, Grand Champion.

U gotta be kidding..
Obviously you like the old Swizz Casio Beatz better than his new producers and Swizz new style.
DMX is also better than ever imo.. and finally got rid of all that religious/demon bullshit.

And about the remixes.. is that a joke ?
X gon give.. remix is a lot better than the OG, and "Where the hood at remix" is hotttttness, unless you have a passionate hate for the Lox, Eve or Drag-On.

na the production on grand champ is off the hook although a few of the beats sound similar...

the remixes, i wasnt feeling the X Gon Give It 2 Ya Remix at all, just my opinion, just wasnt feelin it and the Where The Hood At remix, The Lox are mad dope, Eves nice and so is Drag, on occasions but it sounded so unprofesional, it sounded poorly mixed and i feel that a couple of them could have stepped there game up a little bit more for the remix. but each to their own opinion aint trying to argue with anyone about it.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com