Author Topic: Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?  (Read 874 times)

PLANT

Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?
« on: September 13, 2003, 11:21:52 AM »
I dont understand.......Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dr Dre.....?

Why do people think that one rapper should be held responsible for "Bringing back the west"........?

Why do people think that one prodcuer needs to "hook everyone up" to bring back that west......?

If artists such as Crooked I, Eastwood, C Bo, Yukmouth and so on are so good, why dont they bring the west back, and why do they blame a lack of commercial success on someone else?  Its just the way it is, some people are more commercially appealing than others.  

Id love to see all the above artists get their shine, but in all reality, at the end of the day, people are responsble for their own shit.  

My point is that instead of blaming failure or lack of success on another man, people should look in the mirror and realize that they are in sole control of their own destiny...

If Crooked I wants to be "the next big thing" he needs to drop an album. Period... Death Row is killing this guys career, not Dre, not Snoop or anyone else.  Drop an album.

If Yukmouth wants to be a star, promote his shit more, do mixtapes and put other artists down. You cant have a double standard here. If you want commercial success, than you have to make somewhat commercially appealing music....But you cant be an underground rapper and then complain about "not blowing up".....Thats being a hypocrite IMO....

Ok, I took this quote from "brother from another mother" and I feel its 100% truth right here...

Here is what Tru Blu posted on the dpgc2g forum...its kinda related to this topic and it pretty much sums it up IMO.

"Every artist that Snoop has brought out is from Long Beach so what are you talking about. Tray Deee, Swoop-G, Lil C-Style, Techniec, Bad Azz, So Sentrelle, Goldie Loc, Kola, Coniyac, E-White, and Soopafly all got their starts featured on Snoop songs. He works w/ people that most people forgot about. He put Chan, Lil Half Dead, and Battlecat back in the game. He's helped Butch Cassidy. He helped Xzibit get big. He had Kokane featured all over Tha Last Meal and Duces 'N Trayz. He had Suga Free featured on 2 of his solo albums, both Eastsidaz albums, and Bad Azz and Doggy's Angels albums.

Snoop has done a lot for his coast. He's done more for the West than a lot of you guys favorite artists here like Yukmouth and C-Bo.

When youre famous & successful some people will always hate on you no matter what you do.

I dont know, this may bother some people, and some people may agree with me....Just some shit I wanted to say....

Peace ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 11:25:33 AM by Represent. »

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Re:Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 11:24:39 AM »
You got some good points, and i probably agree 99%....
Good read....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 11:25:58 AM by NSDogg »
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Nightfall

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 11:30:53 AM »
Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?

simple
snoop and dre are some of the 2 most famous people repping the west, so wen west coast rappers arent selling, they blame dre and snoop

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 11:34:53 AM »
Preach!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 11:49:04 AM »
Praise Represent! He sums my thoughts up! You'll get a shout out as soon as I think it's time for that stuff. (500 posts)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Smooth

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 12:11:18 PM »
I agree 100% Rep... Snoop's done ALOT for his coast... and more then most rappers... Snoop and Dre don't need the hate just because there commercially appealing... it's up to these other west coast rappers to make THEMSELVES appealing so that they can get noticed and sell there records...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2003, 12:15:30 PM »
because they have the weight of the westcoast on their shoulders.

c'mon u really think crooked I could bring back the westcoast?  or ecay uno?  or sly boogie?  or roscoe?

look at album sales, radio play, video play. snoop and dre are 90% of all that for the wc I bet.

its like barry bonds and the giants.  w/o bonds, the giants ain't shit and have no chance.  sure they got good players besides bonds, but they can't win w/o him.  the westcoast has plenty of talent, but no recognition.  dre and snoop are the only ones who attract attention towards the westcoast.  can u imagine the radio stations without any of snoop or dre's music.  they would play like 1 or 2 westcoast songs a day.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2003, 12:17:07 PM »
is that their fault?

what about '5 on it'.. yuk was there once..

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 12:24:35 PM »
because they have the weight of the westcoast on their shoulders.

c'mon u really think crooked I could bring back the westcoast?  or ecay uno?  or sly boogie?  or roscoe?

look at album sales, radio play, video play. snoop and dre are 90% of all that for the wc I bet.

its like barry bonds and the giants.  w/o bonds, the giants ain't shit and have no chance.  sure they got good players besides bonds, but they can't win w/o him.  the westcoast has plenty of talent, but no recognition.  dre and snoop are the only ones who attract attention towards the westcoast.  can u imagine the radio stations without any of snoop or dre's music.  they would play like 1 or 2 westcoast songs a day.

None of this shit is at all Snoop or Dre's fault........Video, Radio Play and album sales having nothing to do with Snoop or Dre being in control.....So the fact that other artists arnt getting play on tv and radio has to do with the people in charge of radio and television....

smerlus

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2003, 12:34:10 PM »
  it's not all these rapper's faults though...i mean come on, the only two people that are heading the west coast are a 140 pound gangsta killer/pimp/ family man, and a guy that used to wear make up? and these are our most charismatic rappers on the west?

ok lets talk about rapper's appeal.....you got skills and then you got character

south

how much stage personality do these southern rappers have? the majority of them look like they suffer from some birth defect such as down syndrome, or fetal alcohol syndrome....and they still get play on MTV, BET and the radio stations.

lyrics....garbage....half of these section 8 bastards think they're running bootcamp and shit, shouting out rehashed drill cadences...and the beats could be summed up as prehistoric

east

you got east coast rappers that try to be pretty boys or the ones that try and act all grimey, and most of them can pull off what they're trying to look like (except ja rule, he looks like a retarded rotisery chicken)

and i have to admit, they have 100 times more lyrical skill than the south...but so does dr suess. but they really don't say shit that's important. it's always i love women, i love money, i love my jewels and cars.....and then you do get the gangsta rapper from the east.....but that shit is just stolen off the west

west

got all the gangsta rappers, pimps, hustlas.....ok so we don't have that much of a selection, and some of them range from charismatic....too down right freak show.

lyrically and flow wise....we have everything, we got laid back (snoop)...we got in your face (xzibit) and i can go on and on. and the west has rapped about everything and they continue to do that...when's the last time you heard east or south rap about the record industry? (dj quik, ice cube, e 40)

all i'm trying to say is i believe everything dj quik said on what they think about you...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2003, 12:40:22 PM »
Because Dre & Snoop got lucky...

If Snoop wasn't with Death Row back in da dayz, he would be just another Sly Boogie...

Tha fact that they waz wit Death Row and tha way Suge Knight handled they business & put em on made them West Coast's only mainstream rappers these dayz...WHY are they mainstream? because they have tha rich white doods behind their backs, therefore they have a chance 2 make a difference & make West Coast movements in this East Coast dominated game...but when they go signin their 50s, rakims, brooklyns and joe beasts instead of some rappers from their own turf...then people point they fingers at em like 'cmon, what tha fuc y'all doin?'

It makes perfect sense...just think about it a lil more deeply...I swear I got nothin against Snoop or Dre, but when I see all this shit take place...it just makes me shake my head and speak out what I believe in...

« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 12:42:13 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2003, 12:52:02 PM »
Because Dre & Snoop got lucky...

If Snoop wasn't with Death Row back in da dayz, he would be just another Sly Boogie...

Tha fact that they waz wit Death Row and tha way Suge Knight handled they business & put em on made them West Coast's only mainstream rappers these dayz...

Well If this is true, and alota peeps on here think that Crook is much more talented than Snoop, then tell me why Crook hasnt blown the fuck up yet?  Believe it or not, Snoop does have talent is is appealing to alot of people...

but when they go signin their 50s, rakims, brooklyns and joe beasts instead of some rappers from their own turf...then people point they fingers at em like 'cmon, what tha fuc y'all doin?'

Well I cant speak for Dre, but Snoop has taken alota westcoast acts under his wing, and he put the beach on the map.....And infact, has ONLY westcoast acts signed to his label.....No eastocast artists are signed with Snoop.....

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2003, 12:59:55 PM »
...but when they go signin their 50s, rakims, brooklyns and joe beasts instead of some rappers from their own turf...then people point they fingers at em like 'cmon, what tha fuc y'all doin?'

The people that "point they fingers at em like 'cmon, what tha fuc y'all doin?" just don't get that most people don't give a shit where you were born or where you "rep".  They sign people or work with people because they think they are talented, they like them, or think it would be a good business/career move.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 01:01:03 PM by C2Knuckles »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2003, 01:02:27 PM »
Well If this is true, and alota peeps on here think that Crook is much more talented than Snoop, then tell me why Crook hasnt blown the fuck up yet?  Believe it or not, Snoop does have talent is is appealing to alot of people...

Wat tha eff? How can U compare tha 93 Death Row to tha 03 Death Row? In 93 that shit waz a BIG marketing opprtunity that all tha big time distributors jumped on, they were making a movement that waz gonna blow up no matter what...tha real bizzness brains invested BIG and profited BIG...whoever waz part of it came out successful...Do U really think someone like Daz Dillinger would even be able 2 sell more than 1000 records these dayz if his foundation wasn't as strong as it is? Tha guy SUX...He has no talent as a rapper...sorry 2 say...
Snoop, ofcourse he would do well as a rapper...he has that charisma...but do U really think he would be able 2 express it like this? look @ how much he is praised 4 his so called  izzle slang...if someone from tha bay had tha opportunity like Snoop and showed these muthafucaz what real slang is on a mainstream level, they would be praised like a muthafuca...

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 01:09:16 PM »

The people that "point they fingers at em like 'cmon, what tha fuc y'all doin?" just don't get that most people don't give a shit where you were born or where you "rep".  They sign people or work with people because they think they are talented, they like them, or think it would be a good business/career move.

lmao...yur saying this as a fan's point of view...dats tha logical thing to say...Ur not lookin into it deep enuff...East Coast DO give a shit about who's "reppin" what...that is why they wanna see themselves succeed and they are winning...THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT US...how many times do I gotta stress this?  No it is not some spoiled kid talk...IT IS ALL ABOUT WHERE U "rep" in this game...TRUST ME MAN...Y'all should come here so I can take 2 some of these distributor offices...It's deeper than it looks man...Magazines = East then South, Radio = East then South, All kinda media that reaches tha fans on a mainstream level = East then South...Why? Because they take pride in where they "rep" and will do anything to see they turf succeed...This all goes on in behind tha scenes wit all tha bizzness brains that are operating on tha game...be open minded homeboy...

« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 01:11:22 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

COMING IN 2008.