Author Topic: Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?  (Read 889 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re:Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2003, 04:21:09 PM »
I know u talkin about "tha majors" but that's bullshit too.. the majors are white but not rich.. wtf gave u that idea

LMAOOOOO......wow, this quote is classic, I gotta show my folks......'majors are not rich' lololol

TRUST me when I say no matter how dope tha music is, it will never get big as long as U have tha bizzness brains operating on it......period......Wuteva I said on top^ I am still stickin with cuzz U can not change facts......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2003, 07:16:19 PM »
And about all tha bullshit U talkin...No hate 2 Dre...BUT Facts are that...

If Cube didn't write the albums and if Eazy didn't fund it, N.W.A. would've been nothing. It was a collective effort. And, if it wasn't for Suge, Dre would've still been getting fucked at Ruthless. Y'all ain't knowing OR U do but U gettin too caught up in Dre's hype.

Dre and Snoop, especially Dre, have the power to take ANY artist to a label and say "hey, I want you to check this cat out, he's talented." Majors won't listen to the West unless it's Dre/Snoop affiliated (lil exagerrated but on point) Why? Because Dre & Snoop are tha leaders, Everyone else out here is looked at as too hardcore and not marketable, for no other reason than being from the West Coast. There's sooo much hidden talent no one knowin about, YES, I'm talkin bout U knuckleheads out here too, Get @ me on AIM & I'll show U random artists workin they ass off everyday that never get heard, guaranteed U will luv it, Regardless of the hits they pump out, nobody on the West has a chance until Snoop and Dre start helping out. As soon as they make a couple of examples out of West Coast artists, then Majors will slide out here again and start lookin 4 talent...It's just like when Scouts go to tha top high skools lookin for talent, U never see scouts goin to 3rd division high skools lookin for individuals...but as soon as some of them 3rd division teams start improving a couple of scouts go lookin and tha rest follow...

YES...some cats like Baby Beesh, Jacka etc just did get Major deals wit Universal and majors like that...but fact is, they are backburners...because of tha fact that they are from tha west coast...It has EVERYTHING 2 do with where U "rep"...please don't get it twisted...remember, nothin but facts here...ain't tryin 2 be biast...

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

smerlus

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2003, 08:37:58 PM »
Schoolly D will never be remembered for his rhymes, which often bordered on rote and elementary; but when packaged with DJ Code Money's woofer-cracking 808 bass and long-distance scratches, they morphed into some of the most memorable and well-loved hip-hop songs of all time. Schoolly planted the seeds of gangsta rap ("P.S.K. What Does It Mean?" and "Parkside 5-2" were shouts to the infamous Parkside Killers gang in north Philly) while bragging about the trappings of success ("Gucci Time," "Put Your Filas On," "Fat Gold Chain"), but his most notorious recorded moment was his diary of a typical weekend night ("Saturday Night"), where he finds himself getting drunk, losing his key, picking up a hooker, then confronting his pistol- packing mom. However, the late 1980s found him trying to replicate the shock value on "Smoke Some Kill," "Coqui 900," and the sophomoric "Mr. Big Dick," but by then, gangsta rap had migrated to South Central--leaving Schoolly looking old and in the way. The Jive Collection reminds us that he was neither. His drum patterns and booming bass have become key documents, Xeroxed by producers. Schoolly D's psycho realm is best appreciated in the darkness of a club, four-foot woofers beating out the drum pattern in your chest, his terse sentence structure dumbing you down with him. --Todd Inoue

here's what a reviewer had to say about schoolly d. to sum it up, his raps could be contributed to the start of gangsta rap, but he never persued it until he saw others making money, and since he had no skill, he was just saying shit for shock value.

now with the little history lesson out of the way....east coast and south radio hits have been about the same 4-5 subjects for about 5 years....westcoast radio hits vary alot more......as i said in another post, the last few westcoast radio songs out here were smooth sailing, and thug mansion...ok one is about a good lifestyle, the other actually song actually says something, isn't talking about bitches, jewelry or dancing

Jome

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2003, 09:37:40 PM »
LMAO @ "being gangsta" is stolen from the West..  ::)

smerlus

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2003, 10:43:34 PM »
yeah you're right, that gangsta shit came from norway....

anyways the west made gangsta rap popular and mainstream....very few were doing it before, none were having success with it but the west perfected it and now every one is doing it....

and since you guys just like to read and not comprehend....i'll give a basic example......

in the states in the early ninties there was this rap group named kriss kross...they wore their pants backwards....now i'm pretty damn sure they didn't invent this.....but if you ask any one who did, they will say kriss kross...why? because they brought it to the mainstream audience....so now if any rapper were to start wearing thier clothes backwards.......people will say "look at those morons, they're copying kriss kross" even though they didn't invent that...

maybe when you come to the states, play jeopardy and there's a hip hop theme, i'll give you props, but for now you're just showing useless rap knowledge and not displaying any form of common sense.....west coast MADE gangsta rap period

teecee

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2003, 11:22:53 PM »
Represent, BEST THREAD OF THE YEAR and mad props man.......especially the part about commercial success!!!  I mean, damnit, if someone wants some commercial success then make some music that appeals to the masses!  That does not mean selling out entirely; contrary to alot of peoples belief, it is harder to make a hit song than an underground song half of the time.  What the rest of the west needs to do is step the fuck up like te south has (even if i dont like the music from the south aside from Scarface)

once again, big priops represent

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2003, 11:38:38 PM »
yell know how i feel about this if you bitch and complain about not coming up and blame it on someone else then you never going to come up......i agree with this thread period

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2003, 11:47:49 PM »
Represent, BEST THREAD OF THE YEAR and mad props man.......especially the part about commercial success!!!  I mean, damnit, if someone wants some commercial success then make some music that appeals to the masses!  That does not mean selling out entirely; contrary to alot of peoples belief, it is harder to make a hit song than an underground song half of the time.  What the rest of the west needs to do is step the fuck up like te south has (even if i dont like the music from the south aside from Scarface)

once again, big priops represent

lmao....here we go again with people thinkin it's all about makin hit songs 2 come up....like hey we just made a hit song, this means we will be on Mtv and we gone get rich....

some of y'all really piss me off sometimes cuzz u never think outside tha box....it's all like a game 2 y'all....but ofcourse, fans dunno tha bizzness side, all they see is tha media....so really, I dunno why I get pissed....so fuck it....

COMING IN 2008.

teecee

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2003, 01:09:59 AM »
Rodzilla,  i dont who blows up(my favourite two rappers are Ras Kass and Masta ACe by the way) and i know there is mad politics in the game that hold many artists down.  And i dont think a hit song is necessarily the key to success and definetely not to longevity.  And I understand the rap game is FUCKED up as the last major artist to actually blow up without major connections was Nelly.   But yo, enlighten myself and all of the other people who do not "think  outside the box" on the game that you seem to know all to well.   I am not trying to be a jerk, just elaborate

Bigkhrisdogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2003, 01:16:36 AM »
Rodzilla,  i dont who blows up(my favourite two rappers are Ras Kass and Masta ACe by the way) and i know there is mad politics in the game that hold many artists down.  And i dont think a hit song is necessarily the key to success and definetely not to longevity.  And I understand the rap game is FUCKED up as the last major artist to actually blow up without major connections was Nelly.   But yo, enlighten myself and all of the other people who do not "think  outside the box" on the game that you seem to know all to well.   I am not trying to be a jerk, just elaborate

Actually Nelly did have major connections sort of. His manager is Coota Luuv, the former manager of Mase,so it was easier for him to get airplay and favors. The thing most West Coast acts LACK is good management!!!! The one West Coast act who suprised me is Yukmouth because he was or still is under RuffRyders Management and still gets no airplay.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 01:22:40 AM by Bigkhrisdogg »

Jome

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2003, 02:41:37 AM »
yeah you're right, that gangsta shit came from norway....

anyways the west made gangsta rap popular and mainstream....very few were doing it before, none were having success with it but the west perfected it and now every one is doing it....

and since you guys just like to read and not comprehend....i'll give a basic example......

in the states in the early ninties there was this rap group named kriss kross...they wore their pants backwards....now i'm pretty damn sure they didn't invent this.....but if you ask any one who did, they will say kriss kross...why? because they brought it to the mainstream audience....so now if any rapper were to start wearing thier clothes backwards.......people will say "look at those morons, they're copying kriss kross" even though they didn't invent that...

maybe when you come to the states, play jeopardy and there's a hip hop theme, i'll give you props, but for now you're just showing useless rap knowledge and not displaying any form of common sense.....west coast MADE gangsta rap period

You're a moron.

So the Westcoast as a whole COPYRIGHTED rapping about "gangsta" topics ?
Anybody using "Gangsta" expressions should either be from the Westcoast, or apply for the right to use it.. ??

Next thing you know, Italian mafia are gonna sue 30% of all rappers for using mafia nicknames and expressions..  ::)

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2003, 02:51:43 AM »
You look it at this way the reason the west don't sell ain't
because of Dre and Snoop it's because the lack of
promotion they have. The record labels won't spend too
much to promote their albums, they get no play on radio
or their videos played on MTV etc.. But also how many
people on this board rip westcoast artists records??
huh cause if you do you are part of the problem why they
don't sell, cause when labels see a lot of albums being
bootleged they won't promote all that much.

Jome

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2003, 03:01:23 AM »
But also how many
people on this board rip westcoast artists records??
huh cause if you do you are part of the problem why they
don't sell, cause when labels see a lot of albums being
bootleged they won't promote all that much.

Eastcoast artists have the same problem.
Bootlegging isn't a Westcoast phenomenom.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2003, 05:14:44 AM »
I know u talkin about "tha majors" but that's bullshit too.. the majors are white but not rich.. wtf gave u that idea

LMAOOOOO......wow, this quote is classic, I gotta show my folks......'majors are not rich' lololol

I thought u were talkin about the majority of the fans that be supporting Dre n Snoop, not the labels..

And about all tha bullshit U talkin...No hate 2 Dre...BUT Facts are that...

If Cube didn't write the albums and if Eazy didn't fund it, N.W.A. would've been nothing. It was a collective effort. And, if it wasn't for Suge, Dre would've still been getting fucked at Ruthless. Y'all ain't knowing OR U do but U gettin too caught up in Dre's hype.

Dre and Snoop, especially Dre, have the power to take ANY artist to a label and say "hey, I want you to check this cat out, he's talented." Majors won't listen to the West unless it's Dre/Snoop affiliated (lil exagerrated but on point) Why? Because Dre & Snoop are tha leaders, Everyone else out here is looked at as too hardcore and not marketable, for no other reason than being from the West Coast. There's sooo much hidden talent no one knowin about, YES, I'm talkin bout U knuckleheads out here too, Get @ me on AIM & I'll show U random artists workin they ass off everyday that never get heard, guaranteed U will luv it, Regardless of the hits they pump out, nobody on the West has a chance until Snoop and Dre start helping out. As soon as they make a couple of examples out of West Coast artists, then Majors will slide out here again and start lookin 4 talent...It's just like when Scouts go to tha top high skools lookin for talent, U never see scouts goin to 3rd division high skools lookin for individuals...but as soon as some of them 3rd division teams start improving a couple of scouts go lookin and tha rest follow...

and lol @u sayin "no hate for Dre" but completely ignoring what he did for Ruthless and acting like it was all Eazy and Cube.. Ruthless didn't have NO success until Dre joined and he was the one who talked Eazy into rapping.. if it wasn't for his production Ruthless woulda never blown up.. and what's the point in repeating that Suge got Dre out of his contract when I already mentioned this and sayin "yall ain't knowin"..? it doesn't make any sense at all

I already said Dre needed Suge for that but that doesn't mean Suge was the mastermind behind all that cuz u don't need to be a mastermind to run into somebody's office with a bat and a gun and make him sign some shit

and no matter what power Dre got.. he doesn't have to sign nobody, especially not just cuz he's from the west.. he got himself in the position in which he is now days and it's up to him who he signs.. he helped the west coast enough in the past, he gives a fuck about coasts now days.. ain't nothin wrong with that and u'll have to accept that fact and so will Yuk and Bo

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2003, 06:50:18 AM »
I'm amazed how these wannabe, important experts on the innerworkings of the rap game have so much time to come down and school us regular FANS on how the game really works.  The proof is in the pudding.  Suge was a nobody before Dre, and only because of Tupac was he able to hold on as long as he has after Dre.  That's why he HATES Dre.  Scarface said it perfectly a few years ago when he said that Dre was like the Terminator in how he is able to rebuild himself time and time again.  Dre will also get past this Source magazine bullshit.  I'M STILL WAITING FOR MR. KNIGHT TO REBUILD HIMSELF JUST ONCE.  I know he survived prison but I'm talking about his career, his record label.  If he was the mastermind he is supposed to be, Deathrow would at least be a decent label.  I'm not even talking about the 90's DR. I'm talking about just being decent.  Dre could shut down Aftermath today, start a new label tomorrow and somehow be on top again in a few years.  Has he not proven it????? Advice to the Westcoast. Enjoy Dre while you have him......You've had the best.