Author Topic: Do SNoop and NAte even respect Warren G?  (Read 853 times)

teecee

Do SNoop and NAte even respect Warren G?
« on: September 14, 2003, 11:13:50 PM »
I know they are all good friends, but musically do tey even feel him anymore?

Im sure everyone knows that i am a huge Warren G fan and that i even gave his last album a 5/5 rating.  However, i have a feeling that Snoop AND Nate both doubt Warrens hitmaking abilities considering he has not produced a hit song in a LONG time.  I personally still LOVe his production as do a lot of people on this message board, but it is hard to say whether he still has what it takes to make an album have huge sales.  And lets be honest, this album has to be HUGE and put up HUGE numbers(although i could care less)........i wish it could all be Warren produced, but with the way rap is today, it seems like you HAVE TO HAVE A NEPTUNES beat and gotta have some mc's who dont belong, whether we like it or not.  

Another thought:  while i am gonna buy and like this album no matter who produces it or is a guest on it, i wonder if the album should even be made.  Seriously, it seems as though neither NAte or Snoop think enough of Warren to even get him to produce for their solos; it seems as though warren is the one who has always wanted the album, and is the one who NEEDS this album to gain back is status as a superstar.  Snoop is rich and not really hungry, and Nate could make more money singing ooks for everyone in the game.  To, that is the problem with this album.........  

budsmokeronly

Re:Do SNoop and NAte even respect Warren G?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 01:18:31 AM »
probably, I mean look at who snoop and nate work wit these days.  sure working with the neptunes will get them much more attention and money than working with warren g.  but snoop is already rich, and I am sure nate is pretty well off.  it would be a great sounding album if warren produced the entire thing, and guests were kept to a minimum.  I see no problem with that.  warren is the only one with heart.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 02:44:15 AM »
warren dont get the props he deserves. only the fans recognise the real

Jome

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »
Snoop could care less about Warren G, and even less about Daz.
He's just sticking with whatever is *hot* at the moment..
I think Snoop thinks that their train is gone, and should be able to handle themselves.
Snoop tries to break new acts though, like E.White, LaToyia, Delano, Soopafly, etc.

* = Commercially sellable

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 02:57:27 AM »
probably, I mean look at who snoop and nate work wit these days.  sure working with the neptunes will get them much more attention and money than working with warren g.  but snoop is already rich, and I am sure nate is pretty well off.  it would be a great sounding album if warren produced the entire thing, and guests were kept to a minimum.  I see no problem with that.  warren is the only one with heart.
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 04:23:04 AM »
Real talk. It seems to me that Warren is the only one that is really wanting to do this album from the heart and for the fans. Snoop wants to do it to get a little more money and Nate seems like he never says no to anything, he just rides with the flow. Thing is, Snoop is the superstar in the group and that makes him be in charge, so we will get a half assed album. If Warren was hot rite now things would be different. It seems Snoop and Nate are doing this 213 thing without considering Warren's opinion (just read his latest interview in mtv.com) and just call him to put a verse in the songs. Fuck them both, Warren's the most talented in 213.

gFuNkA

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 12:12:18 PM »
Warren's the most talented in 213.

thats true

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2003, 01:05:04 PM »
Let me just say this: Yall don't know what the fuck Warren/Snoop/Nate's relationship is like.  Maybe Warren beats the fuck out of his mom everytime he goes to visit her, and Snoop and Nate hate him for it.  

That's totally random, but the point is, you don't know why the fuck snoop & Warren & Nate don't work together that much.  There's probbalby something we don't know, that explains it all.  Dre & Warren don't work together, either.  As a matter of fact, Warren don't work.  I'm gonna just leave it at that.  

P.S., I'm a BIG warren G fan.  

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2003, 01:16:13 PM »
sum peeps needs to chill out man!!! and who cares about their relationship there is an album on the way

gFuNkA

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2003, 01:55:16 PM »
nobody claimed to know their relationship

budsmokeronly

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2003, 02:24:16 PM »
sum peeps needs to chill out man!!! and who cares about their relationship there is an album on the way

I only want a classic 213 album.  If it ends up being garbage and dissapointing than I would rather have no album.

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2003, 02:27:04 PM »
What kind of a question is this???? ???

Music aside, these guys are all best friends.....Of coarse they respect each other...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2003, 03:01:11 PM »
Well one thing I can say is that most people outside of Cali don't seem to like G-Funk as much as we do. I am in Florida for college, and I had no idea that people out here don't like G-Funk anymore, but I found out a lotta people don't like it, but they like the Neptunes, Timbaland, and Dr. Dre beats but not Quik, Warren G, and Battlecat. Now I don't think Snoop really cares about the fact that people don't like G-Funk, but at the same time, he realizes G-Funk doesn't have the same appeal as it used to.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2003, 03:06:43 PM »
Yeah, but you can't go reppin the westcoast and release an album full of eastcoast producers and guests, with no leftside flava. That's what I call HYPOCRESY.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 04:01:46 PM »
look man its 2003..........and lets be real, aint no one nigga gone produce a whole album these days, specially if its a big album.......face it, 213 has to be a success.........and of course snoop and nate must care fo warren as he dont really need the 213 joint as much as warren but he still did it.........and lets face it the nigga aint made a hit in years and nobody really works alot with him.........includin dre............and havin 4-5 beats on a album these days is MASSIVE......seriously.........why dont y'all jus let the niggaz have a break and make sum music and when the album gets released, judge it fairly and see if its shit or not then.......

its unbeleiveable how much niggaz hate these days.........jus be glad warren is producin on this album and lets hope ther est of the producers shine to

and like scorpion said, aint noone but them know about they relationship

peace