Author Topic: Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?  (Read 875 times)

smerlus

Re:Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2003, 08:16:41 AM »

You're a moron.

So the Westcoast as a whole COPYRIGHTED rapping about "gangsta" topics ?
Anybody using "Gangsta" expressions should either be from the Westcoast, or apply for the right to use it.. ??

Next thing you know, Italian mafia are gonna sue 30% of all rappers for using mafia nicknames and expressions..  ::)

yep that's exactly what i mean.......wait...can anyone else that isn't a total fucking retard tell me where he got copyrighted in ANY of my posts?....answer me this lil lame, when you feel stupid do you just throw words into people's mouths to try and win arguements?

so since you're on this fake copyrighted shit....i guess it'll be ok for every rapper to start yelling "it's murrrrrdaaaaaaah" and no one will think nothing of it because it's not copyrighted.

it's cool that you're from a different country and all, and you spend all day on the internet studying our culture, trying to learn all these little factiods and shit, but what you can't learn on the internet is some common fucking sense...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2003, 09:10:02 AM »
How tha fuck can a man on parole come up real BIG now in these times? He is stricly a bizznessman, Dat era was different...mann, think about it...I dun even like Suge, but I alwayz keep it real...

And about DRE being tha mastermind of Death Row...once again, I repeat, if it wasn't for Suge, Death Row wouldn't have been SHIT!!!!!!!

Argue that all U want...a dope producer does not mean success, especially when he didn't have no money 2 start with, I know cats out here way better than Dre on da boards...It's Dre's hype that everyone falls into thinking he is superman...I'll show U shit that is way more complex but U ain't gone feel it now, is U? but if I swear Dre did this, U would be all over tha beat...I'm just being real mayne...

Anywayz, tha topic is gettin outta hand here...2 tha muthafucaz that want me to "elaborate"...lol, eff dat shit...I've been writing fuckin essays on this shit in da past 3 dayz on this board...go find em & read em carefully...

« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 09:11:40 AM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Jome

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2003, 06:07:37 PM »
yep that's exactly what i mean.......wait...can anyone else that isn't a total fucking retard tell me where he got copyrighted in ANY of my posts?....answer me this lil lame, when you feel stupid do you just throw words into people's mouths to try and win arguements?

so since you're on this fake copyrighted shit....i guess it'll be ok for every rapper to start yelling "it's murrrrrdaaaaaaah" and no one will think nothing of it because it's not copyrighted.

it's cool that you're from a different country and all, and you spend all day on the internet studying our culture, trying to learn all these little factiods and shit, but what you can't learn on the internet is some common fucking sense...

::)

Doesn't even deserve a reply.

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2003, 06:28:48 PM »
What it comes down to, is, Nobody put Dre & Snoop on, they put themselves on (well, snoop got put on by Dre, but help put Dre on, too).  Since then, the only person that's 'blown up' out west is Tupac.  So, lesse here.  You have Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, and Tupac.  That's it.

Out East and South, people put themselves on every couple months.  Nobody put Ludakris on.  Nobody was bitching about Timbaland not getting a helping hand.  Nobody made the Wu.  List goes on and on and on.  Probably 3 dozen or so people on Dre & Snoop's level that aren't from the west put themselves on.  It's not Dre & Snoop's fault nobody else can step up.  People just don't like westcoast music, we gotta face the facts.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2003, 06:36:11 PM »
And another thing I dont get, people always say Dre & Snoop don't help out, look at all the fucking people they have worked with, that haven't done shit.  The westcoast is full of people Dre & Snoop have done songs with, that are tight as hell, and they can't get anywhere.  I'll just name a few of the obvious.

Warren G
Daz
Kurupt
Nate Dogg (Hell, he's blown up to an extent, but his albums don't sell).
Lady Of Rage
Soopafly
Eastsidaz (Have done alright)
Kokane
E white
Knoc'Turnal
Hittman
6'2
E A Ski
RBX
King T

On and On and On.  It's easy to say Dre killed half of them by not putting albums out, but the way yall talk, all it takes is Snoop & Dre to do a song with them and they blow the fuck up.  Why haven't they done shit?  A few of them had a lil' success, Warren, Nate, Eastsidaz, but most of them either stop making music or just bitch about how Dre or Snoop fucked them over.  Nobody's doing anything for themselves, I've got more respect for the bay area guys that stay hustlin all the time and sell their own and don't even care about whether or not somebody helps them out.  

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2003, 06:50:17 PM »
In conclusion:

Blaming your failures (not acheiving mainstream success since it's seems that it's a goal) on others or some other factors is just pathetic.  

Don't cry about the New York is "hating" on you, or a big conspiracy to not play west coast music in the east, or Dre and Snoop not helping you out, etc.

YOU SOUND STUPID

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2003, 07:15:39 PM »
In conclusion:

Blaming your failures (not acheiving mainstream success since it's seems that it's a goal) on others or some other factors is just pathetic.  

Don't cry about the New York is "hating" on you, or a big conspiracy to not play west coast music in the east, or Dre and Snoop not helping you out, etc.

YOU SOUND STUPID

Well it is true, but everyone needs to stop bitchin' about it.

Jome

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2003, 07:44:06 PM »
In conclusion:

YOU SOUND STUPID

Well put.

LIFE

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2003, 01:34:47 AM »
you know if youre from the west you should show special apreceation for the west and not just were you from but the whole west.See thats what made PAC so special PAC collaberated with every body no matter where they was from, But even pac showed special intrest in the WEST. If snoop and dre did alot of that what pac did then the west would had never  fallen off just think about it E-40 RAPPING OVER DRE BEATS YUKMOUTH DRU DOWN RAPIN 4 TAY YOUNG LAY TOO SHORT MAC DRE AND THE LIST GOES ON.....HOLLA

smerlus

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2003, 01:42:06 AM »
what i noticed about pac that got me mad, but i realize now is....he never really fucked with the big names on the west coast....like i would have loved to hear a dre, ice cube, 2pac song.....but oh well...when's 2pac supposed to come back now?

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2003, 06:46:09 AM »
you know if youre from the west you should show special apreceation for the west and not just were you from but the whole west.See thats what made PAC so special PAC collaberated with every body no matter where they was from, But even pac showed special intrest in the WEST. If snoop and dre did alot of that what pac did then the west would had never  fallen off just think about it E-40 RAPPING OVER DRE BEATS YUKMOUTH DRU DOWN RAPIN 4 TAY YOUNG LAY TOO SHORT MAC DRE AND THE LIST GOES ON.....HOLLA

I personally could not imagine Dre & E-40 hooking up....I'm not hating, it's just that I'm not a fan of E-40's style and maybe Dre and other producers are not either.  I'm sure Snoop worked with at least a couple of those cats you mentioned.  Once again, how much can two men do especially when they have done so much already.    

Trauma-san

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2003, 12:52:36 PM »
^ Exactly, snoop worked with E-40, Dre's worked with E A Ski, King T, etc.  And none of them ever did anything with it.  What about Soopafly? Snoop's rode Soopa's dick for years, and he still hasnt' got anything accomplished.  The simple facts is people don't wanna hear westcoast shit, that's why Nwa, Eazy, Bone, Cube, Dre, Snoop, Pac are about the only people who ever blew up out of the west.  

SGV

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »
This will be my only reply to this, so don't bother trying to argue.

Dre didn't put himself on. N.W.A. was a collective effort. If it wasn't for Eazy's funding and Cubes writing, N.W.A. would've never happened, and Dre would still be in eye-liner and make up. He didn't put Deathrow on by himself. Without Suge's funds, Snoop, RBX and D.O.C.'s writing The Chronic wouldn't have worked. Known fact.

Now, Dre and Snoop are the two MAIN bread winners out West. They claim to be the Kings of the West Coast, but they rarely get out of L.A. When Snoop gets down with someone outside of L.A.(and I'm talking strictly on the West), he gives them some booty ass verse or something that's already been released. True, he's networking with them, but what kinda bullshit is that? Why does he rip a joint with an unknown cat like Chingy(because they recorded that song way before "Right Thurr" was a hit outside of Missouri), and not lace up a dope track with someone in the Bay/Sac/Northwest? For that matter, San Diego?

Snoop and Dre are egomaniacs. That's why they don't escape L.A. to work with other artists. In San Diego and the rest of the West(excluding L.A.) Dre and Snoop aren't even regarded as that tight. San Diegans by pass L.A. and go straight up North, because that's who they look up to. Bay cats look up to Bay cats. Sac heads look up to other Sacramento residents. Etc. Snoop and especially Dre, want to be the biggest stars at all times. They don't want to work with a cat who looks at E-40 as a bigger Icon than them. It's the truth.

People say, "oh well Dre worked with E-A-Ski." Yea, he worked with him, and what did he do? He pretty much blocked all the work from coming out. "He worked with King Tee..." what happened to Tipsy's album? Released years later. The last West Coast album Dre put out(aside from his) was Snoop's "Doggystyle." He produces here and there for cats out here. Xzibit, Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, 40 Glocc(but, he's down with the DPGs, so it was no suprise) and a few others.

Dre and Snoop have the power to take any artist to a label and say "peep this cat, he got talent" "oh aight Snoop/Dre no problem." Now, they don't have to, but they should. No matter how hot an artist out here is, they won't listen to him unless it's Dre or Snoop affiliated. Listen to Yukmouth's album, yea it's on a major label, but we all know Rap-A-Lot and Virgin aren't really working out well. Yuk has plenty of tight commercial/club joints on the album, but gets no play. Why? Because a real good label doesn't want to scoop him. It's not that he's not talented, because he'll rip apart almost any emcee, but because he's not Dre or Snoop affiliated and he's from the Bay. The Bay is not a major market. L.A. is the major market. Majors are afraid to go to the Bay. They can't market them. Also because the lack of affiliation.

Sad to say, but L.A. only supports L.A. That's why everyone in the West skips over us and networks elsewhere. Yukmouth has a huger following in Kansas City Missouri than he does in L.A. And, that's a damn shame. His own State doesn't have love for him, because he's not affiliated. Weak shit. Look at Atlanta. You see Atlanta rappers blowing up crazy. You look at their videos, you'll always see different ATL heads in their videos. They stay together. Help each other out. That's how it should be done. Look at NY. Almost all the labels up there are filled with artists from the same areas. Roc-A-Fella is the only label that ventures out, and look at how poor those projects do. I'm not for sure, but most NY cats would rather hear Jay put on someone from NY, rather than State Property. You know?

Pretty much it's not Snoop or Dre's fault that the West isn't major. But, the weight is on their shoulders. They're the only way a cat can get signed. Everyone out West is looked at as Hardcore. But, no matter what Snoop and Dre say, they're image is already established and accepted. All they have to do is help out others. Snoop does help out, but he ruins projects. Eastsidaz albums sound like Snoop albums. So, it defeats the purpose.

Trauma-san

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2003, 05:41:38 PM »
Really guys, just relax, I still don't even understand why you give a fuck.  If you like the music, buy it, who cares if it sells, or you think the guy's a sellout, or Dre won't work with him, or whatever.  Good fucking god, what happened to just liking music?  I could give a fuck who dre or snoop work with, if they want to go be Britney's backup singers I don't give a shit.