Author Topic: Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?  (Read 877 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dre?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 01:20:44 PM »
Rodzilla came correct. Snoop and Dre got luccy. Y'all need to realize that this shit will alwayz be how it is. I find it funny when so and so says they gonna bring the West bacc. Just like Complex said...we never left! We've alwayz been here, under the radar screen. Nothing's ever gonna change. So we should just stop bitchin', kicc bacc, and hope that our artists continue to put out bangin' music.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 01:38:56 PM »
Why do we blame everything on Snoop and Dr. Dre?

Because we can't blame MC Hammer and Oaktown's 357 8)

TRu Word

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2003, 01:56:01 PM »
If Sly Boogie and Jelly Roll were were the two most sucessful in the rap game from the west then we would blame them.  I really gotta give snoop credit he has some how some way kept his career going after so many times it could have ended.  He releases Sub-Par album after sub-par album, wack movie after wack movie and yet he stays sucessful.  Peeps call him to feature ask to be on his album give t.v shows and shit.  I guess peeps are mad that they feel they do more and they dont get what he gets, but pissin on his fire aint gonna give your career a spark.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 04:12:21 PM »
If Sly Boogie and Jelly Roll were were the two most sucessful in the rap game from the west then we would blame them.

True

He releases Sub-Par album after sub-par album, wack movie after wack movie and yet he stays sucessful.  

I wouldn't say Doggfather,Top Dogg and Last Meal are sub-par,unless you consider Doggystyle as on par..........but let that rest,it's a whole different matter...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 04:14:16 PM by Z-Virus »
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 05:50:46 PM »
Bottom Line....After 19/20 years, Ruthless, Deathrow, Aftermath Dre has earned at least the right to work with whoever the fuck he wants to.  Suge and Tupac did him a favor by dissing the hell out of him.  Instead of wasting time responding, he just started working with more Eastcoast rappers.  No disrespect but where is Tupac now...and by the way, where is Suge...I just can't understand why Westcoast fans, Westcoast wannabe rappers, refuse to give this man the respect he deserves.  Who knows, maybe that's why he does not work with more westcoast talent.  The East would/does appreciate him and Snoop more than you guys do.  

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 07:58:25 PM »
south

how much stage personality do these southern rappers have? the majority of them look like they suffer from some birth defect such as down syndrome, or fetal alcohol syndrome....and they still get play on MTV, BET and the radio stations.

lyrics....garbage....half of these section 8 bastards think they're running bootcamp and shit, shouting out rehashed drill cadences...and the beats could be summed up as prehistoric

east

you got east coast rappers that try to be pretty boys or the ones that try and act all grimey, and most of them can pull off what they're trying to look like (except ja rule, he looks like a retarded rotisery chicken)

and i have to admit, they have 100 times more lyrical skill than the south...but so does dr suess. but they really don't say shit that's important. it's always i love women, i love money, i love my jewels and cars.....and then you do get the gangsta rapper from the east.....but that shit is just stolen off the west

^^now that's some ignorant shit right there LoL I won't even bother tryin to make u closeminded noob realize what u talkin about

Because Dre & Snoop got lucky...

If Snoop wasn't with Death Row back in da dayz, he would be just another Sly Boogie...

Tha fact that they waz wit Death Row and tha way Suge Knight handled they business & put em on made them West Coast's only mainstream rappers these dayz...WHY are they mainstream? because they have tha rich white doods behind their backs
LoL @ "rich white doods"

8 million rich white doods baught Dre's 2001.. the hiphop fan base seems to be pretty damn well off (and white.. but we all know white = rich anyway)

and maybe u never heard of em but there was NWA and Ruthless before Death Row and Dre was known before he ever met Suge Knight.. it was the Eazy beef + the quality of the music + the fact that Dre was already known for his production skills that made em successful in the first place and not Suge.. Dre "wazn't" just "with Derath Row ".. he "waz" Death Row.. he founded it even though he needed Suge to get him out of that contract

3 times he had a west coast label be on top.. now days aftermath is just a hiphop label but ain't nothin wrong with that.. he doesn't owe the West Coast SHIT.. nobody did more for it than him and the only time it was on top was with and cuz of him

smerlus

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2003, 08:48:06 PM »

^^now that's some ignorant shit right there LoL I won't even bother tryin to make u closeminded noob realize what u talkin about

oh shit i've been called a noob....are we playing everquest or talking about rap here?

yes i'll say it, south music sucks because it says absolutely nothing and doesn't further hip hop as an art...either does east and that's all you hear on the radio or on TV....

i know that there are underground artists around the world the represent east, north, canada and all that other shit... but we're talking about radio rap so it would be nice to take my comments in context rather than get your feelings hurt

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2003, 03:39:15 AM »

oh shit i've been called a noob....are we playing everquest or talking about rap here?

yes i'll say it, south music sucks because it says absolutely nothing and doesn't further hip hop as an art...either does east and that's all you hear on the radio or on TV....

i know that there are underground artists around the world the represent east, north, canada and all that other shit... but we're talking about radio rap so it would be nice to take my comments in context rather than get your feelings hurt

no feelings.. that's why I don't care and just won't waste time

if we talkin about what the radio plays how are the west artists any better than the east when it comes to subject matter? if u say all the east talks about is love, jewells n cars u might as well say all the west talks about is gangsta, pimpin n weed

and how did the east steal gangsta rap from the west when Schoolly D started it..?

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2003, 09:23:18 AM »
First off, I dont think dre and snoop should be responosible for bringing back the west.  Itll take new talent to do that and not the same ol old ass rappers.  But dre, like ive said before, could do more for the west so shit, he can face criticism for that.  I mean lets switch regions.  JD still represents where hes from and his roster shows that.  Snoops from long beach and he brings niggas up from long beach.  Diddy is from NY and he brings fools up from NY.  Dre is from LA and he brings up Eminem and 50 cent.  Hes been back in the game for 4 years and he aint signed and dropped one west coast artist.  Yeah, i gotta a problem with that.  Snoop is doin his thing, i aint got too much criticism for snoop.  

eS El Duque

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »
Praise Represent! He sums my thoughts up! You'll get a shout out as soon as I think it's time for that stuff. (500 posts)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2003, 12:30:34 PM »
LoL @ "rich white doods"

8 million rich white doods baught Dre's 2001.. the hiphop fan base seems to be pretty damn well off (and white.. but we all know white = rich anyway)

and maybe u never heard of em but there was NWA and Ruthless before Death Row and Dre was known before he ever met Suge Knight.. it was the Eazy beef + the quality of the music + the fact that Dre was already known for his production skills that made em successful in the first place and not Suge.. Dre "wazn't" just "with Derath Row ".. he "waz" Death Row.. he founded it even though he needed Suge to get him out of that contract

jesus....I make a comment about DPG, im a DPG hater, I make a comment about rich white doods, I guess I'm racist now.....mannn, by rich white doods, I mean tha MAJORS, I thought everyone would get that in a second.....

and believe it or not.....Dre waz "with" death row.....think about it carefully.....and BY death row I don't mean just tha label.....I mean everything, timing and all.....they came up in dat lil Suge era.....biggest era in rap by far, because it waz tha 1st time rap waz goin mainstream, like it or not, Suge is da mastermind behind all that.....without his bizzness tactics, they wouldn't be a 1/4 successful as they came out to be......In this game, talent don't mean shit, it's tha way U handle yur bizzness dat decides yur fate......But still, I wasn't hating, I waz just mentioning how Dre & Snoop were fortunate enuff 2 come up like that and really in da East they are tha most respected because they are tha most known, so when U are in da spotlight................................................U know how dat go, I ain't tryin 2 get into it again.........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

smerlus

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2003, 12:43:11 PM »
i know Schoolly D started gangsta rap, i have all of his classic cd's like......no wait i don't, you know why? cause he's a no name...and no names don't get credited for inventing things.

plus gangsta rap comes from running with gangs and shit, we all know gang life didn't start on the east, unless you count that leonardo dicaprio movie...

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2003, 12:45:03 PM »
You got some good points, and i probably agree 99%....
Good read....
word.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2003, 01:14:51 PM »
i know Schoolly D started gangsta rap, i have all of his classic cd's like......no wait i don't, you know why? cause he's a no name...and no names don't get credited for inventing things.

plus gangsta rap comes from running with gangs and shit, we all know gang life didn't start on the east, unless you count that leonardo dicaprio movie...

You're making yourself look pretty stupid with this post.

*hopes somehow he's being sarcastic or is joking*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 01:17:29 PM by C2Knuckles »

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2003, 03:17:33 PM »
jesus....I make a comment about DPG, im a DPG hater, I make a comment about rich white doods, I guess I'm racist now.....mannn, by rich white doods, I mean tha MAJORS, I thought everyone would get that in a second.....

and believe it or not.....Dre waz "with" death row.....think about it carefully.....and BY death row I don't mean just tha label.....I mean everything, timing and all.....they came up in dat lil Suge era.....biggest era in rap by far, because it waz tha 1st time rap waz goin mainstream, like it or not, Suge is da mastermind behind all that.....without his bizzness tactics, they wouldn't be a 1/4 successful as they came out to be......In this game, talent don't mean shit, it's tha way U handle yur bizzness dat decides yur fate......But still, I wasn't hating, I waz just mentioning how Dre & Snoop were fortunate enuff 2 come up like that and really in da East they are tha most respected because they are tha most known, so when U are in da spotlight................................................U know how dat go, I ain't tryin 2 get into it again.........

I know u talkin about "tha majors" but that's bullshit too.. the majors are white but not rich.. wtf gave u that idea

and Suge was necessary cuz of the contract but he wasn't the one who brougth attention with the Eazy beef, he wasn't the one who was already well known and a former part of the group that made gangsta rap big, he wasn't the one who brought Snoop to Death Row and he didn't make the actual music.. so how can he be "da mastermind behind all that"..?

Ruthless became successful and big when Dre joined.. without any Suge.. Dre formed Death Row with Suge.. Dre left Death Row, Death Row fell of, Dre formed Aftermath, Aftermath is on top.. it's pretty damn obvies who is and was the mastermind.. of course it wasn't just him but he was definatly more important than Suge

You're making yourself look pretty stupid with this post.

*hopes somehow he's being sarcastic or is joking*

I kinda gave up that hope.. maybe he'll prove me wrong