Author Topic: Surprise album of the year: BUBBA SPARXXX!!  (Read 421 times)

teecee

Surprise album of the year: BUBBA SPARXXX!!
« on: September 17, 2003, 12:43:19 PM »
Damn, i hated his first album, especially the singles.  But, to my surprise and shock, Bubba has delivered a very solid album, and his flow and lyrics and topics have improved immensely.  Big props to BUbba, and Timbaland drops some of his best beats in a long time on this disc.

Standout songs:

Deliverance
Comin Round
Nowhere
She said

all four tracks are great in different ways, and much different from the rest of mainstream rap.  It took me awile, but i think i can appreciate what bubba brings to the game now.  

mauzip

Re:Surprise album of the year: BUBBA SPARXXX!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 12:52:04 PM »

Smooth

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 12:54:23 PM »
Damn, i hated his first album, especially the singles.  But, to my surprise and shock, Bubba has delivered a very solid album, and his flow and lyrics and topics have improved immensely.  Big props to BUbba, and Timbaland drops some of his best beats in a long time on this disc.

Standout songs:

Deliverance
Comin Round
Nowhere
She said

all four tracks are great in different ways, and much different from the rest of mainstream rap.  It took me awile, but i think i can appreciate what bubba brings to the game now.  

Yeah I feel ya on that Teecee... Iv'e heard "Deliverance" and "She Said" and I was impressed with both... Bubba has steped it up for sure...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Jome

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 07:15:57 PM »

Ahh, shuttup..  ;D

This albums brings something different to rap.. pretty dope album.

Goatman

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 07:19:36 PM »
THE ALBUM IS SHIT BUBBA SPARXX SUCKS DICK THAT FAT COUNTRY HICK

teecee

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 12:42:24 AM »
Yo Goatman, thats what i thought about Bubba when i first heard UGLY, but once i got my head out of my ass and my ears were free to listen and appreciate Bubba, i realized he is actually pretty dope...

eS El Duque

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 06:12:49 AM »
Yo Goatman, thats what i thought about Bubba when i first heard UGLY, but once i got my head out of my ass and my ears were free to listen and appreciate Bubba, i realized he is actually pretty dope...

word

Jome

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 09:16:25 PM »

8)

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 09:31:15 PM »
THE ALBUM IS SHIT BUBBA SPARXX SUCKS DICK THAT FAT COUNTRY HICK
The Universal Hater

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 02:44:56 PM »
I think it's a pretty dope album, I never even checked out his first album, which I probably should do.  

"Comin' Round" is my shit right now.  

You gotta respect Bubba, he's original and comes with something different.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2003, 02:53:38 PM »
album of the year?!?! fuck naw!!!! y'all can love this and hate on everythin snoop does, amazing..........

man he sounds like he cant even flow over beats, his strugglin, n i aint hatin cuz the fools white n shit, its jus his weak! nuff said!!.............

the mauzip face thing tells the whole story.....................but then i havent heard his new album, and apparently his stepped up his game on this.............is it true? is the album actually dope?? i dont want no groupie or biased foo to tell me either, jus sum1 who got love for real hiphop.......cuz i'll seriously giv it a listen if u really think its a top notch hiphop joint.............but as of what ive heard from bubba so far, i aint sure...........but like i said, ppl say his stepped up..........so whats the album like?

teecee

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2003, 04:45:09 PM »
Noone said this was the album of the year, but merely the "Surprise album of the year"......

Lyrical G, check out Comin ROund, Nowhere, DELIVERANCE, she said, and lemme know what u think.   I dont think ANYONE on this forum is a bubba groupie or biased towards him at all, so i am saying with no bias i think the album is dope in its own way.  ITs different, thats for sure.  Sure, bubba seems like a gimmick but you listen to his lyrics they are actually kinda dope right now and his flow is way better.  Still, if you only like REAL HIP HOP this may not be for you, cuz it sure aint ras kass or masta ace or anything like that.

Tha album isnt all good, thats for sure.  There are some rock tinged beats tat arent my thing, i was just surprised to find four really good songs and some others that were pretty good too.  Just dload the four songs i mentioned and then decide what u think of bubba

Jome

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2003, 06:52:13 PM »
^^ Word, it's just a pretty coo album, not amazing..

LOL @ Lyrical_G playahating when he haven't heard the album..
Just like you did with defending Fabolous albums when you haven't heard them..
I suggest you check out the albums, and THEN talk about them.. not the other way around. ;)

Goatman

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2003, 06:56:11 PM »
The album sucks Bubba Sparxx is wack they even cut him off Jimmy Kimmel show lol

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2003, 02:14:33 PM »
^^ Word, it's just a pretty coo album, not amazing..

LOL @ Lyrical_G playahating when he haven't heard the album..
Just like you did with defending Fabolous albums when you haven't heard them..
I suggest you check out the albums, and THEN talk about them.. not the other way around. ;)

lol ay yo cuzz there aint no playahatin gwarnin here dawg, i heard bubbas 1st album and he was weak, he was talkin over his lyrics......he couldnt flow! no i aint heard his 2nd album but thats jus cuz his first was wack

and about fabolous........i wasnt defendin his album, i said havent heard them.........i was defending HIM...........as from what i heard of him, the kid can flow......big difference............but u know, if i can get my hands on some bubbaz new shit, i'll check it out but it aint sumthin imma go outta direction fo

peace