Author Topic: Jay-Z Black Album Deviation  (Read 191 times)

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
Jay-Z Black Album Deviation
« on: September 25, 2003, 12:24:49 AM »
Short Excerpt from MTV.com

#####
"I'mma put 12 records on there," he said about the project's progress. "I got about 11 or 12 [songs] and I think 70 percent [of those records] is gonna make it. So I would say I'm 70 percent done."

So far Jay's been working with producers Pharrell Williams, Rick Rubin, Kanye West and Just Blaze. Things have been going so well with the producers he's chosen thus far that he's altered his initial plan to have 12 different producers for the 12 tracks on the LP. "I don't know how that's gonna turn out," he said. "When I got in there, I vibed with Pharrell. We did about three or four songs. I got in there with Kanye, I did the record with Rick. I'm bringing Timbaland in now. We'll see how the [Dr.] Dre thing works out. I don't want to compromise the sound of the album or the integrity of the music just to stick to that plan.

"I thought it was a wonderful, brilliant thing," he added. "But if I get in there with a producer and we vibe and we make more than one song, I don't want to take the song off just so I could put on 12 different producers."

Another game plan Jay had early on was to not follow his own blueprint and actually compose songs the conventional way — on paper instead of in his head. But that idea was eventually scrapped.
#####

That sucks.
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

The Watcher

Re:Jay-Z Black Album Deviation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 12:28:25 AM »
sounds like its turning out to be a normal jayz album
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

KVB

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 09:27:52 AM »
I'm glad he got rid of that "12 producers" list of his. It was a bad idea in the first place, good thing it's been scrapped.

The part about not compromising the sound of the album is 100% on point, but by no means do I want 3-4 Neptunes tracks on the album. Neptunes are good for party music and radio hits, but I fear their appearance on the album would turn it in the wrong direction. I don't want more of the jiggy bling bling bullshit that infested BP2, I want a classic with real themes and concepts like The Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt was. And that does not involve The Neptunes... :(

He should just let Just Blaze, Kanye West & Dre do the entire album and create the final classic album he deserves.

Efrain

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 11:37:17 AM »
Yea I’m also glad that 12 different producers idea changed. There would have been too much confusion with 12  different sounds on a record. The best albums are the ones that have a consistent vibe or sound.. like continuity, the same way The Blueprint sounded.

Btw if that didn’t make any sense it’s because I’m all fucked up on Hydrocodone  8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 01:11:14 PM »
he should just do kanye and dre, like 10-11 tracks, no bling bling

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 02:32:33 PM »
this album better notbe like blueprint 2...........and its still gotta be better than blueprint to get a classic........lets see if he can do it...........he should really be puttin in alot of effort if this is really his album

peace