Author Topic: THE REASON WEST COAST ARTISTZ AINT BLOWIN UP:  (Read 310 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:THE REASON WEST COAST ARTISTZ AINT BLOWIN UP:
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 11:21:21 PM »
I think the west is just not putting effort into it, look @ Snoop, he from thre west 2, he got his songs played everywhere, he even as his own T.V show namean, he promotes himself alot, he puts effort into it, he got varities of production nd appearances(even tho they suk) but c he got producers from diff. areas, whern they work on his album, they mke their ppl. lissen to his music nd on nd on nd..........

The West is putting a TON of effort in. Like i said, its hard to blow up anywhere but on YUR side, when its only YUR side playing your music. Snoop is one of about only 2-3 Westcoast artists that dont receive hate on tha Eastcoast. And like i said too, he is slowly losing respect out here on tha West. Sellin yur soul...only lasts so long i guess. I like Snoop n all, but lately i dunno. I mean, he's far from tha best MC on tha westcoast...and definetely not tha only Westcoast artist heard Eastcoast critics...but YET, the only one to receive any play out there? Why is that? Because he's the only one right now, with a big enough name...that u can pair him with one of THEIR artists, and actually boost their record sales. The East doesnt want the West to blow back up (i guarentee u), BUT, they will use Snoop as a pawn to blow up their own artists. Thats just my opinion on it. Nobody thinks Snoop, or Dre...are the reason why sum better westcoast artists dont get exposure over sub-par eastcoast artists. But like they say, if youre not part of the solution...youre part of the problem.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 12:43:58 AM »
The West is putting a TON of effort in. Like i said, its hard to blow up anywhere but on YUR side, when its only YUR side playing your music. Snoop is one of about only 2-3 Westcoast artists that dont receive hate on tha Eastcoast. And like i said too, he is slowly losing respect out here on tha West. Sellin yur soul...only lasts so long i guess. I like Snoop n all, but lately i dunno. I mean, he's far from tha best MC on tha westcoast...and definetely not tha only Westcoast artist heard Eastcoast critics...but YET, the only one to receive any play out there? Why is that? Because he's the only one right now, with a big enough name...that u can pair him with one of THEIR artists, and actually boost their record sales. The East doesnt want the West to blow back up (i guarentee u), BUT, they will use Snoop as a pawn to blow up their own artists. Thats just my opinion on it. Nobody thinks Snoop, or Dre...are the reason why sum better westcoast artists dont get exposure over sub-par eastcoast artists. But like they say, if youre not part of the solution...youre part of the problem.

I agree with that a lot. I think other coasts do use Snoop to sell their shit. There are 100s of reasons y the west is non existant in the rap game right now. One of the main ones, as many others said, is the fact that the east coast does not like the west and tries to keep them down...plus the fact that the south has so many consumers that support music from their region that it doesn't matter if the east coast did hate on them...plus most people outside of Cali don't like G-Funk or laid back music like we are known for, they only like Dre type shit....shit its so many reasons that all link together, I really donno what the fucc will bring us back except for bein shady and payin the east coast to play our shit.

But on the real, ONE sign of progress is that the west has been on hella east coast mixtapes lately.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 12:49:19 AM »

I agree with that a lot. I think other coasts do use Snoop to sell their shit. There are 100s of reasons y the west is non existant in the rap game right now. One of the main ones, as many others said, is the fact that the east coast does not like the west and tries to keep them down...plus the fact that the south has so many consumers that support music from their region that it doesn't matter if the east coast did hate on them...plus most people outside of Cali don't like G-Funk or laid back music like we are known for, they only like Dre type shit....shit its so many reasons that all link together, I really donno what the fucc will bring us back except for bein shady and payin the east coast to play our shit.

But on the real, ONE sign of progress is that the west has been on hella east coast mixtapes lately.

^^true, but fuk payin them off. What will bring back the west, is if we do what they do. If our radio stations stick to our own shit. If our record stores limit tha selection of Eastcoast CD's, if westcoast magazines, and critics continuously give bad ratings to their albums in order to hurt their record sales on the westcoast. All shit that they do to our music. It aint right, but if thas how its gotta be...then fukit. This is by FAR the state with the most people, over twice that of tha state of NY. If they lose record sales out here...over sum hatin bullshit (that they initiated), theyll be hurtin...and be forced to quit that shit, IMO.

DutchV

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 12:55:17 AM »
It's a trip
I Got a radio show here in the U.K
And I play more West Coast then they play at West Coast Radio Stations  ???

man id love to listen to your station, but im not in your area (manchester) so i wont b able to hear it  :-\

There working on a net link
I will let U know  ;)

Id love to listen to your shit... let us know when you got a net link up and workin!  

otherwise I'll have to fly from the Westcoast, all the way over to Manchester to catch a Man United game, and listen to you bangin the westcoast FIRE!

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 03:42:24 AM »
It's a trip
I Got a radio show here in the U.K
And I play more West Coast then they play at West Coast Radio Stations  ???

man id love to listen to your station, but im not in your area (manchester) so i wont b able to hear it  :-\

There working on a net link
I will let U know  ;)

Id love to listen to your shit... let us know when you got a net link up and workin!  

otherwise I'll have to fly from the Westcoast, all the way over to Manchester to catch a Man United game, and listen to you bangin the westcoast FIRE!

U would have to catch a Man City game
Fuck United  ;D