Author Topic: I Was Shocked When...  (Read 192 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I Was Shocked When...
« on: September 18, 2003, 06:21:44 PM »
...I read the credits to Music, Magic, Myth.

7. One Life Feat. Poetic & Esthero
Produced by Set Free
Written by The Last Emperor & Set Free
Mixed & Engineered by Scott Harding
Assistant Engineer: Phil

It seems that The Last Emperor wrote Poetic's verse for that song.  I just wouldn't have thougth that considering what was said.

Here are the full credits.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:I Was Shocked When...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 07:28:06 PM »
It's gotta be a mistake. There's no way he couldn't have written that incredible verse. RIP Poetic.....

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

teecee

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 10:39:57 PM »
Nah, i read an interview with Poetic before he passed/  The interviewer asked him what, if anything, he has been working on, and he said he was just laying low althhough he had recently done a very deep and meaningful track with Last Emperor.  Cant quite remember the whole interview, but im pretty sure he wrote it....lots of times credits can be inaccurate

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 03:04:08 AM »
lmao that would be hella embarrassing
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 06:48:41 PM »
In the credits for the whole album it listed "written by" The Last Emperor and the producer of the song for each song.  And there were two features on it.  Poetic and the Cocoa Brovaz.  The latter of the two got credit but Poetic didn't.

I wouldn't think that the Emp would write that verse for him but it's possible but I don't see why they remembered to give the Cocoa Brovas credit and not Poetic.